Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New home sale in Belmont, Stepaside, Dublin 18

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dearg76

D16A/0393

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Jolisa94

Got a flyer from Senator Richmond the other day talking about the social housing which is going into the area on the right as you come into Aikens Village from Enniskerry Rd. (the area thats currently being cleared).

There is permission for 153 units of social / affordable housing - a mix of apartments and houses and some kind of community centre. It's a part 8 planning permission which was granted back in 2007. He gives the reference nr as PC/06/07.

DA16A/0393 is another private scheme of 39 houses and 17 apartments which will sit between Clon Brugh and Belmont, on the left as you enter Village Rd., this also carries the required quota of social/affordable housing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Rusty79

Hi! Moving into Darley Lane in coming weeks. Can anyone recommend (PM) who to contact to complete snaglist? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dearg76

I can't recommend anyone for snaglist unfortunately as our snagger was very poor. Have they indicated to you when Darley lane will open? Have builders mentioned when park will be completed to you either?

dearg76 wrote: »
    I can't recommend anyone for snaglist unfortunately as our snagger was very poor. Have they indicated to you when Darley lane will open? Have builders mentioned when park will be completed to you either?

Thanks. The last I heard Darley Lane should be ready in 4-6 weeks. I haven't anything definite about the park yet. Will let you know if I hear anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 deltas

Anyone moved into Darley Lane yet? My house is due to be finished soon. SFG have said it will be ready in 5 weeks for the past 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 newstalk2017

I wouldn't bother with speaking to the sherry fitz. They know nothing. Speak with the builders directly. Have you snagged your house yet?

Not yet, they said it should be ready this week but I have lost all faith in them. What is the best way to contact the builders?

That's crazy. They seem to be very slow at finishing houses ! Call to the site office and ask to speak to a foreman, they should be able to give accurate informations

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Jeffrey Lebowski

deltas wrote: »
    Anyone moved into Darley Lane yet? My house is due to be finished soon. SFG have said it will be ready in 5 weeks for the past 3 months.

Went by Darley Lane yesterday. They have started putting down the tarmac so the lane will be ready soon. The houses are surely ready for snagging.

• Advertisement

The tarmac is down that's good news! I hope everyone will use the parking spaces assigned, I've seen cars parking on Darley Drive not use their car ports it makes getting past very narrow , and if a fire brigade had to get down in emergency it wouldn't be able to.

deltas wrote: »

I received notice to snag last week, so hope I'll be able to get moving soon! 🀞ðŸ»
    Have a chat with foreman, they should be able to give you better idea. Take anything SF or their solicitors with large grain of salt!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 tex12

Also bought in Darley Lane, but have been given Mid -July as finishing date by my solicitor from the buliders, which i think is prob just about right with what has still to be done.
    They are v slow in finishing as I'd say they are trying to get all the necessary trades men to be there together in a certain order,
    1.Paint undercoat 2. 2nd fix elec. 3. kitchen/warderobes. 4. Bathroom furniture 5.Tiling.- floors and walls 6.2nd fix carpentry. 7. final paint.
    All depends what stage your house is at, but trades men are gone want to come for a few houses at a time not just one house.
    There is another layer of tarmac to be put down i think to bring road level up to stormgrates and manhole levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 dtlibra

Some things never change, all of this has been going on for 4+ years!
    Progress on the so-called park is brutally slow

Agree with progress on this so called park. It seems stop and start for the last 6 months. No sign of any urgency by builders to do anything in this development. Very frustrating! Park/green area should be landscaped asap as Atkinson Drive is now complete.
    Is there residents association for Belmont? Can we pressure builders to complete green area.

SF have said another 3 weeks. Going to head up on Friday to ask the foreman, thanks for the advice.

Paid the deposit in October, told the house would be finished in March. Hopefully moved in by August. I don't mind the delay, it's the constant moving of the date that is driving me made.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 martymchugh

Hi there, we're on Hyde road, the windows and doors have been put in within the last 3 weeks, does anyone know roughly how long it takes from here to complete, all we've been told is no longer than 2 months but im sceptical..

Our house has had windows and doors since mid April. SF are saying another 3 weeks until snagging. We could potentially be moved in mid July, but going by all the delays, I wouldn't be surprised if we only move in August. So 3-4 months from windows to moving in for us.

Hi there, we're on Hyde road, the windows and doors have been put in within the last 3 weeks, does anyone know roughly how long it takes from here to complete, all we've been told is no longer than 2 months but im sceptical..

End of February I think. Expect won't get to snag for another few weeks.

Has anyone had issues/delays with the developers' solicitors when it comes to closing?

• Advertisement

Darley lane is now open.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 MarcoVanLinge

I know everything is sold out at the moment but anybody know how many houses they have left to build and when-ish they might go up for sale?

On the list for Belmont and Belarmine Woods but difficult to get anything out of Sherry Fitz!

Any and all advice welcome!

Here is a link to the original plans for the estate, https://tinyurl.com/yccp3nb9. It looks like there are only Larks and a number of apartments left.

How long did it take from receiving the snagging letter to moving in?

I notice today there is gravel at the front of houses on Darley Lane where there is planted flowers in the other streets ! (Atkinson , thornberry). They had some small window boxes with small garden flowers sitting on the gravel today, I think they may not be putting soil down at front of houses, look is poor and rushed do anyone know why this is happening? ?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 gareth_c

I notice today there is gravel at the front of houses on Darley Lane where there is planted flowers in the other streets ! (Atkinson , thornberry). They had some small window boxes with small garden flowers sitting on the gravel today, I think they may not be putting soil down at front of houses, look is poor and rushed do anyone know why this is happening? ?

The quality of the soil used in the other streets was horrible, its basically builders waste stones and debris so its not much of a loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭averagejoe123

Hi,

Does anyone have the prices for the last phase? I am specifically looking for the 4 bed semi detached. I have checked the property price register but it will be another while before the last phase are completed and put online.

Many Thanks

Joe

from 499,950

Has anyone got the number for the foreman?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭whatever76

from 499,950

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Advertisement