Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you smoke?

Options
  • 19-08-2013 7:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 30,429 ✭✭✭✭

Do you smoke?

Do you smoke? 404 votes

Yes.
    0% 0 votes
    No.
    33% 134 votes
    Social Smoker.
    55% 225 votes
    Have done in the past.
    11% 45 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

..after sex?

I don't know I haven't looked.

Bah-dum-tish!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

I used to in the process of giving them up, been vaping since May and have done a few stint of one week off them here and there but today is my 9th day without a smoke, which is great because I didn't really want to give them up in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

I do, unfortunately!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Stopped in 2006,

Don't know why I ever smoked cigarretes never got anything out of them,A good waste of a pair of lungs.

Quit 20 years ago!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Haven't touched a cigarette in three months. I'm now in to vaping.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,863 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

I can't understand how people can afford to!!!

• Site Banned Posts: 1 HQTS_serena

to the smoking problem, i do not think it is a good habit, but, sometimes maybe it is a good way for one to release their pressure.

such as my father, with high-pressure, and then, he strop smoking when he is free, and then, restart smoking when under high-pressure. i persuade him to quite, and he also tried, but, once he is under-pressue, he will smoke, i do not know why. but i understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

What's with the "social smoker" option?, that should really read "I smoke other people's fags and never buy my own on a night out" !!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Never have, never will.

My mom smokes, and I always hated and despised it, the smell is disgusting and sickening.

I hate visiting he to this day for that very reason :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Off them 6 months after smoking over twenty a day for twenty years. The quit smoking section of this site was a great help to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Do you smoke OP?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

quit 9 weeks ago.

Feel 10 times better already

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Only after sex....

....Haven't had a cigarette in 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Yep.
    I was off them for a year and a half. There wasn't a day that went by that I wouldn't be thinking about cigarettes though.
    I went away for a weekend and stupidly decided to have "one". I've been back on them ever since.
    I absolutely hate the fact that I smoke but they have some kind of hold over me. I hope to give them up for good soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Unfortunately, I do - quit before but went back after a close friend died. Stupid decision.

What I really don't get are the anti smoking "every cigarette is killing you" rhetoric, anyone who has read Allen Carr's Easyway to Quit book knows that they only make smokers feel worse about themselves. And when smokers feel bad about themselves they... smoke. It's a reaction to a negative emotion. I can't find the full ad anywhere, but in Australia they have billboards of these points in a lot of places, much better idea (you might need to put it on fullscreen, to the right hand side):

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I never smoked. i just can't see the point of it. With any other drug, there is a trade off - it's not good for your health but you trade that for the buzz. Where is the buzz with smoking?
    It's just trade your health for bad breath and not much else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Lads, Smokers are jokers and only users lose drugs. Wonderful life lessons there.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Proud vaper. What's it to you?

To all the smokers out there that don't like smoking, pop over to the vaping forum. You get your instant nicotine hit, but it won't smell bad, and won't cause you to get cancer. Best of all, it affects no-one around you.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,863 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

vicwatson wrote: »
    What's with the "social smoker" option?, that should really read "I smoke other people's fags and never buy my own on a night out" !!

Social smokers I know, buy them for a night out but would never smoke them unless they're out drinking.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

the_syco wrote: »
    Proud vaper. What's it to you?

To all the smokers out there that don't like smoking, pop over to the vaping forum. You get your instant nicotine hit, but it won't smell bad, and won't cause you to get cancer. Best of all, it affects no-one around you.
    Cue handwringers who will be happy to tell you that's nearly as bad. I mean how dare you imbibe a drug. The government will be happy to agree as they'd lose serious revenue if every smoker went over to vaping in the morning. The nicotine replacement companies aren't happy about it either. TBH I can't see vaping lasting too long without a crackdown. Wait for scare stories in the media. That's usually how this kicks off.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Smoked heavily for years, but off them now for for over 12 years. Hate the smell of them and I get annoyed when I see young people smoking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

Never have, never wanted to.

as to social smoking....

what?????

like social taking a crap in a glass at the bar?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭pauliebdub

only when I go on holidays, i never smoke at home now or when i go out. Cutting back was the best thing i ever did.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭murria

Smoked betweeen 10/15 daily for morethan 25 years. I stopped 10 months ago, I use a disposable electronic cigarette occasionally if I drink alcohol. Don't miss them at all and particularly don't miss having to stand outside in the cold to smoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭cupcake83

Smoke what exactly ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭REXER

I only smoke when I am on fire!
    (I have however never yet been on fire.)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

REXER wrote: »
    I only smoke when I am on fire!
    (I have however never yet been on fire.)

Anyone got a match :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭TheBody

I never have and never will.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

d only users lose drugs.

Thats right.

I can never remember where Ive left my drugs.

Advertisement