Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you smoke?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gulliver

Most of my family smoke. Probably around 40 a day. Three of them have had "scares" with throat cancer - one malignant and two non-malignant. They carry on smoking and never want to quit. I don't try and convince them to stop as I remember my mother losing the head when I was younger and tried to talk to her about the health aspects. Went completely off the rails screaming "How dare you question what I do with MY money". I didn't even mention money. It got me thinking about the money side though.

She'd grumble about having to pay for the smallest of things, like a new school bag, yet there was always £10 a day for the fags.

I used to try and open the car window in the back as it was like being inside a cloud. She told me to "put up that window, I'll get a 'crick' in my neck with that draught".

So yeah. I hate it and the selfishness it brings out in people.

Jesus - just re-read this and it sounds like an excerpt from Adrian Mole! That makes me even angrier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Dick Masterson

I gave up cold turkey 2 years ago. My sleep pattern has improved dramatically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

I used to.. I was never one of those people who smoked 20 a day, though,. It'd be more like 1 or 2 a week for me :pac:

Advertisement