Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you smoke?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Mike 1972 wrote: »
    Thats right.

I can never remember where Ive left my drugs.
    They're in my gaff. :)

Correction, they were in my gaff. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Never have, never will.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,897 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

This poll proves that nearly 1 in 4 people in Ireland are idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Quazzie wrote: »
    This poll proves that nearly 1 in 4 people in Ireland are idiots.

Must be something wrong with the poll, the real number is closer to 4!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

No, absolutely disgusting thing people do - loathe the stench of it, more so when some fecker stinking of it sits beside me. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

I never smoked. i just can't see the point of it. With any other drug, there is a trade off - it's not good for your health but you trade that for the buzz. Where is the buzz with smoking?
    It's just trade your health for bad breath and not much else.

Ah but you'll look cool, like one of those Hollywood movie stars (from the 1950's)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

No, disgusting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

Gave up when I got pregnant over three years ago. Had been trying to quit on and off for years beforehand, but never managed it.

At my first antenatal appointment, the doctor asked me if I smoked. I told him I'd given up as soon as I found out I was pregnant and he made some comment about parents - that he found it amazing how we would do anything for our children but couldn't do it for ourselves.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

vitani wrote: »
    Gave up when I got pregnant over three years ago. Had been trying to quit on and off for years beforehand, but never managed it.

At my first antenatal appointment, the doctor asked me if I smoked. I told him I'd given up as soon as I found out I was pregnant and he made some comment about parents - that he found it amazing how we would do anything for our children but couldn't do it for ourselves.

Good for you, I do admire that.
    My mother never managed to give it up for any of her 3 pregnancies (truth be told, I'm not even sure she actually tried)... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭ljpg

i only smoke after making love.....so at the weekends i'm a 20 a day man...."edmund blackadder"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,429 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Smoking is cool!:cool:

Smoking is cool!:cool:

i.e. - Lung cancer, stench, stains, burns marks, etc. are cool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Wibbs wrote: »
    Cue handwringers who will be happy to tell you that's nearly as bad. I mean how dare you imbibe a drug. The government will be happy to agree as they'd lose serious revenue if every smoker went over to vaping in the morning. The nicotine replacement companies aren't happy about it either. TBH I can't see vaping lasting too long without a crackdown. Wait for scare stories in the media. That's usually how this kicks off.

Cannabis, part 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Yep I do, but I hate it.

I always eat a mint straight after smoking a cigarette because I'm paranoid about fag-ash breath. I actually hate when someone has a smoke and then talks to you..the SMELL of their breath is WORSE than the smell of the cigarette smoke.

I hate how it makes my clothes and hair smell and I hate the wheeziness in my chest.

I'm only in my twenties so I should really give up now.
    I am considering buying those vaping things but I'm not sure which is the best one to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

quit 9 weeks ago.

Feel 10 times better already

Right behind ye! Not sure exactly but it's around 6 weeks. I have a once-a-week smoke still but that is just a bit of silliness i'm indulging in.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,429 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

BeerWolf wrote: »
    i.e. - Lung cancer, stench, stains, burns marks, etc. are cool!

No, only the cool guys smoke!

5391923232_808c0c6c3d.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

I quit for New Years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Wibbs wrote: »
    Cue handwringers who will be happy to tell you that's nearly as bad. I mean how dare you imbibe a drug. The government will be happy to agree as they'd lose serious revenue if every smoker went over to vaping in the morning. The nicotine replacement companies aren't happy about it either. TBH I can't see vaping lasting too long without a crackdown. Wait for scare stories in the media. That's usually how this kicks off.

The only handwringing post so far to be fair.
    C'est la vie.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

Do you smoke?

Wish i didnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Zebra3 wrote: »
    I can't understand how people can afford to!!!
    My wife puffs 4k in smoke every year, she makes no effort to stop :mad: we can't afford it so something else will have to suffer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I have the odd social smoke but luckily that might be only 5-6 a year at most.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭macgrub

Used to smoke (quit almost four years ago)
    Best decision I've ever made, to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

I'm a non smoker :)

Quit bout 6 mths ago after 25 years its been easy enough and I'm very pleased with myself.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

I never had and never will.

I would hate my breath to smell of them. An awful habit I know but I've friends that smoke, they all say I shouldn't try it so I won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Quit in 2006 after 15 years smoking (3 yrs off them in that period too) I'll never smoke again, I detest them and cannot figure out why I ever smoked. I'd say out of 20 a day I enjoyed maybe 2 or 3 of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

CJC999 wrote: »
    I detest them and cannot figure out why I ever smoked. I'd say out of 20 a day I enjoyed maybe 2 or 3 of them.
    ?

Pace2008 wrote: »
    I detest them and cannot figure out why I ever smoked. I'd say out of 20 a day I enjoyed maybe 2 or 3 of them.
    ?

He's probably got Pica. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Nemeses

I like to be in the cool kids club,

I Smoke therefore I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

A friend of mine smokes the pink cigar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭fattymuatty

I quit 2 weeks ago today. I am vaping instead. It has been easier than I thought it would be so far.

Advertisement