Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insane EA Humble Bundle

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Is Red Alert 3 the one with Rick Flair in it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,277 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Is Red Alert 3 the one with Rick Flair in it?
    From the video on their site; yes it is :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 397 ✭✭welkin

Jesus wept I didn't think populous would look so bad but it did!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

2 million sold now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

2 million sold now.

Indeed, and getting very close to the other very big number... $10,000,000. They're at $9,914,886.82 as of this post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

10 Games for under $5 and a little ego stroke due to donating to charity. That'll do. I'll count it an even better deal if I actually install any of them

Wow. Populous has aged badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Wow. Populous has aged badly.

In all fairness, it is 24 years old. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 82,167 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Populous The Beginning would have made it a no-brainer. Populous meanwhile, is uber dated

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Hit 10 million

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,162 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Overheal wrote: »
    Populous The Beginning would have made it a no-brainer. Populous meanwhile, is uber dated

Not many games can rightfully claim to be the source of an entire genre though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

chrislad wrote: »
    In all fairness, it is 24 years old. :)

Christ that makes me feel old :(:(:(:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,360 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

yeah but back then new genres were popping up all the time whereas we haven't seen anything really new come out in a while genre wise

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Skerries wrote: »
    yeah but back then new genres were popping up all the time whereas we haven't seen anything really new come out in a while genre wise

There must just be no new genres left to invent.

:p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

C14N wrote: »
    There must just be no new genres left to invent.

:p

RTFPSRPFMSS?

RealTimeFirstPersonRolePlayingFootballManagerShooterStrategy

RTFPSRPFMSS?

RealTimeFirstPersonRolePlayingFootballManagerShooterStrategy

So basically Football Manager with guns? I'd buy that game!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

So basically Football Manager with guns? I'd buy that game!

It'll help with squad morale. Can't fail :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,005 ✭✭✭Wossack

as long as the fps elements are turn based, Im all for it

and fingers crossed theres no tacked on multiplayer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/08/29/eas-origin-humble-bundle-raised-over-105-million-for-charity

I applaud ea, humble bundle and each and every one of you, including myself for getting together and doing something for a great cause.

2.1 million sold gathering 10.5 million for charity :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/08/29/eas-origin-humble-bundle-raised-over-105-million-for-charity

I applaud ea, humble bundle and each and every one of you, including myself for getting together and doing something for a great cause.

I find it odd only 2.1 million availed of this..

I presumed every gamer on earth would be getting all these games for a dollar whether they had them or not, I mean there's, what, 10 million who use steam regularly?

• Advertisement

The Humble Bundle is up there with the greatest charity drives ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I have to say fair play to EA on this one, I still hate them as a company though :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,025 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I have to say fair play to EA on this one, I still hate them as a company though :P

Completely agree, though a cynical man might argue that they could easily make a killing on DLC for Battlefield and Dead Space 3.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

I've been playing through a few. I actually didn't own any of them. I was surprised how little I liked the games really - I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth and I appreciate the level of work and detail gone into the games, but the user interfaces in some of the games are shockingly horrendous and they turn me away. Such basic shortfalls take so much away from them. I'm talking mainly about the game menus - they don't come up when you want them to and they're difficult to navigate.
    Thanks for the cheap games EA, but I feel completely discouraged from buying any of your future games.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,360 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

which games specifically?

In particular the browser thing with BF3 and the disastrous layout of burnout.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Monotype wrote: »
    I've been playing through a few. I actually didn't own any of them. I was surprised how little I liked the games really - I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth and I appreciate the level of work and detail gone into the games, but the user interfaces in some of the games are shockingly horrendous and they turn me away. Such basic shortfalls take so much away from them. I'm talking mainly about the game menus - they don't come up when you want them to and they're difficult to navigate.
    Thanks for the cheap games EA, but I feel completely discouraged from buying any of your future games.

Most don't buy their games for the menus.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Monotype wrote: »
    In particular the browser thing with BF3 and the disastrous layout of burnout.

Yep, those two are particularly annoying alright.

Most don't buy their games for the menus.

It's the basics of good program design. There's no thought gone into it - or too little in the form of a rush job tacked on.
    It is part of the greater product and simple usability is expected.

It should only take seconds to open or close it. It's not even as if it's loading times. You should be able to jump into a game quickly and crap-free, without diminishing menu options in functional formats.

If you're willing to accept that, then go ahead and keep enjoying your games. :) I'll look elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭Nollog

Yeah, best marketing campaign ever.

Advertisement