Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,111 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Loved the reference to the Rita Tushingham Community Centre (for those of a certain age). Reminded me of Nelson Mandela Towers in 'Only Fools and Horses'.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

So I take it that I wasn't alone in cringing my whole way through last night's episodes? Woeful is a generous statement! What in all that is holy possessed the producers to allow that air?

Referencing it something from Fair City (which is in a league of its own at the best of tines) is too nice if you ask me.

Last night 0/10

Also ,why were chesneys eyes red raw?

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

i hope for the sake of the child she does turn out to be Davids... Lily Tilsley is a bit of a mouthful

• Registered Users Posts: 84,997 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Isn't soapland great? All the normal practicalities of life can be ignored. Kylie gave birth on the sofa, without her waters breaking before hand and yet they were all able to sit on the sofa afterwards. No bodily fluids evacuating for good aul Kylie!! Only needed to give the towels and aul rinse out and it's like it never happened. And baby Lilly was spotlessly clean as soon as she came out and smiling within hours of being born to boot. Oh to live in the land of soap!!!

Cleanest birth ever :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Cleanest birth ever :P

For sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,334 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Lilly is a nice name!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

i hope for the sake of the child she does turn out to be Davids... Lily Tilsley is a bit of a mouthful

Lilly Platt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

24 hours behind, but God Shaun is so hopeless. Kylie is writhing around on the ground in agony and Shauns response was "I'll ring Gail". WTF is Gail going to do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

syklops wrote: »
    24 hours behind, but God Shaun is so hopeless. Kylie is writhing around on the ground in agony and Shauns response was "I'll ring Gail". WTF is Gail going to do?

I was hoping it was "I'll wring Gail."

Chesney seemed totally disinterested in Katie, wonder if he's having second thought about Sinead. She took it in good grace anyway. Lets hope she stays on as a normal female charachter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Red Kev wrote: »

Sinead. She took it in good grace anyway. Lets hope she stays on as a normal female charachter.

Yeah, she got a bit of a raw deal and used by Chez.I hope she gets some good luck soon.Seems like a nice and pleasant character, but even they can turn into monsters in soaps....:p

Can someone remind me. Coronation Street. Thats the one based on the Shetland Islands, where the nearest midwife is about an hour away at best. Or am I thinking of a different one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

I would have thought if he was going to ring anyone it would be Marcus.

cofy wrote: »

Or, 999 perhaps?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Or, 999 perhaps?
    Shhhhh!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭Alice1

Loved David on the phone to (I presume) the hospital. He is repeating what he is being told on the phone and for some reason, Kylie is unable to hear him so Gail has to repeat what he says to Kylie. When the hospital person tells Kylie to breathe out through her mouth, they neglect to say what she breathes in through...

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Kaching

I know it's just a soap but i think she resembles nick

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

cofy wrote: »

Exactly! They stop him on the street for free medical advice on all other ailments from possible birth defects to an ingrown toenail and yet when someone is actually in labour no one even thinks to call him!!!

Exactly! They stop him on the street for free medical advice on all other ailments from possible birth defects to an ingrown toenail and yet when someone is actually in labour no one even thinks to call him!!!

Did Kylie say that him and Maria took Max somewhere that day yet I think Gail rang Audrey asking her to keep Max :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

The family fun day was only on the red wreck I think. So it wouldn't have taken that long for Marcus to get back from there!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Red Kev wrote: »
    I was hoping it was "I'll wring Gail."

Chesney seemed totally disinterested in Katie, wonder if he's having second thought about Sinead. She took it in good grace anyway. Lets hope she stays on as a normal female charachter.

Haha, poor Gail. In fairness, she was the one that helped the most, in the end. I seem to remember Norris delivering a baby once, maybe Maxine's, way back. So he would have been able to step in too, I am sure. :D

It beats me how weedy little Ches has two (good looking) women interested in him. He doesn't seem to know what he wants. I think he used to be a more entertaining character in his earlier years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

I was thinking ...
    do you know the way the baby turns out to be genetically Tina's and tommys...how are they gona play that out
    now that tommy has been fired?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

I was thinking ... do you know the way the baby turns out to be genetically Tina's and tommys... how are they gona play that out now that tommy has been fired?

What? :eek:

Chucken wrote: »

well that's according to this thread.. it was said a while back

well that's according to this thread.. it was said a while back

I missed that!

Well that'll put a spanner in the works. God, I thought we were done with the baby Jake/Joe story :(

I missed that!

Well that'll put a spanner in the works. God, I thought we were done with the baby Jake/Joe story :(

Sorry if I've runied it for ya :P

Gail knows all about Paternity tests. Anyone else remember her having to have SarahLou tested to find out if she was Brians or his Aussie cousins?

Sorry if I've runied it for ya :P

Nah, its grand. If its true, it should be a good storyline.

Yes baby Jake/Joe was suppose to turn out to be Tommy and Tina's biological baby

• Advertisement

Nah, its grand. If its true, it should be a good storyline.

If it's true, we'll be subjected to more of this

269422.jpg

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement