Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 2 Transfers.

Options
1181920212224»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Mugsy_P wrote: »
    Sub Hazard out for Walters for the next two GWs... Yay or nay?

Nah not in a million years. Even if you were trying to generate a few million for RVP or somebody, I can think of preferable guys in Walters price range (Cue Walters banging in a hat trick tomorrow)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭tom_k

Just replaced Anelka with Dzeko. I figured why wait for one to drop and one to rise and then spend tomorrow kicking myself.

Got a front three of Soldado, Benteke and Dzeko now. I'll worry about getting RVP later. For now it's all about GW 2:D

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Mr.SlumDuck

What you reckon is the best way to set this team up?

And where would you be looking for future transfers. .9m in the bank

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Solid team. Shaw over Turner might be a better shout for tomorrow and maybe looking to bring in Benteke at the expense of Giroud if he isn't performing. No obvious flaws in there anyway.

Looks pretty good but if it was mine I'd put Shaw in for Turner and my personal choice for captain would be Soldado.

See how Giroud gets on this week and then consider another forward if he's not performing, perhaps Benteke after GW 3.

But as I said it looks pretty good as it is...

• Advertisement

Solid team. Shaw over Turner might be a better shout for tomorrow and maybe looking to bring in Benteke at the expense of Giroud if he isn't performing. No obvious flaws in there anyway.

Delayed posting my reply but it seems we think alike :D

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭jma

I decided to only do 1 transfer this week. I sent Hazard home and got Yaya Touré.

I needed to get rid of either a Chelsea or a Villa player because neither are playing in GW3. I wanted to put on an extra City player because they have 3 fairly good games coming up. If I'm lucky, Touré will bag me some extra points in those.

Guzan (AVL)
    Mertesacker (ARS), Zabaleta (MCI), Garrido (NOR)
    Osman, Cabral (SUN), Toure (MCI), Lampard (CHE)
    Benteke, Van Persie, Lambert (SOU)

Subs: Mignolet, Terry, Baker, Colback (SUN)

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭builttospill

Are there any other websites that have possible squad selections apart from Fantasy Football Scout and the Guardian?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

I got 80 points on GW1.
    Happy with that but I had 3 Chelsea players, 3 villa and Anelka.

I had already made a transfer before Le Sulk announced his "retirement".

This put me in a bit of a quandry, so much so, I bit the bullet & played my wild card, albeit ridiculously early.

I think I getting initial transfer back and I managed to work it so that I have 4.4M in the bank and ill hopefully have two transfer next GW.

I'm aware I've jumped on some early bandwagons but I'm happy enough with my team given this GW and the next two coming up.

Thoughts please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭jma

I got 80 points on GW1.
    Happy with that but I had 3 Chelsea players, 3 villa and Anelka.

I had already made a transfer before Le Sulk announced his "retirement".

This put me in a bit of a quandry, so much so, I bit the bullet & played my wild card, albeit ridiculously early.

I think I getting initial transfer back and I managed to work it so that I have 4.4M in the bank and ill hopefully have two transfer next GW.

I'm aware I've jumped on some early bandwagons but I'm happy enough with my team given this GW and the next two coming up.

Thoughts please

Would you not use Shaw instead of Whittaker?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Scored 100 GW1 with 3 Chelsea and 3 villa players. It was always my plan to use wildcard so here it is!!!!
    Any opinions? I can still make changes up to 11:30

na6m.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Unbelievable that people are using wildcards this early. And taking hits. It's a long season and there most likely will be double game weeks later on. Not to mention international breaks. Everyone is only finding their feet with their squad selections. Including the actual premier league managers. Being too reactionary can cost you in this game. Those that sit and wait can whip out wildcards when it matters most.

Think I'll hold off on any transfers this week. Keep 2 for the next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Do Fantasy Football Scout use 100mill to pick there scout picks each week? Or do they just pick the best players that they think will do well?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Do Fantasy Football Scout use 100mill to pick there scout picks each week? Or do they just pick the best players that they think will do well?

Just the players they think will do well. I read that this weeks selection cost 104.6m, so would be impossible to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Unbelievable that people are using wildcards this early. And taking hits. It's a long season and there most likely will be double game weeks later on. Not to mention international breaks. Everyone is only finding their feet with their squad selections. Including the actual premier league managers. Being too reactionary can cost you in this game. Those that sit and wait can whip out wildcards when it matters most.

Think I'll hold off on any transfers this week. Keep 2 for the next one.

If you're sitting on a team of players who are in doubt/ won't play, why hold back?

I have seen teams that have 3 Chelsea players with a blank GW3 pending, and then players like Morisson, Koscielny and Anelka.

Last year's winner wildcarded in week 1.

I saved my wildcard past GW3 last year and it was to the detriment of my team as I wasted it at a later date.

A friend of mine never really needed their's and wasted it in GW36, gaining little from it.

When to use the wildcard, very much depends on the balance of your team.

You're obviously happy with your team that you don't need to use it but others aren't so fortunate. I may be quick off the mark but having had to sit through United vs Swansea I decided not going with RVP was the wrong move and played it to get him in.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭james123

Are there any other websites that have possible squad selections apart from Fantasy Football Scout and the Guardian?

Where is the one on the Guardian ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Captain Dzeko,Soldado or RVP?

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭jrd

site not responding! anyone having this problem

• Registered Users Posts: 18,408 ✭✭✭✭kippy

And we're done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,408 ✭✭✭✭kippy

jolly wrote: »
    site not responding! anyone having this problem
    Can happen very close to the cut off time alright........

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

They managed it last year. If any team is going to keep a clean sheet at OT its chelsea. I totally understand the rush to get rid of Lukaku but the likes of hazard, ivanovic, terry etc are not bad options this week. Its a tough game but I have no problem playing Cech and hazard this week and expect atleast 8 pts between the two of them. Chelsea and mourinho have traditionally done well at old trafford and personally I think its a 50/50 game.

I did think it was a bit OTT the number of people that were rushing to get chelsea players out particularly for points hits. Also glad I didnt change my plans and wildcard or take points hit to get rvp in GW4 was always the plan. Just another nervous 90 mins to go now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Just another nervous 90 mins to go now.

Hit the nail on the head there, fellow!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I did think it was a bit OTT the number of people that were rushing to get chelsea players out particularly for points hits. Also glad I didnt change my plans and wildcard or take points hit to get rvp in GW4 was always the plan. Just another nervous 90 mins to go now.

It almost worse having him knowing you're sunk if the dogs stop him from delivering

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

It almost worse having him knowing you're sunk if the dogs stop him from delivering

ha ha when 40 % + are going to benefit its nervewracking particularly when its the last game of the gameweek. You should have known postmen dont deliver on a bank holiday.

Advertisement