Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 2 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

JokerD wrote: »
    So I can make a transfer now for next week and get the player at his current price?

Yeah that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,420 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Either Kos out or Wildcard

You'd wildcard because a player has a 1 game ban?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

CSF wrote: »
    Except you would be in WELL before any price increase.

Or a price decrease. What if someone had already transferred out a Chelsea defender for Kos at 12.00 this morning. And you don't need to get in WELL before a price increase, you only need to get in before a price increase, at least wait until the person you're transferring in has played.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,505 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Looking like Terry > Coleman.

Wont pull the trigger before tomorrow, not likely to be any price changes tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Midfield let me down today...only 5 points for my three players(Carrick, Walcott & Morrison(wba)) who played...still have Hazard as captain tho

• Advertisement

KevIRL wrote: »
    Looking like Terry > Coleman.

Wont pull the trigger before tomorrow, not likely to be any price changes tonight

You statement means that terry is better than coleman...is that what you meant?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

He meant he is thinking of transferring Terry to Coleman.

No it doesnt, it means Terry out for Coleman, long established fantasy football transfer terminology

KevIRL wrote: »
    No it doesnt, it means Terry out for Coleman, long established fantasy football transfer terminology

Sorry I'm new round this neighborhood of boards

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

Koscielny 24% of the way to a fall and rising fast...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Quick thoughts please.

Kone out. Bentake in

and

Mertesacker out. Whittaker in.

Before the morning price increases/decreases, taking a 4 point hit as well.

Cant afford Bentake just doing one transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Quick thoughts please.

Kone out. Bentake in

and

Mertesacker/Willams out. Whittaker in.

You know benteke has no game Gw3 ?
    And Whittaker is by no means a certain starter !
    I certainly would not take a 4 point hit on it anyway .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭davemckenna25

Outside totalfootballdevelopment where can I find out about price changes? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,414 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Jaysus.....
    I hope no one is actually going to make a transfer before the games tomorrow.......
    There are injuries, red cards, form etc etc that will become apparent after tomorrows games.
    Those making transfers this evening are taking some serious chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

km79 wrote: »
    You know benteke has no game Gw3 ?
    And Whittaker is by no means a certain starter !
    I certainly would not take a 4 point hit on it anyway .

Yeah, neither do my 3 chelsea players. May have to put more thought into this.

Outside totalfootballdevelopment where can I find out about price changes? Thanks.

Fiso's crack the code

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

Honestly I would not do anything tonight so. As Berbatov said "keep calm " ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Sorry I'm new round this neighborhood of boards

Over 2.4M teams already; I think it was under 2M at this stage last year. Seem to be a lot of newbies about here this season too. Welcome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭carraig2

Quick thoughts please.

Kone out. Bentake in

and

Mertesacker out. Whittaker in.

Cant afford Bentake just doing one transfer.

It's easy to panic about team after one day. I did that last year and f***ed up badly taking 4 points hits 3 weeks in a row. One week is just that. next week could be different.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,079 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

probably gonna swap out Ashley Cole for Luke Shaw, start to get my RVP money together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Ha

Calm down with the transfers. By all means think about how you can work RvP or someone in, but don't go making any rash decisions. You'll regret it in a few weeks. Feck it, you may regret it by tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Over 2.4M teams already; I think it was under 2M at this stage last year. Seem to be a lot of newbies about here this season too. Welcome!

I can see it going past 3 million this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

I'm happy I dropped Walcott before the first game. Can't see Arsenal maintaining any clean sheets in the next couple of weeks. Fulham next week and Tottenham the week after. However I brought in Coutinho as his replacement and I'm not sure how wise a decision that was. They have Aston Villa, United, and Swansea over the next three weeks so can't see any clean sheets for them. Praying for some assists / goals to put me at ease.

Really wishing I brought in Nolan instead.. Reliable, good for goals and assists, and has some easy enough fixtures right up to game week 7..

So my plan for next week - Get rid of Terry. Chelsea play United in GW2 so the odds of keeping a CS are low with RVP banging them in.. Best options seems like Nastasic or Zabaleta. High odds of maintaing CS for the next few weeks. The 0.5 extra for Zab could be worth it as he got 2 goals and 2 assists last season.

Could take a gamble on Shaw or Clyne for Southamption.. Both valued @ 4.5 so I'd be saving 1.5 leaving me with 2.0 in the bank.. They have Sunerland, Norwich and West Ham for the following 3 weeks so some possibility of clean sheets..

There's a fairly big list of possibilities.. Suggestions welcome ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Lukaku to Lambert will be my transfer for next week.

Followed by Cech to Hart the following week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

For me,

it's Baker to Whitaker for GW2

And

Cech to Hart/Mignolet GW3

Will assess then & consider the wildcard

• Registered Users Posts: 6,951 ✭✭✭G1032

Danger781 wrote: »
    I'm happy I dropped Walcott before the first game. Can't see Arsenal maintaining any clean sheets in the next couple of weeks. Fulham next week and Tottenham the week after. However I brought in Coutinho as his reuplacement and I'm not sure how wise a decision that was. They have Aston Villa, United, and Swansea over the next three weeks so can't see any clean sheets for them. Praying for some assists / goals to put me at ease.

Just so you know...... midfielders only get 1 point for a clean sheet. You shouldn't be buying or selling midfielders on the basis that they will or won't geta clean sheet point.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,130 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

You'd wildcard because a player has a 1 game ban?

No, I have 4 dgw players as well so that's 5 players needing shifting in 2 weeks, its my first year playing properly, so I'm not sure about price increase decrease if somebody knows anything would it be possible to get a quick brief

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

I'd be very wary of bringing in Whittaker , Bassong isn't injured as far as I know just short of match fitness .When he's back I'd expect Martin to shift over to Rb allowing Bassong to partner Turner.

Wouldn't make any rash transfers until we hear more from Hughton .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Oranage2 wrote: »
    No, I have 4 dgw players as well so that's 5 players needing shifting in 2 weeks, its my first year playing properly, so I'm not sure about price increase decrease if somebody knows anything would it be possible to get a quick brief

there's a thread about it near the top of this forum, with just a very brief explanation on how it works and links to the sites to use.
    there is more to it, like when players get flagged but just get the basics for now and ask any questions you need then. (i'd need a quick refresher on how the flagging works myself, i understood it last year when it was explained but forget now)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

G1032 wrote: »
    Just so you know...... midfielders only get 1 point for a clean sheet. You shouldn't be buying or selling midfielders on the basis that they will or won't geta clean sheet point.

I know, but it's something to take into consideration. I realise my post does sound like I'm making a big deal of it..

Advertisement