Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 2013- Mod Warning Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭chinguetti

wtf are u on about its McGrath who is deploying these tactics????

I know but what I'm trying to say (badly) is if McGrath came out and changed the tactics earlier this year in the league, we mightn't have got relegated. The CB ain't going to get rid of him and he ain't going to go so we're stuck with him and there's nothing going to change on that front.

As something to hold onto, the only hope we have is a change of tactics to give us a lot more direction for next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭hardybuck

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Kilkenny were not dismantled by anyone in the next round. Henry was sent off and that's why they lost.

Read my statement again. I stated that they were very well beaten in their next game, and that their team was dismantled at the end of the season.

Both occured. Kilkenny were beaten by 5 points in their next game.

Kilkenny lost to Dublin in the Leinster semi and just hammered them in the Leinster final this year. The team which beat Dublin in 2014 contains six different starting players and four positional changes to the one which lost to Cork in 2013. That's two thirds of their team changed around. They also used a total of 32 different players in the National League.

Stop me where I use anything but the facts here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭Slobbery

hardybuck wrote: »
    Read my statement again. I stated that they were very well beaten in their next game, and that their team was dismantled at the end of the season.

Kilkenny lost to Dublin in the Leinster semi and just hammered them in the Leinster final this year. The team which beat Dublin in 2014 contains six different starting players and four positional changes to the one which lost to Cork in 2013. That's two thirds of their team changed around. They also used a total of 32 different players in the National League.

You are right

• Registered Users Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭hardybuck

I should point out from the start that I am in no way a Derek McGrath fan, I'm a fan of nobody in particular at this time, but I will add one more point to balance the raving on this thread.

A lot of people here have mentioned the name of Donal Og Cusack as a potential replacement for McGrath, a man with no management track record.

Donal Og stated on the Sunday Game last night that Waterford were at their best when they deployed a sweeper in their defense, and that Limerick should do likewise as the Wexford forwards would run free otherwise.

So, a lot of people's favourite replacement seems to favour the sweeper system. Consider that before future posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭Slobbery

I think we have seen more for T De Burca, Colin Dunford and Austin Gleeson at senior inter county level than any other player that has come on the scene in a long time - so we can take some encouragement in that.

Alot of the players - some outstanding underage, colleges and club hurlers, have not delivered consistently at intercounty level if it all since coming into the side in 2011, it is like we have been waiting 2/3 years for them to fire, but the three lads mentioned above probably show, you tend to know early enough if a guy has it or not and if it hasn't happened 2/3 years into their careers than I dont think are going to get much better than what they already are.

No fault on them they are obviously dedicated lads and take care of themselves and put the gym work etc in, but they now have had 3 years of living life as intercounty players, gaining experience, getting stronger etc but the improvement you would expect hasnt followed.

I think we need to find new more dynamic players that can inject some pace into the team, like Cork have done, they went for greyhounds, guys that are impossible to tie down, our lack of pace all over the field is just a huge set back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

I think the criticism of Paudie Mahony is a bit unfair to be honest, I think the player is just absolutely knackered. He's on the go since December, playing the league and fitzgibbon simultaneously...only player from the colleges not to be rested during the league. Was outstanding during most of the league and in the first Cork game....just think it comes down to the the physical trainer....Paudie, as well as other players looked shattered at times during the year

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Well you may remember Waterford minors winning an all ireland in your lifetime but I certainly don't.

I'd consider that a golden crop.

you should ask Limerick how their 3 in a row U21 AI winners stand in their golden crop era. Or Galway and their minor teams for that matter. Its one thing winning underage, its an entirely different thing bringing them through as successful senior intercounty players.

I dont think Waterford are that much worse than last year. I think they are worse, but its not as if there was a massive drop off going from a major contender to absolute outsider. It took an injury time point to get a win over Tipp late on in the league to stay out of the relegation final last year. And lost to Clare in the first round, before beating Offaly and Westmeath before succumbing to what was last year, a below par Kilkenny side. Yes, it went to extra time, but sure you could point to drawing the first game against Cork as being a very similar result this year.

From the outside, the fitness looked really poor. And obviously the tactics. But it does take time for tactics in a team to work out. You need patience for that to work. Maybe McGraths tactics will never work, but they certainly wont if he only has a year to try implement them. It has taken Liam Dunne 3 years to only just nudge ahead of Waterford. It didnt happen over night. But, it must be said, we really were coming off the lowest base possible and not much further to fall back, so it was a win win situation really.

I happened to find this post on a search for something different too.
    culbaire wrote: »
    Have a good look at the situation in Wexford. Hurling one week, football the next. They are useless at both codes now.

There is plenty of mediocrity in Wexford now.

same lad who said Waterford MUST beat Wexford. I'm not entirely sure where the arrogance of some people does come from, or sense of entitlement to be on such a high horse.

At least in Div 1b next year, whoever is in charge will have a chance to blood players and tactics in a division of similar parity where relegation isnt really on the cards, and whilst promotion would be a target, not getting should now be proven that is not the worst thing to happen. 3 of 6 teams left in the championship are in the second tier of league hurling in 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Ah...it all suddenly makes sense now. If McGrath was in place last year we'd have actually beaten Kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭hurler on de ditch

deisedude wrote: »
    Are you on crack or something? Only way to explain dropping some of them
    well the Brick has been very dissapointing in most games thought his move to centre field was his best position ,other than that has been very good winning ball in defence ,but contributed nothing going forward repeatedly putting his team mates in trouble with short passing (cant for the life of him clear a ball with the hurl )when he did go as far as midfield he had no belief in himself to go for a point ,instead putting a very slow ball into forward line ,as one of our best players cant remember the last time he contributed to the score board,,the same can be said of Kevin Moran
    very dissapointing,constantly picking up good ball running into blind spots ,losing the ball, and no score at the end of it,mahony the same but for frees hardly contributes to the score board at all ,S,o Sullivan the same dont /cant remember the last time he dominated a game from midfield and when he contributed to the score board ,,S,o Keeffe although he has saved a few shots this year (thats his job after all) but puck outs piss poor all year consistently pucking balls out over the sideline,consistently putting his team mates under the severest pressure with his ridiculous short game , i could go on ,,,,you see if you are not performing at senior inter county (consistently)then no matter who you are as a manager you need two things ,,,,a pair of balls and honesty (brain power)none have been in evidence since he got the job ,,,but as they say i dont blame Derek mc Grath ,,i squarely blame the fellows who gave it to him ,,,,like i said before any man comes into a job with a three year plan when we have not won an All Ireland for over 50 years is ridicilous ,,im on acid whoo hoo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,843 ✭✭✭deisedude

The Wexford team last year lost to the All Ireland Champions in extra time, and beat the All Ireland Champions this year.

Kilkenny were very well beaten in the next game they played after us, and dismantled their team at the end of the year.

How about some facts.

Last year Clare were much better than Wexford but completely took the foot off the pedal showboating and going for goals. Wexford who had looked poor all game somehow got a draw more out of fluke than design. They were then well beaten in extra time when Clare decided to play again and scored two quick goals killing the game off

Wexford failed to beat Clare the first day despite playing against 14 men for the entire second half. Failed to beat 13 men the second day in normal time.

Cork played against 14 men for much of that Kilkenny game last year.

Wexford are spirited and well organised but I also think they are limited enough and play with a lot of naivety and I firmly expect Limerick to beat them by 5 points or more.

The main problem as I see it is that Derek McGrath thinks he is a lot smarter than he actually is trying to revolutionise hurling with statistical analysis and an over-emphasis on tactics designed on stopping the opposition playing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭culbaire

I should point out from the start that I am in no way a Derek McGrath fan, I'm a fan of nobody in particular at this time, but I will add one more point to balance the raving on this thread.

A lot of people here have mentioned the name of Donal Og Cusack as a potential replacement for McGrath, a man with no management track record.

Donal Og stated on the Sunday Game last night that Waterford were at their best when they deployed a sweeper in their defense, and that Limerick should do likewise as the Wexford forwards would run free otherwise.

So, a lot of people's favourite replacement seems to favour the sweeper system. Consider that before future posts.
    The reality is that this management team of "!all the talents" has failed abysmally. It have even brought Waterford into Division 1B of the National Hurling League. All the spinning by John Mullane and others in favour of Derek McGrath cant alter the reality that this year has been an unmitigated disaster. We are back to the same excuses that were always used here when we had Waterford natives in charge. The "lack of sufficient talent" mantra is a convenient excuse for failed management.

The county needs a a good manager from outside. We have nobody in Waterford at present that can manage the Senior Hurling team at the required level of competence. Many supporters have had enough. I am not talking about fine day supporters either. There are several fine managers available in Kilkenny and Cork.

Visit a training session in Cork, Tipperary or Kilkenny. Contrast it with the corresponding effort in Waterford. I rest my case. The current set up in Waterford is twenty years behind other counties like Kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭culbaire

bruschi wrote: »
    Well you quote a post made by me in relation to Wexford Hurling's difficulties in a dual country set up. You try to discredit me.
    Well answer this:
    How many Leinster Senior Hurling Championships has Wexford won in the last ten years?

This current Wexford team is no wonder team. It is well trained though and has a clear cut pattern of play which masks some of its weaknesses
    A properly prepared Waterford team would have taken a moderate but enthusiastic Wexford team last Saturday night. Even the selection of the team was WRONG. A badly prepared but properly selected Waterford team would have taken Wexford.

I draw you attention to the flaws in the current set up in bullet point form BELOW. Spin all you bloody well like . The reality is the reality that at Senior Level Waterford is in big trouble. It also has huge implications for sponsorship as well. The current management has failed. Time for a new manager from OUTSIDE the county.

Do you think this shambles would be acceptable in Kilkenny and Cork?
    What has really angered knowledgeable Waterford supporters in city and county alike is:
    • The negative brand of hurling being played.

• The stupid selectorial decisions,.

• Lack of fitness of the players,.

• The failure to get the best out of talented players.

• The lack of a pattern of play.....

• Evident lack of coaching in defence and attack

• The fact that the team has gone back since last year

• The deterioration in skill levels

As far as I am concerned Waterford stretches from the Cork border to Waterford harbour. It is one county.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Well you may remember Waterford minors winning an all ireland in your lifetime but I certainly don't.

I'd consider that a golden crop.

Minor win was great but it hardly translates to a good senior team. Not to be negative but a lot of those lads will not develop into good senior county hurlers. Plenty of teams have seen underage success only for it to count for nothing at senior level years later (see Galway). On the other hand, plenty of counties have little success at underage relative to their successes at senior (see Kerry).

While I hope that the talent at minor level is nurtured and we get many players that develop into top intercounty players I do not think it is realistic. Being a good player at 17 does not mean you will continue to develop, conversely there will be players not great at that age but may have a somewhat hidden talent and will develop to be good intercounty hurlers at a later stage. Waterford have to ensure that they nurture the all ireland winners as well as those who will be 'late bloomers' so to speak.

U21 is a better indicator but also not great. I certainly don't think that the hurlers Waterford have coming through are any better than the talents coming through in Cork, Dublin, Limerick, Clare, KK etc. I also don't think that our squad is as great as it is made out to be, we have players that will come in off the bench and not reduce the quality of our team but that is a reflection of the quality of the first 15 as much as it is of the bench. Certain players if lost will effect the quality of our team, Brick or Connors for example, but many are replaceable and I see that in a negative light rather than the positive that many do.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Brad1234

well the Brick has been very dissapointing in most games thought his move to centre field was his best position ,other than that has been very good winning ball in defence ,but contributed nothing going forward repeatedly putting his team mates in trouble with short passing (cant for the life of him clear a ball with the hurl )when he did go as far as midfield he had no belief in himself to go for a point ,instead putting a very slow ball into forward line ,as one of our best players cant remember the last time he contributed to the score board,,the same can be said of Kevin Moran
    very dissapointing,constantly picking up good ball running into blind spots ,losing the ball, and no score at the end of it,mahony the same but for frees hardly contributes to the score board at all ,S,o Sullivan the same dont /cant remember the last time he dominated a game from midfield and when he contributed to the score board ,,S,o Keeffe although he has saved a few shots this year (thats his job after all) but puck outs piss poor all year consistently pucking balls out over the sideline,consistently putting his team mates under the severest pressure with his ridiculous short game , i could go on ,,,,you see if you are not performing at senior inter county (consistently)then no matter who you are as a manager you need two things ,,,,a pair of balls and honesty (brain power)none have been in evidence since he got the job ,,,but as they say i dont blame Derek mc Grath ,,i squarely blame the fellows who gave it to him ,,,,like i said before any man comes into a job with a three year plan when we have not won an All Ireland for over 50 years is ridicilous ,,im on acid whoo hoo :)

Dont agree on puckouts.. He is hitting targets that don't want it.. or haven't the ability to win it either.. The one he put over the line on saturday was a **** or bust type ball with time up chasing the game.. I love Puck out argument really its nonsense look at the stats over the weekend on how many puck outs wexford one of there own ball.. you'll see its in and around the same.. if Soky pucks a ball out and half forward breaks it to one of our guys pushing on thats a puck out won in my eyes doesn't haven't to be a ball in the paw.. Unfortunately we aren't doing either..

Blame the fellas that gave him the job is the most cliched ridden nonsense anyone can spout..

Fellas having a go at brick id have no time for the lad has carried us through games for years this season doesn't go so well and he is getting pelters.. Not many on here have his ability or 'balls' as you put it..

Also go through the league and championship and look at scores from play id say mahony is pretty close to the top, albeit we never score much from play anyway.. the fact he is top class free taker shouldnt be overlooked either.. Since when has this been such an easy thing to do.. Colin ryan of clare was considered just a freetaker to in his younger days would you label him a freetaker now after few years experience..

Big problem i have with mcgrath is he goes on about a system and style of player neither which i can figure out.. Then if he is trying to play the system like clare we don't have any pace or desire to do it so is it a manager putting a system on players irrespective of their abilities.. if so then it will never work..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭seananigans

"We're acutely aware that moral victories have no place in Waterford hurling but, at the same time, we had seven or eight fellas that made their championship debuts this year, so I think mad and all as it might make the Waterford people, we think we're building towards something over the three-year plan," said McGrath.

- See more at: http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/hurling/thriller-sees-wonderful-wexford-leave-deise-all-at-sea-30446258.html#sthash.WqsRDwZJ.dpuf

great get out card that, it all ebign part of the plan, going backwards from last year was a plan ? with nor etirees and players coming closer to their prime ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Sorry Hardy, but Eoin Murphy, Henry Shefflin, Michael Fennelly and Richie Power being out through injury and 3 of them guaranteed starters is hardly dismantling a team? They used 32 players but Paudie Walsh is the only major addition that hasn't been there before, though Holden has done well since being brought in second day v Galway.

Kilkenny are better than last year, that much is obvious. But the extent to which people want to undermine last year strikes me as a bit unfair. We looked a better team that were going in the right direction. And considering they played that game without Mahony, Shane Walsh, Molumphy who were all available this year it's disappointing.

On the flip side, Darragh Fives was outstanding that day and in fairness he hasn't had a clean run at it this year. Also, Maurice was out (though he was brutal that day) and also Jamie Barron has had a horrible year with injuries. Think there is definitely a level of madness here, fully expected in the event of a loss on Saturday, but don't agree all the same that there isn't much difference between this year and last year.

Waterford only had one bad game in the league last year, and were bet by Kilkenny in Nowlan Park which is par for the course for everybody. Contrast that with the two hammerings and the hammering against Cork.

That's what is killing McGrath. There would be an element of discontent amongst some supporters, no more than there was before he took the job, and no more the same than Michael Ryan got in all fairness and people calling for his head after losing to Clare in his first Waterford Crystal, but really while you hear they are happier in the camp this year compared to stories last year, at the same time looking at them out on the field they look demoralized in complete contrast to last year.

And that's what counts.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Alf Tupper

Sorry Hardy, but Eoin Murphy, Henry Shefflin, Michael Fennelly and Richie Power being out through injury and 3 of them guaranteed starters is hardly dismantling a team? They used 32 players but Paudie Walsh is the only major addition that hasn't been there before, though Holden has done well since being brought in second day v Galway.

Kilkenny are better than last year, that much is obvious. But the extent to which people want to undermine last year strikes me as a bit unfair. We looked a better team that were going in the right direction. And considering they played that game without Mahony, Shane Walsh, Molumphy who were all available this year it's disappointing.

On the flip side, Darragh Fives was outstanding that day and in fairness he hasn't had a clean run at it this year. Also, Maurice was out (though he was brutal that day) and also Jamie Barron has had a horrible year with injuries. Think there is definitely a level of madness here, fully expected in the event of a loss on Saturday, but don't agree all the same that there isn't much difference between this year and last year.

Waterford only had one bad game in the league last year, and were bet by Kilkenny in Nowlan Park which is par for the course for everybody. Contrast that with the two hammerings and the hammering against Cork.

That's what is killing McGrath. There would be an element of discontent amongst some supporters, no more than there was before he took the job, and no more the same than Michael Ryan got in all fairness and people calling for his head after losing to Clare in his first Waterford Crystal, but really while you hear they are happier in the camp this year compared to stories last year, at the same time looking at them out on the field they look demoralized in complete contrast to last year.

And that's what counts.

Sure the only lads that wer putting the story out that they were happy in the camp this year were ex pupils of McGrath. They were the only one's allowed speak to the press.

The discontent in the camp was palpable amongst the other selectors and players.

Even in the past few days I've heard of three lads who just want to walk away because as far as they see it, they will never get a fair chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭IanVW

1. Billy Nolan
    2. David Prendergast
    3. Eddie Hayden
    4. Michael Cronin
    5. Darragh Lyons
    6. Colm Roche
    7. Conor Prunty
    8. Jack Mullaney
    9. Andy Molumby
    10. Shane Bennett
    11. Cormac Curran
    12. Conor Gleeson
    13. Peter Hogan
    14. Patrick Curran
    15. Shane Ryan (Capt.)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Waterford cd

IanVW wrote: »
    1. Billy Nolan
    2. David Prendergast
    3. Eddie Hayden
    4. Michael Cronin
    5. Darragh Lyons
    6. Colm Roche
    7. Conor Prunty
    8. Jack Mullaney
    9. Andy Molumby
    10. Shane Bennett
    11. Cormac Curran
    12. Conor Gleeson
    13. Peter Hogan
    14. Patrick Curran
    15. Shane Ryan (Capt.)

Looks like pretty much strongest possible team!!

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭conditioned games

It will be interesting to see how shane ryan goes as he wasn't playing well earlier in the year but got the winning goal when he came on the last day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭robopaddy

IanVW wrote: »
    1. Billy Nolan
    2. David Prendergast
    3. Eddie Hayden
    4. Michael Cronin
    5. Darragh Lyons
    6. Colm Roche
    7. Conor Prunty
    8. Jack Mullaney
    9. Andy Molumby
    10. Shane Bennett
    11. Cormac Curran
    12. Conor Gleeson
    13. Peter Hogan
    14. Patrick Curran
    15. Shane Ryan (Capt.)

Sutton dropped?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,054 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Lose tomorrow in the minor final and I think it will be curtains to our season. We would have a 5 day turnaround and wud be playing Dublin in Croke park ( if the rumours are true that the quarters are being moved there). This is just my opinion don't jump down my throat lol

• Registered Users Posts: 35 deisedoz

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Lose tomorrow in the minor final and I think it will be curtains to our season. We would have a 5 day turnaround and wud be playing Dublin in Croke park ( if the rumours are true that the quarters are being moved there). This is just my opinion don't jump down my throat lol

Quarters are fixed for Thurles AFAIK, no way they could switch at this level of short notice.

Like the look of the team and hopefully lads will give it a right go. Can understand Sutton being left out, he's not that long back from injury and he's been skinned in last two outings. Hopefully a big travelling support, was 50/50 about going before Saturday but def going to get out of work a bit early and hit the road to Thurles!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

deisedoz wrote: »
    Quarters are fixed for Thurles AFAIK, no way they could switch at this level of short notice.

Like the look of the team and hopefully lads will give it a right go. Can understand Sutton being left out, he's not that long back from injury and he's been skinned in last two outings. Hopefully a big travelling support, was 50/50 about going before Saturday but def going to get out of work a bit early and hit the road to Thurles!

Same as, can get a train back up after. Feel like anyone that can should go simply because these are the lads that we'll be depending on to get it going again, and so they need our support now more than ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Tramore84

deisedoz wrote: »

Best of luck to the minors tomorrow - up the deise.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Tramore84

jive wrote: »
    Minor win was great but it hardly translates to a good senior team. Not to be negative but a lot of those lads will not develop into good senior county hurlers. Plenty of teams have seen underage success only for it to count for nothing at senior level years later (see Galway). On the other hand, plenty of counties have little success at underage relative to their successes at senior (see Kerry).

While I hope that the talent at minor level is nurtured and we get many players that develop into top intercounty players I do not think it is realistic. Being a good player at 17 does not mean you will continue to develop, conversely there will be players not great at that age but may have a somewhat hidden talent and will develop to be good intercounty hurlers at a later stage. Waterford have to ensure that they nurture the all ireland winners as well as those who will be 'late bloomers' so to speak.

U21 is a better indicator but also not great. I certainly don't think that the hurlers Waterford have coming through are any better than the talents coming through in Cork, Dublin, Limerick, Clare, KK etc. I also don't think that our squad is as great as it is made out to be, we have players that will come in off the bench and not reduce the quality of our team but that is a reflection of the quality of the first 15 as much as it is of the bench. Certain players if lost will effect the quality of our team, Brick or Connors for example, but many are replaceable and I see that in a negative light rather than the positive that many do.

Austin Gleeson and Dunford have already made the step up - De Burca too. More to follow. This management team does not have the expertise to develop other players who could make it - am thinking Foran, Keating and others. Managment have failed on nearly every level this year. They should not get an opportunity to apply the same confused approach next year. These are an important next few years for Waterford hurling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭robopaddy

PTH2009 wrote: »

I see your negativity has now shifted its focus to the minor lads as its the only thing left for us to fail in

No fear youd ever actually just get behind the lads lad and give a bit of encouragement.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Tramore84 wrote: »
    Austin Gleeson and Dunford have already made the step up - De Burca too. More to follow. This management team does not have the expertise to develop other players who could make it - am thinking Foran, Keating and others. Managment have failed on nearly every level this year. They should not get an opportunity to apply the same confused approach next year. These are an important next few years for Waterford hurling.

Yeah they've made the step up but it was hardly a good year. Not laying blame to any of them lads though, Gleeson was arguably our best forward although that's not saying much this year. Like I said, I hope many do follow because at least they have a winning mentality on the back of the minor win. I certainly don't see it as a golden crop though I have to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Are WLR doing the minor match live?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭cul beag

Just wondering what are McGrath's selectors roles within the setup? If,as was stated at the start of the year they were to bring certain experience and expertise to the table why on earth was jim Greene needed? What,if anything does he offer the management team? Will the selection panel be shaken up next year? Will he bring some fresh blood in to freshen it up?
    I can't see big Dan leaving as he loves the limelight too much but I wonder where do Flannery and Maher fit in? Obviously they're not too happy with having their names attached to the mess that unfolded this season.
    I can't wait to read the local paper tomorrow to see what their hurling experts take on the game was and how they rate the season as a whole. Normally its cutting when it has to be but seeing as Mr. Greene's name is involved will we see an easing off on the pen!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement