Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 2013- Mod Warning Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Clubs shouldn't be relying on minor players for their senior teams.

There could be an argument for not allowing them to play at adult level until they've come through minor.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Alf Tupper

hardybuck wrote: »
    Clubs shouldn't be relying on minor players for their senior teams.

That's ok for clubs with huge membership like DLS, Ballygunner etc.

Many rural teams from Senior down are surviving on threadbare panels and they need to include some minors.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 hurlinbanter

Bottom line is though in small towns they are struggling and have to depend on the younger ones. under the circumstances last weekend common sense should have prevailed..what was traceys view on it he surely knew what the out come would be if hogan played

Alf Tupper wrote: »
    That's ok for clubs with huge membership like DLS, Ballygunner etc.

Many rural teams from Senior down are surviving on threadbare panels and they need to include some minors.

Those clubs will use minors on occasion too, not that they need to.

If clubs are really struggling that badly, there might need to be a re-think of the existing club structures. Few other sports would ask so much of teenagers.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭TheScoringGoal

Having been to the two games in Walsh park I don't think we saw any county champions. Lismore got the job done against Roanmore but nothing more. Roanmore started the better but couldn't get scores on the board. They played with the two nolans on their own inside and all other forwards withdrawn. They look a well coached team and play to a definite plan. Dan Murphy and Gavin O Brien play around midfield and act as the distributors. However Lismore then took a grip on the game almost exclusively because of the two Shanahans who were both excellent. Frank McGrath and Colm Burke are good players but they weren't able to stop them. However the supply into the Shanahans dried up and Eamonn Power was on top of Ray Barry in midfield so Roanmore came back into it but their wides total mounted. However again the two Shanahans stood up at the end and hit the last two crucial scores. You could argue that with Paidi Prendergast and Ray Barry quiet that there's more to come from them but they just don't seem to function as a unit. Roanmore won't win the championship either but they have enough qualities to stay up.

Abbeyside deservedly beat Passage. They look to have improved their hurling from previous years but still couldn't put Passage away when they should have. Surprisingly they play a possession game when they have powerful athletes throughout the team. However at least they had a game plan. Passage started Noel Connors corner back where he was wasted and it was too late when they moved him centrally. They seemed to be under instruction to hand pass which more often than not led them nowhere against strong fit opposition. Killian Fitzgerald hit some good scores from the middle but Eoin Kelly got little decent ball and wasn't moved out untill the last few minutes. Hard to know how good Abbeyside could be and if football commitments will cause issues for their hurling ambitions. They should make the knock outs but after that it's very tight

• Advertisement

Having been to the two games in Walsh park I don't think we saw any county champions. Lismore got the job done against Roanmore but nothing more. Roanmore started the better but couldn't get scores on the board. They played with the two nolans on their own inside and all other forwards withdrawn. They look a well coached team and play to a definite plan. Dan Murphy and Gavin O Brien play around midfield and act as the distributors. However Lismore then took a grip on the game almost exclusively because of the two Shanahans who were both excellent. Frank McGrath and Colm Burke are good players but they weren't able to stop them. However the supply into the Shanahans dried up and Eamonn Power was on top of Ray Barry in midfield so Roanmore came back into it but their wides total mounted. However again the two Shanahans stood up at the end and hit the last two crucial scores. You could argue that with Paidi Prendergast and Ray Barry quiet that there's more to come from them but they just don't seem to function as a unit. Roanmore won't win the championship either but they have enough qualities to stay up.

Abbeyside deservedly beat Passage. They look to have improved their hurling from previous years but still couldn't put Passage away when they should have. Surprisingly they play a possession game when they have powerful athletes throughout the team. However at least they had a game plan. Passage started Noel Connors corner back where he was wasted and it was too late when they moved him centrally. They seemed to be under instruction to hand pass which more often than not led them nowhere against strong fit opposition. Killian Fitzgerald hit some good scores from the middle but Eoin Kelly got little decent ball and wasn't moved out untill the last few minutes. Hard to know how good Abbeyside could be and if football commitments will cause issues for their hurling ambitions. They should make the knock outs but after that it's very tight

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭thegambler2

Passage look to be going nowhere this year! Really makes you wonder what possessed them last year!

Can't see beyond Ballygunner for the Senior championship, think they'll account for DLS in normal time this year whenever they meet.

What's behind the thinking here? DLS would have been favourites last year but played terribly on the day, and even then nearly did a smash and grab.

Without having a good look at each this year, they're in my mind quite similar, with either team having the potential to win on a given day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

What's behind the thinking here? DLS would have been favourites last year but played terribly on the day, and even then nearly did a smash and grab.

Without having a good look at each this year, they're in my mind quite similar, with either team having the potential to win on a given day.

I just think they're better and impressed with them v Dungarvan.

From when they won it in 2012 they've lost Madigan, Daniels will play a minimal role if any this year and Mullane is 2 years older. Dillon has lost a lot of ground thanks to injuries earlier in the season. Even Moran didnt look himself this year.

Philip Mahony is a big loss to BG but with the success they've had at underage I would be expecting them to push on this year.

Wouldn't say there is a load between them, in fact I didn't say that but I think Ballygunner will be the better of the two when all is said and done.

I think ballygunner have looked the better of the 2 so far. But really it's just about qualifying for the last 8. Things change a lot by then and form from early in the year can go out the window. My guess is ballygunner,DLS, Mt Sion, Dungarvan, Lismore, Abbeyside, Fourmilewater (if injuries clear up) and maybe Tallow

• Advertisement

I think ballygunner have looked the better of the 2 so far. But really it's just about qualifying for the last 8. Things change a lot by then and form from early in the year can go out the window. My guess is ballygunner,DLS, Mt Sion, Dungarvan, Lismore, Abbeyside, Fourmilewater (if injuries clear up) and maybe Tallow

From when they won it in 2012 they've lost Madigan, Daniels will play a minimal role if any this year and Mullane is 2 years older. Dillon has lost a lot of ground thanks to injuries earlier in the season. Even Moran didnt look himself this year.

Philip Mahony is a big loss to BG but with the success they've had at underage I would be expecting them to push on this year.

Wouldn't say there is a load between them, in fact I didn't say that but I think Ballygunner will be the better of the two when all is said and done.

Which is fair enough when you look at a number of players which you've mentioned who aren't at their 2012 levels. If I looked at 2013, in which DLS lost playing terribly, the DLS 2014 squad is probably broadly similar, where Ballygunner are missing Mahony as you mention.

I think it's often a case of who peaks at the right time, maybe a few refereeing decisions and injuries which seperates those two sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 olpaddymac

I think the exact opposite will be the case. I am told Daniels will be available for the knockouts this year as will Madigan & Barrett. Mullane is still excellent at club level and add to that promising minors like Meaney & Ryan and I think they will not be beat. Theres no way however that the winner doesn't come from either De La Salle , Ballygunner or Mount Sion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭deisedude

olpaddymac wrote: »
    Theres no way however that the winner doesn't come from either De La Salle , Ballygunner or Mount Sion.

We all thought that last year!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭cul beag

I think the exact opposite will be the case. I am told Daniels will be available for the knockouts this year as will Madigan & Barrett. Mullane is still excellent at club level and add to that promising minors like Meaney & Ryan and I think they will not be beat. Theres no way however that the winner doesn't come from either De La Salle , Ballygunner or Mount Sion.

Are you giving Dungarvan any chance? From last weekend's games in Walsh Park it was a case of smash and grab for Lismore while Abbeyside looked very good in there victory. You would have to fancy them to beat lismore next weekend going on both performances. Fourmilewater and passage is too close to call. Draw maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

cul beag wrote: »
    Are you giving Dungarvan any chance? From last weekend's games in Walsh Park it was a case of smash and grab for Lismore while Abbeyside looked very good in there victory. You would have to fancy them to beat lismore next weekend going on both performances. Fourmilewater and passage is too close to call. Draw maybe?
    Fourmile for me! I saw them against Abbeyside and they played unreal hurling, I couldn't believe how they managed so play bad against Roanmore the following week. I doubt they really fancied themselves against DLS but this game is definitely there for the taking. If Jamie barron is on form, fancy a victory for the west

Big difference between available though and being at your best. They won't be anywhere near it.

Which is fair enough when you look at a number of players which you've mentioned who aren't at their 2012 levels. If I looked at 2013, in which DLS lost playing terribly, the DLS 2014 squad is probably broadly similar, where Ballygunner are missing Mahony as you mention.

I think it's often a case of who peaks at the right time, maybe a few refereeing decisions and injuries which seperates those two sides.

DLS lost playing terribly in your opinion, and you believe that they are better than 2013, but don't for example believe that maybe Ballygunner didn't play to their potential?

Wasn't at the game myself, but do remember a lot of people talking about how crazy it was that Mullane was playing deep, even though they'd been doing the same thing all year and worked very well for them in the only game I saw them play.

Worth pointing out to that Waterford employed the same tactic in 2012, and he turned the game against Cork in the quarter final.

I think it's natural to assume he's lost a bit of pace, though still plenty able for corner forward at club level. Still think you might get more from him out around the middle where he has space and can run at, as opposed to from, defenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭culbaire

Full match report here: http://www.waterford-news.ie/2014/08/12/shanahans-strike-late-give-lismore-first-win/

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Deise Doodler

Bottom line is though in small towns they are struggling and have to depend on the younger ones. under the circumstances last weekend common sense should have prevailed..what was traceys view on it he surely knew what the out come would be if hogan played

For every minor who makes the team on a senior panel you can be dam sure there a couple of lads who are to old to play minor sitting on the bench, the sooner the better that minor players are restricted to minor grade the better for all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭The blue blaa

Can anyone tell me is their an U17 development squad and who is lookin after it??
    or whats the story with development squads are they only for U14 U15 U16 teams

• Registered Users Posts: 29 hurlinbanter

in small towns they dont have the players to spare and that has to be taken into account otherwise the competition would be restricted to a few team who have the pick of the crop.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭conditioned games

Can anyone tell me is their an U17 development squad and who is lookin after it??
    or whats the story with development squads are they only for U14 U15 U16 teams

There are tournaments that go on around munster every year on the last weekend of August and the same day as the tony forristal for U15, U16 and U17. The nenagh tournment is for U16 while U15 was held in Cork and U17 was held in Clare last year. I am not aware of any training thet goes on to prepare the U17 for their tournament. The same management team that looked after them at U14 bring lads from the county that are up to the age at U17 and haven't played minor for the county to the one day tournament.

DLS lost playing terribly in your opinion, and you believe that they are better than 2013, but don't for example believe that maybe Ballygunner didn't play to their potential?

Wasn't at the game myself, but do remember a lot of people talking about how crazy it was that Mullane was playing deep, even though they'd been doing the same thing all year and worked very well for them in the only game I saw them play.

Worth pointing out to that Waterford employed the same tactic in 2012, and he turned the game against Cork in the quarter final.

I think it's natural to assume he's lost a bit of pace, though still plenty able for corner forward at club level. Still think you might get more from him out around the middle where he has space and can run at, as opposed to from, defenders.

That performance in 2013 was one of the worst in a game that mattered in at least 5 or 6 years. Their touch was awful, they were playing a lot of short passing which didn't work out. At the time, we assumed McGrath was trying to implement a Clare game-plan which wasn't suited to club players...I don't want to re-open that debate again! There was odd positional moves as well, I remember Bull Phelan playing at full forward for example.

On the day, Ballygunner really just tipped away, and Pauric Mahony killed them with frees - he must have scored at least 10 if not more from frees. Barry Coughlan also scored one of the best goals you're likely to see in club hurling for some time.

I would say that the teams are evenly matched, and that it's hard to predict an outcome if and when they go head to head.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭The blue blaa

There are tournaments that go on around munster every year on the last weekend of August and the same day as the tony forristal for U15, U16 and U17. The nenagh tournment is for U16 while U15 was held in Cork and U17 was held in Clare last year. I am not aware of any training thet goes on to prepare the U17 for their tournament. The same management team that looked after them at U14 bring lads from the county that are up to the age at U17 and haven't played minor for the county to the one day tournament.

Thanks for that. I knew bout the 14-16 ages but I wasn't so sure bout the U17. Do the squads for all these teams be printed in local papers? It's good to see who's who for the future

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭conditioned games

Thanks for that. I knew bout the 14-16 ages but I wasn't so sure bout the U17. Do the squads for all these teams be printed in local papers? It's good to see who's who for the future

There not printed in the newspapers but Thomas Keane might do a blog about the weekend and put up the teams, if not then maybe try

http://www.theview.ie/bord-na-nog-news-13/

• Registered Users Posts: 27 SkipFC

Anyone know where I can find the Eastern intermediate fixtures online? The Waterford GAA site doesn't work for me when I click on it.

Also, last night was the first time in a long time that Cappoquin lost a group stage match, whether that will make a difference come Saturday or in the knockout stages is hard to tell but Andy Molumby did go off injured last night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭piuswal

Below is all that is on the site

http://www.waterfordgaa.ie/upcomingFixtures/14-08-2014/11-09-2014

Senior Hurling Championship Group 1
    15/08/2014
    19:30 De La Salle vs Roanmore Walsh Park More
    19:30 Fourmilewater vs Passage Fraher Field More
    16/08/2014
    20:00 Lismore vs Abbeyside Fraher Field More
    23/08/2014
    19:30 Abbeyside vs Roanmore Kill More
    19:30 Fourmilewater vs Lismore Fraher Field More
    19:30 Passage vs De La Salle Walsh Park More
    Senior Hurling Championship Group 2
    16/08/2014
    18:00 Ballyduff Upper vs Dungarvan Fraher Field More
    19:30 Ardmore vs Mt. Sion Kill More
    17/08/2014
    19:00 Tallow vs Ballygunner/Baile Gunnair Fraher Field More
    23/08/2014
    18:00 Ballygunner/Baile Gunnair vs Ballyduff Upper Fraher Field More
    18:00 Mt. Sion vs Dungarvan Walsh Park More
    18:00 Tallow vs Ardmore Clashmore More
    Radley Engineering West Intermediate Football Championship
    24/08/2014
    13:00 Sliabh gCua vs Geraldines Fraher Field More
    Comeragh Oil Western Intermediate Hurling Championship Group 1
    15/08/2014
    19:15 Stradbally vs Ballysaggart Cappoquin More
    17/08/2014
    19:00 Shamrocks vs Ballinameela Lismore More
    22/08/2014
    19:30 Ballinameela vs Clashmore/Kinsalebeg Fraher Field More
    24/08/2014
    19:00 Stradbally vs Shamrocks Fraher Field More
    Comeragh Oil Western Intermediate Hurling Championship Group 2
    16/08/2014
    19:15 Brickey Rangers vs Cappoquin Colligan More
    19/08/2014
    19:15 An Rinn vs Tourin Bushy Park More
    Tony Kirwan Plant Hire East Intermediate Football Championship Group 1
    16/08/2014
    14:00 Bunmahon vs Kilmacthomas Kill More
    Gerry Kennedy Crash Repairs Premier Junior Hurling Championship
    15/08/2014
    19:00 Ballyduff Lower vs Fenor Dunhill More
    The Local Bar Western Junior Hurling Championship
    15/08/2014
    19:15 St Mary's vs Modeligo Colligan More
    16/08/2014
    19:15 Geraldines vs Colligan Cappoquin More
    24/08/2014
    13:00 St Mary's vs Geraldines Fraher Field More
    14:30 Colligan vs Modeligo Fraher Field More
    The Local Bar Western Junior Hurling Intermediate Attached Championship Group 1
    15/08/2014
    19:15 Shamrocks vs Cappoquin Ballyduff Upper More
    16/08/2014
    19:00 Clashmore/Kinsalebeg vs Cnoc Mheilearaí/Fanaithe an Ghleanna Bushy Park More
    22/08/2014
    19:30 An Rinn vs Cappoquin Bushy Park More
    19:30 Cnoc Mheilearaí/Fanaithe an Ghleanna vs Shamrocks Lismore More
    The Local Bar Western Junior Hurling Intermediate Attached Championship Group 2
    15/08/2014
    19:15 Kilgobnet vs Brickey Rangers Abbeyside Ballinacourty More
    17/08/2014
    12:00 Abbeyside vs Ballinameela Fraher Field More
    13:30 Colligan vs Ballysaggart Fraher Field More
    22/08/2014
    19:30 Abbeyside vs Kilgobnet Colligan More
    23/08/2014
    19:30 Ballinameela vs Colligan Abbeyside Ballinacourty More
    24/08/2014
    12:00 Brickey Rangers vs Ballysaggart Cappoquin More
    The Local Bar Western Junior Hurling Senior Attached Championship
    17/08/2014
    12:00 Ballyduff Upper vs Fourmilewater Cappoquin More
    12:00 Dungarvan vs Ardmore Bushy Park More
    12:00 Lismore vs Tallow Ballyduff Upper More
    J J Kavanagh & Sons Minor Hurling Championship - Division 1
    18/08/2014
    19:15 Roanmore vs Mt. Sion Roanmore - Gracedieu More
    20/08/2014
    19:15 Ballygunner/Baile Gunnair vs Passage Ballygunner More
    19:15 Dungarvan vs De La Salle Dungarvan More
    19:15 St. Carthages vs Cois Bhride Lismore More
    01/09/2014
    00:00 Cois Bhride vs Ballygunner/Baile Gunnair Tallow More
    00:00 Dungarvan vs Roanmore Dungarvan More
    U16 H Div 1
    14/08/2014
    18:00 Abbeyside vs St. Carthages Abbeyside Ballinacourty More
    19:30 De La Salle vs Ballygunner/Baile Gunnair Gracedieu More
    19:30 Kilmacthomas vs Cappoquin Ballyduff Lower More
    19:30 Mt. Sion vs Brickey Rangers Cnoc Sion More
    25/08/2014
    19:30 Brickey Rangers vs Abbeyside Brickey Rangers More
    19:30 Cappoquin vs Mt. Sion Cappoquin More
    19:30 De La Salle vs Kilmacthomas Gracedieu More
    19:30 St. Carthages vs Dungarvan Lismore More
    09/09/2014
    19:00 Abbeyside vs Cappoquin Abbeyside Ballinacourty More
    19:00 Dungarvan vs Brickey Rangers Dungarvan More
    19:00 Kilmacthomas vs Ballygunner/Baile Gunnair Kilmacthomas More
    19:00 Mt. Sion vs De La Salle Cnoc Sion More
    U16 H Div 2
    14/08/2014
    19:30 Clonea vs St Oliver's Clonea More
    19:30 Fourmilewater vs St Saviour's Ballymacarbry More
    19:30 Passage vs Na Gaeil Passage More
    17/08/2014
    11:30 St Oliver's vs Cois Bhride Ballinameela More
    25/08/2014
    19:30 Cois Bhride vs Clonea Tallow More
    19:30 Portlaw vs Fourmilewater Portlaw More
    19:30 St Oliver's vs Naomh Brid St Oliver's More
    19:30 St Saviour's vs Passage St. Saviours More
    09/09/2014
    19:00 Fourmilewater vs St Oliver's Ballymacarbry More
    19:00 Na Gaeil vs St Saviour's Dunhill More
    19:00 Naomh Brid vs Cois Bhride Modeligo More
    19:00 Passage vs Portlaw Passage More
    U16 H Div 3
    14/08/2014
    19:00 Ballyduff Upper vs An Ghaeltacht Ballyduff Upper More
    19:30 Micheal MacCraith Tramore vs St Mary's Juvenile Tramore More
    19:30 Scared Heart vs Kilrossanty/Cill Rosanta Poleberry More
    19:30 St Molleran's vs Ardmore St. Mollerans More
    25/08/2014
    19:30 An Ghaeltacht vs St Molleran's An Rinn More
    19:30 Ardmore vs Micheal MacCraith Tramore Ardmore More
    19:30 Clashmore/Kinsalebeg vs Butlerstown GAA Club Clashmore More
    19:30 Winner of Quarter Finals vs Scared Heart St Mary's Juvenile More
    01/09/2014
    19:00 Ballyduff Upper vs Clashmore/Kinsalebeg Ballyduff Upper More
    19:00 Kilrossanty/Cill Rosanta vs Winner of Quarter Finals Leamybrien More
    19:00 Micheal MacCraith Tramore vs An Ghaeltacht Tramore More
    19:00 Scared Heart vs Ardmore Poleberry More
    09/09/2014
    19:00 An Ghaeltacht vs Scared Heart An Rinn More
    19:00 Ardmore vs Kilrossanty/Cill Rosanta Ardmore More
    19:00 Butlerstown GAA Club vs Ballyduff Upper Butlerstown More
    19:00 Clashmore/Kinsalebeg vs St Molleran's Clashmore More
    East U15 Hurling Div 2
    11/09/2014
    18:30 Micheal MacCraith Tramore vs Butlerstown GAA Club Tramore More
    18:30 Passage vs BYE Passage More
    18:30 Roanmore vs Scared Heart Roanmore - Cleaboy More
    East U15 Hurling Div 3
    11/09/2014
    18:30 Ballyduff Lower vs Na Gaeil Ballyduff Lower More
    18:30 Portlaw vs Winner of Quarter Finals Portlaw More
    18:30 St Molleran's vs St Saviour's St. Mollerans More
    U14 Hurling Championship Div 1
    18/08/2014
    19:30 Ballygunner/Baile Gunnair vs Abbeyside Ballygunner More
    19:30 De La Salle B vs Roanmore Gracedieu More
    19:30 St. Carthages vs Cois Bhride Lismore More
    19:30 St Oliver's vs Mt. Sion St Oliver's More
    U14 Hurling Championship Div 2
    18/08/2014
    19:30 An Ghaeltacht vs Passage An Rinn More
    19:30 Ballygunner/Baile Gunnair vs St Mary's Juvenile Ballygunner More
    19:30 Brickey Rangers vs Scared Heart Brickey Rangers More
    19:30 Dungarvan vs Micheal MacCraith Tramore Dungarvan More
    19:30 Kilrossanty/Cill Rosanta vs St Patrick's Leamybrien More
    21/08/2014
    19:30 Scared Heart vs Dungarvan Poleberry More
    02/09/2014
    19:30 Micheal MacCraith Tramore vs Brickey Rangers Tramore More
    19:30 Passage vs Dungarvan Passage More
    19:30 Portlaw vs An Ghaeltacht Portlaw More
    19:30 Scared Heart vs Kilrossanty/Cill Rosanta Poleberry More
    19:30 St Patrick's vs Ballygunner/Baile Gunnair Kilgobnet More
    U14 Hurling Championship Div 4
    18/08/2014
    19:30 Stradbally vs St Molleran's Stradbally More
    02/09/2014
    19:30 St Molleran's vs Clashmore/Kinsalebeg St. Mollerans More
    U12 East Football Div 1
    14/08/2014
    19:00 Gaultier vs St Mary's Juvenile Gaultier More
    22/08/2014
    18:30 Roanmore vs Gaultier GAA Club Roanmore - Gracedieu More
    18:30 St Mary's Juvenile vs Portlaw Kill More
    01/09/2014
    18:30 Gaultier GAA Club vs Micheal MacCraith Tramore Gaultier More
    18:30 Roanmore vs St Mary's Juvenile Roanmore - Gracedieu More
    03/09/2014
    18:30 St Mary's Juvenile vs Tramore Kill More
    05/09/2014
    18:30 Micheal MacCraith Tramore vs Roanmore Tramore More
    18:30 Portlaw vs Gaultier GAA Club Gaultier More
    U12 East Football Div 2
    22/08/2014
    18:30 De La Salle B vs Gaultier Cleaboy More
    18:30 Gaultier GAA Club vs Rathgormack Gaultier More
    18:30 Micheal MacCraith Tramore vs De La Salle B Tramore More
    18:30 St Saviour's vs Scared Heart St. Saviours More
    18:30 Tramore vs Rathgormack Tramore More
    01/09/2014
    18:30 De La Salle B vs Ballyduff Lower Cleaboy More
    18:30 Rathgormack vs St Saviour's Rathgormack More
    18:30 Scared Heart vs Micheal MacCraith Tramore Poleberry More
    05/09/2014
    18:00 De La Salle B vs Rathgormack Cleaboy More
    18:00 Gaultier vs Ballyduff Lower Gaultier More
    18:30 Ballyduff Lower vs Scared Heart Ballyduff Lower More
    18:30 Micheal MacCraith Tramore vs Rathgormack Tramore More
    18:30 St Saviour's vs Gaultier GAA Club St. Saviours More
    U12 East Football Div 3
    22/08/2014
    18:30 Ferrybank vs John Mitchel's Port Mhór More
    18:30 Ferrybank vs Tramore Port Mhór More
    18:30 John Mitchel's vs Butlerstown Seán Mistéal More
    18:30 Micheal MacCraith Tramore vs Na Gaeil Tramore More
    18:30 St Molleran's vs Butlerstown GAA Club St. Mollerans More
    01/09/2014
    18:30 Butlerstown vs St Saviour's Butlerstown More
    18:30 Tramore vs St Mollerans Tramore More
    05/09/2014
    18:30 Ferrybank vs Na Gaeil Port Mhór More
    18:30 John Mitchel's vs Butlerstown GAA Club Seán Mistéal More
    18:30 John Mitchel's vs Tramore Seán Mistéal More
    18:30 Micheal MacCraith Tramore vs St Molleran's Tramore More
    18:30 St Mollerans vs Ferrybank St. Mollerans More
    U11 East Football
    15/08/2014
    18:15 Butlerstown vs Gaultier Butlerstown More
    18:30 Ballyduff Lower vs John Mitchel's Ballyduff Lower More
    18:30 Ballyduff Lower vs Roanmore Ballyduff Lower More
    18:30 Na Gaeil vs Scared Heart Dunhill More
    18:30 Portlaw vs John Mitchel's Portlaw More
    18:30 Roanmore vs Portlaw Roanmore - Cleaboy More
    18:30 St Saviour's vs Ferrybank St. Saviours More
    19/08/2014
    18:30 Gaultier vs Portlaw Gaultier More
    18:30 John Mitchel's vs Ferrybank Seán Mistéal More
    18:30 John Mitchel's vs St Saviour's Seán Mistéal More
    18:30 Na Gaeil vs Ballyduff Lower Dunhill More
    18:30 Portlaw vs Ballyduff Lower Portlaw More
    18:30 Scared Heart vs Roanmore Poleberry More
    18:30 St Mary's Juvenile vs Butlerstown St Mary's Juvenile More
    25/08/2014
    18:30 Ballyduff Lower vs John Mitchel's Ballyduff Lower More
    18:30 Butlerstown vs Portlaw Butlerstown More
    18:30 Ferrybank vs Gaultier Port Mhór More
    18:30 Na Gaeil vs John Mitchel's Dunhill More
    18:30 Roanmore vs Ballyduff Lower Roanmore - Cleaboy More
    18:30 Scared Heart vs Ferrybank Poleberry More
    18:30 St Mary's Juvenile vs Roanmore St Mary's Juvenile More
    18:30 St Saviour's vs Portlaw St. Saviours More
    29/08/2014
    18:30 Ballyduff Lower vs St Saviour's Ballyduff Lower More
    18:30 Ferrybank vs Roanmore Port Mhór More
    18:30 Gaultier vs Ballyduff Lower Gaultier More
    18:30 John Mitchel's vs Scared Heart Seán Mistéal More
    18:30 Na Gaeil vs St Mary's Juvenile Dunhill More
    18:30 Portlaw vs Ferrybank Portlaw More
    18:30 Portlaw vs Na Gaeil Portlaw More
    18:30 Roanmore vs Butlerstown Roanmore - Cleaboy More
    U11 Football Division 1
    15/08/2014
    18:30 An Ghaeltacht vs Youghal An Rinn More
    18:30 Dungarvan vs Ballinacourty Dungarvan More
    18:30 The Nire vs Kilrossanty/Cill Rosanta Ballymacarbry More
    22/08/2014
    18:30 An Ghaeltacht vs Rathgormack An Rinn More
    18:30 Naomh Brid vs Rathgormack Modeligo More
    18:30 The Nire vs Ballinacourty Ballymacarbry More
    18:30 The Nire vs Ballinacourty Ballymacarbry More
    18:30 Youghal vs Dungarvan Youghal More
    18:30 Youghal vs Dungarvan Youghal More
    29/08/2014
    18:30 An Ghaeltacht vs Youghal An Rinn More
    18:30 Ballinacourty vs An Ghaeltacht Abbeyside Ballinacourty More
    18:30 Kilrossanty/Cill Rosanta vs Dungarvan Leamybrien More
    18:30 The Nire vs Dungarvan Ballymacarbry More
    18:30 Youghal vs The Nire Youghal More
    05/09/2014
    18:30 Ballinacourty vs Kilrossanty Abbeyside Ballinacourty More
    18:30 Ballinacourty vs Kilrossanty Abbeyside Ballinacourty More
    18:30 Dungarvan vs An Ghaeltacht Dungarvan More
    18:30 Dungarvan vs Naomh Brid Dungarvan More
    18:30 Rathgormack vs The Nire Rathgormack More
    18:30 Rathgormack vs The Nire Rathgormack More
    U11 Football Division 2
    22/08/2014
    18:30 Ballyduff Upper vs Cappoquin Affane Ballyduff Upper More
    18:30 Cois Bhride vs Stradbally Tallow More
    18:30 St. Oliver's vs An Ghaeltacht Ballinameela More
    18:30 St Patrick's vs Ballinacourty Kilgobnet More
    05/09/2014
    18:30 An Ghaeltacht vs St Patrick's An Rinn More
    18:30 Ballinacourty vs Cois Bhride Abbeyside Ballinacourty More
    18:30 Ballyduff Upper vs St. Oliver's Ballyduff Upper More
    18:30 Cappoquin Affane vs Stradbally Cappoquin More

• Registered Users Posts: 39,533 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

New football manager required.

• Advertisement

KevIRL wrote: »
    New football manager required.

Not surprising. Carew and his backroom team should be thanked for his efforts, but the team has gone backwards year on year since he came in.

I'm not sure what the situation is with player availability and finances, but I'm sure this isn't an easy job. Finding a replacement as high a profile as his won't be easy either.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement