Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Match Thread - Mayo v Tyrone - All Ireland Football Semi-Final

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

Keep things civil and within the rules please - if you are not sure, go and read the forum charter

Sorry :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,592 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Mayo playing second fiddle for 30mins....only a point down at ht.

Mayo will win this.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Browney7 wrote: »
    But there is no advantage rule though. The refs are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Tyrone have been clinical today. Playing the percentages. Mayo are shooting from hail Mary positions on the field and its sapping any momentum they are generating

True, tough call for the ref in that situation really

• Registered Users Posts: 12,791 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Lu Tze wrote: »
    Cavanagh should have been booked - he had no hope of getting the ball but still put in a reckless challenge.

Both players went for it to be fair...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Whats with Joe brollys hair ? Is it windy in the studio ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,430 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Keep things civil and within the rules please - if you are not sure, go and read the forum charter

I only listen to demands from Walter White, and Mrs Crinklewood.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Tyrone were very good in the first half, played with an intensity that Mayo may not have been expecting, certainly one they haven't faced all year.

Some lovely scores, McAliskey and McCurry scored some beautiful points, and Cavanagh hasn't really been in the game in a scoring sense.

Mayo's forward movement was awful, but seemed to wake up at the end...all backs who scored...Barrett's 2 were great, but to go in only a point down after not scoring from play for over half an hour and not really being in the game, they'll be delighted.

Tyrone don't have the panel they used to have, Carlin and O'Neill but losing Harte who is a key playmaker and O'Neill who is just class is a huge blow, cannot be underestimated. O'Connor is a loss too, particularly his free-taking but Mayo are better equipped to cope without him imo.

You'd expect Mayo to kick on from here. If they went in 4 down, I'd give a Tyrone a real chance but I can't see them being able to last 70 minutes with Mayo now. Don't think the goal was controversial, blew the whistle very early, one person didn't attempt to make the tackle and the keeper knew it was a free too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭ONeill2013

I can still see Mayo winning this

• Subscribers Posts: 16,575 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Tyrone had a good start, Mayo finishing has been rotten rather than Tyrone stopping them getting chances. Some days they have popped them over from anywhere, but not today so far. However they have done well to get it back to 1, which Tyrone will be very dissapointed with, having been so on top.

I'd expect Mayo to come back out with more confidence now having weathered the storm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

realies wrote: »
    Whats with Joe brollys hair ? Is it windy in the studio ?

Pat Spillane had him in a headlock :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Mayo are still in with a chance. They're only a point down despite being quite poor and they seemed to be gettimg it together a bit before half time. If they can keep that momentum going, they can win. That said, up to now it's been typical mayo I'm sad to say - the ultimate bottlers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭InchicoreDude

copacetic wrote: »
    Tyrone had a good start, Mayo finishing has been rotten rather than Tyrone stopping them getting chances. Some days they have popped them over from anywhere, but not today so far. However they have done well to get it back to 1, which Tyrone will be very dissapointed with, having been so on top.

I'd expect Mayo to come back out with more confidence now having weathered the storm.

In fairness, the Tyrone defence has been very good at forcing Mayo into shooting from poor angles.

Those last 3 points for Mayo could be crucial (I think they will be). It could be close til the end and that means a goal could win this for either team. I'd fancy Mayo to lift it a notch though from what I have seen in the first half.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

No free but it doesn't matter.

This ref is out of his depth.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

No free

Maurice Deegan usually work from his own edition of the rule book

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,592 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

This ref is out of his depth.

No, he is a good ref having a bad day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,430 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Thanks Maurice.

This is the Mayo we all know and love :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

No penalty there but another cynical foul by Tyrone.

Super pen!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Game on !!!!!

Game on !!!!!

Tyrone will do well to keep within 6 I think :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Cavanagh out of form too:)

Mayo are now taking on and beating their men at every opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

That should be it in the bag now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    No, he is a good ref having a bad day.

A bad year more like it but in recent years he has been one of the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

when did Martin King from TV3 start refereeing? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

What was said on the mayo dressing room?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Jesus Marty 'the Frog' head Morrissey doesn't half talk s***e!,Mayo score penalty and then he says ' and this is how they played on Connaught.'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

Getting sick of Tyrone surrounding the ref and questioning every single decision that goes against them .

Advertisement