Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Crew - Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

Leave the founding lads. I would be fairly pissed off if it happened to me.

You will see in the next few weeks some people just aren't active with a few hours game play. They might leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭floydmoon1

Why dont you message the founding lads and give them a few days to reply.If they dont they obviously never check it and it will be a dead account.

Otherwise we can kick people who are not actually on boards.

Maybe get people to post there username on this thread to keep them safe.

No point having people who are not boards.ie members on a boards crew.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

floydmoon1 wrote: »
    Im all for active founding members staying in but when people havent been on for over a year then when do you draw the line.

If they are not active what is the point.
    I would say give them a PM on social club and a PM on here and maybe an email if possible, about it. If they don't respond then fair game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Why dont you message the founding lads and give them a few days to reply.If they dont they obviously never check it and it will be a dead account.

Otherwise we can kick people who are not actually on boards.

Maybe get people to post there username on this thread to keep them safe.

No point having people who are not boards.ie members on a boards crew.

The crew is used for more games than gta though, just because they don't play gta doesn't mean you should be here championing for them to be kicked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,679 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Nah, not touching founding members even they replied they have no intention of playing gta. They played max payne and that is good enough.

I know with the amount of reps, there are bound to be people who invited their friends who aren't boards users but I think the majority will be users.It will turn into a witch hunt looking to kick people and I already receive too many messages about the crew, I can do without people getting pissed off and why they were kicked. Someone might be on holidays with no internet access or some other excuse. In 2 weeks, Online will be active for a month. I will then have no problem kicking people who are not active on the crew (no xp for either MP and GTA).

As it stands, there are plenty of people repping BRDS, BOC2, ACAS, etc. every night and the craic is there to be had.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

sheehy83 wrote: »

As it stands, there are plenty of people repping BRDS, BOC2, ACAS, etc. every night and the craic is there to be had.

while at the same time making it alot harder for those looking to join.

it took me good 30 mins to find you lot last night and when i did rock in all hell broke loose because i couldn't say was friendly.

i think at this stage if someone hasn't got played GTA and MP3 they should be gone to make space.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Would it be worth splitting the crew to PS3 and Xbox? I never seem to find more than one or two crew members on Live.

There should be a boards-xbox and a boards-ps3 set up, Everyone that's in the old one can remain in the old one and whoever wants to play properly organised gta in crews should join the new ones as the banter and craic would be much better if both crew's were for a sole platform.

miju wrote: »

it took me good 30 mins to find you lot last night and when i did rock in all hell broke loose because i couldn't say was friendly.

i think at this stage if someone hasn't got played GTA and MP3 they should be gone to make space.

Well you did roll up in a tank . You were running irl clan last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Hi folks can I join? I see there's a boards-ie group at 300 members (guessing that's the max) and boards crew 2, will I request an invite to that one?

PSN ID: MastrOfRenegade (Oh god I wish I could change it, I thought it was well cool when I first got my ps3 :( )

• Advertisement

Actually yeah, have no problem kicking people now who don't have GTA and joined after July 2013. Problem is my search isn't working properly on the social site so I would have to go through all 300 members and I barely have time to play GTA, don't mind free admin work.

Too much hassle dividing the crew at this point. I see it would have been better to do this from day one but never thought it would even get this big.

The only thing I can think of is someone make a Boards xbox only crew (don't think there is one yet) and xbox users leave this one to join the new one. All of this will be completely up to the users though, I'm not gonna start kicking people for having an xbox :) and then you have next gen, where new crews will be needed for ps4 and xbox1 (stupid f*cking name). As it stands boards-ie will cover all next gen consoles as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

lkionm wrote: »
    Well you did roll up in a tank . You were running irl clan last night.

Exactly my point i ran IRL because I couldn't run BRDS .

The tank is just my personal vehicle of choice i gave a friendly beep and then got opened up on with a minigun.

Exactly my point i ran IRL because I couldn't run BRDS .

The tank is just my personal vehicle of choice i gave a friendly beep and then got opened up on with a minigun.

I wasnt there for that, just saw you killing everbody in my party and them all raging. We had a good ol shoot out though in fairness. Ill know in future.

You can change your clan tag in settings somewhere if you are in brds.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Hi folks can I join? I see there's a boards-ie group at 300 members (guessing that's the max) and boards crew 2, will I request an invite to that one?

PSN ID: MastrOfRenegade (Oh god I wish I could change it, I thought it was well cool when I first got my ps3 :( )

What is your rockstar social name

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

sheeny i wonder would it be a good idea to put in the title thread that crew is full so that anyone looking to join a crew will try another broads one instead of keep asking to join this. most of time we get a notification to this thread its to tell us someone else wants to join.

I like anyone else dont like kicking people from the crew but Id hate to be leaving people out who want to play for people who are not.

It is so much better being in a crew than randomly on your own.

So that is why Id like to have as many active players as possible.

I think splitting the crew into the two consoles would be the best if the xbox guys are willing.

Brds 2 members from either console could also join us then and have alot more active players.

Is there anyone here from the xbox guys that would be interested in this.

I presume they would use all same logos etc. but do they have to have a different tag name.

Maybe BRDX

The tags can be the same just the name of the crew has to be unique.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

I like anyone else dont like kicking people from the crew but Id hate to be leaving people out who want to play for people who are not.

It is so much better being in a crew than randomly on your own.

So that is why Id like to have as many active players as possible.

I think splitting the crew into the two consoles would be the best if the xbox guys are willing.

Brds 2 members from either console could also join us then and have alot more active players.

Is there anyone here from the xbox guys that would be interested in this.

I presume they would use all same logos etc. but do they have to have a different tag name.

Maybe BRDX

I think this would be the best option. I think the majority on here are PS3 users. Would it be worth adding a poll to the thread to see which consoles people are using. If there was enough interest we could organise an Xbox breakaway!

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/the_irlclan

That's probably the biggest xbox only clan at the moment, everyone in it has a headset aswell and are fairly active.

It's good craic doing the races and stuff and extra numbers can only be a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

While I enjoy being a boardsie and being part of that community, I've been rocking the ACAS tag since release. Saying that, I'd be happy to give up my Boards crew spot to someone else.

Just keep in mind my kindness when riddling my corpse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭/V\etalfish

What are the downsides to being part of more than one crew?
    I don't see any at the moment really...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

What are the downsides to being part of more than one crew?
    I don't see any at the moment really...

Well, I'm not contributing XP to the Boards crew while I'm active in my other.

Better to go all out for one crew than split yourself across a few.

The boards 2 crew have both ps3 and xbox players as well so I think if we split consoles it would be better for them to join each console.

Especially for xbox id say as there is less of them so between boards and boards 2 they could make a great clan,

• Registered Users Posts: 17,911 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Exactly i really dont see the point in having crews made up of the 2 platforms.

Does someone wanna setup a new xbox crew or does an existing leader wanna make theirs xbox only?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭/V\etalfish

I think if we could co-ordinate this with the Boards crew 2, then it'd work out pretty well.
    So all xbox folk migrate over to the BOC2 crew and then leave PS folk in the original boards crew (take the existing ones in BOC2 over to boards.ie too)?

We can also rename to make it easier so it doesnt look like PS3 is taking the original name.

So maybe Boards-ie becomes Boards-ie-PS3 and Boards crew 2 becomes Boards-ie-XBOX

Me and Therapyboy just spent some time to pick up a 6 seater for the crew.

This is what we got.

Not sure if I have to pay for the emblem again but will get this modded up and cruise around tonight

0_0.jpg

I'm not able to rename the boards-ie crew name. I can put in the description though that it is for PS3 users.

This can only all start anyway when an xbox crew has been decided on (up to eddie waters if he wants that to be an xbox crew and I'm fairly sure he is on PS3) and then for xbox users to leave boards-ie and ove to the other one. I honestly can't see this going smoothly but up for giving it a go.

• Advertisement

The main thing is getting say the top ten xbox guys to move over.Once they move over and are active on the other crew then it will seem busy for them on that crew with people on.

Advertisement