Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Match Thread - Mayo v Tyrone - All Ireland Football Semi-Final

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Really looking forward to this game now, I'm even thinking of shouting for Tyrone. I think Mayo will win by 6 to 10 points.

I like Horan and his set up. Always admired Harte too.

I guess I hope the team that win deserve it. Hopefully there won't be stupid stuff in the game.
    I think Mayo are prepared to pull and drag just as much as Tyrone, but I don't think they will need to go to that level, I think they will pull away towards the end of the game, I don't see such a big spread to players scoring for Mayo now either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭snailsong

Syferus wrote: »
    Packing light for the trip up to watch both Mayo(+ West Roscommon) teams.

For any Mayo supporters stuck in bad seats, I'm in the lower Hogan, nigh-on half-way and nestled under plenty of cover. Them's the breaks, lads.

And I'll be above you in the premium level. I might watch the minor game pint in hand. Them's also the breaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

dermot1979 wrote: »
    Yeah I think the pace will be key. I think Tyrone will look for Mayo to come at them which for other teams like Donegal has been their destruction. Dublin, Mayo, Kerry are the only three teams I thought at the start of the year would get to an all ireland. I hate saying it but Mayo won't get it this year, I think we are 12 months away. I'm still going to be in the cusack shouting them on. :)

As most of the lads have stated already I think as this is year 3 of the Horan project it will be extremely hard to come back next year after all the work that has been put in.I'd be more optimistic re our chances in a final against the Dubs.They would be favourites but it would essentially be a 50 50 contest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

snailsong wrote: »
    And I'll be above you in the premium level. I might watch the minor game pint in hand. Them's also the breaks.

Any real supporter would tell you a packed lower Hogan beats the bankers' seats every time. Tough luck ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Jaysus you'd swear the match was in Maynooth with the amount of Mayo fans parking there for the train.
    I'm hoping Mayo fans won't regret the borderline cockiness from some of their fans going into this game. I really hope they make the final (for various reasons) but it reminds me of the Cork - Mayo quarter final in 2011 when many Cork fans were talking of 10+ point wins in the run up to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Jaysus you'd swear the match was in Maynooth with the amount of Mayo fans parking there for the train.
    I'm hoping Mayo fans won't regret the borderline cockiness from some of their fans going into this game. I really hope they make the final (for various reasons) but it reminds me of the Cork - Mayo quarter final in 2011 when many Cork fans were talking of 10+ point wins in the run up to it.

Tell them not to crush the Rossie, Hammer.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,069 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I remember Meath fans saying the same before we played them in 2007.

I think Mayo have been around too long now to get over confident I really do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭ONeill2013

I would rather see Tyrone win this but I have Mayo in about 3 accumulator bets so I'll have to support Mayo

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭franklyon

Can anyone in Ireland check and see if the stream is working on the rte website? It is not working for me but usually it does with Hola Unblocker :(

franklyon wrote: »
    Can anyone in Ireland check and see if the stream is working on the rte website? It is not working for me but usually it does with Hola Unblocker :(
    Not working for me so the problem's obviously at RTE's end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 avondale7

All views are as good as the so called experts on Tv, some of the established print reporters have a much better knowledge and opinion of the game, it looks like Mayo but

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭franklyon

working now, woot :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Frantic start.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Cracked ribs for sure.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Great start looking like Mayo's first start, Harte out is a huge concern hope he comes back on

No free there, more slip than anything , two handy frees for Mayo

O'connor is ****ed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

Tyrone mean business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

McCurry has been a great find for Tyrone this year.

Feel sorry for O'connor, but that problem has been lingering all summer, should have been operated on ages ago.

• Advertisement

Tyrone are really up for this.

Stoner wrote: »
    No free there, more slip than anything , two handy frees for Mayo
    To be fair, Joe McMahon dragged out of him and the other Tyrone player just pushed him in the back.

O'Connor gone is a massive blow.

True there was a hand in but no Mayo score from play yet, didn't see much of free that time either.
    Great game for a neutral

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Ai, ref is having a mare.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,011 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

This is horrible to watch. Stoppage every 20 seconds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭WhatNowForUs?

dermot1979 wrote: »
    Listening to newstalk there. Go 34 mins in and listen to one of their key players (stephen o neill) http://www.newstalk.ie/player/listen_back/10/3550/23rd_August_2013_-_Off_The_Ball_Part_1

Stephen says first "the games between them have always with one or two points " and in the next line he goes "the way mayo are playing at the moment it could be a scary scoreline that maybe you wouldn't want to be part of" . Now that's not a confident sounding man, but his honesty is very refreshing, so credit to him

It sounds more like a man using Kerry off field tactics. No way a man like Stephen O'Neill is not going into that match confident.

Ref is losing the rag

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Ya can kinda see its Mayos first hard half of football in Champ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

I be happy enough if I was a Tyrone supporter so far...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Cavanagh should have been booked - he had no hope of getting the ball but still put in a reckless challenge.

Advertisement