Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insane EA Humble Bundle

Options
  • 14-08-2013 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

https://www.humblebundle.com/

OK so you have to use Origin, but Dead Space, Burnou Paradise: The Crysis 2 Maximum Edition, Mirror's Edge, Dead Space 3, Medal of Honor, Battlefield 3 and The Sims 3 for less than a fiver make is well, well worth it.

Go buy now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

https://www.humblebundle.com/

OK so you have to use Origin, but Dead Space, Burnou Paradise: The Crysis 2 Maximum Edition, Mirror's Edge, Dead Space 3, Medal of Honor, Battlefield 3 and The Sims 3 for less than a fiver make is well, well worth it.

Go buy now.

no you dont you can use steam for burnout, medalOH, crysis 2 and dead space n mirrors edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

It's a shame most of the good stuff is on Origin. Also baffled why they didn't offer Steam codes for The Sims 3 stuff, since it's all available there too...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

wonder will they ad another game or 2 like the last humble bundle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

any word on what the next unlocked games will be?Some smart dude figured it out last bundle on the first day but haven't read anything yet. Reckon we'll probably see dead space 2 and some bf3 dlc or more sims ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Cheers. 6$ for Dead space 3, thats all i needed. the rest of games are spare.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

TheChrisD wrote: »
    It's a shame most of the good stuff is on Origin. Also baffled why they didn't offer Steam codes for The Sims 3 stuff, since it's all available there too...

It's several of the biggest games of recent times for basically nothing, a couple still worth a good ten or twenty euro each. And every cent earned is going to charity.

I think the lack of Steam codes is a fairly acceptable compromise...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,162 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It's an EA supported pack, they were never going to push Steam over Origin as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Break down of the keys

Dead Space 3 (Origin Key)
    Crysis 2 Maximum Edition (Origin Key and Steam Key)
    Dead Space (Origin Key and Steam Key)
    Burnout Paradise The Ultimate Box (Origin Key and Steam Key)
    Mirror's Edge (Origin Key and Steam Key)
    Medal of Honor (2010) (Origin Key and Steam Key)
    If you pay more than the average?

The Sims 3 + Starter Pack (Origin Key)
    Battlefield 3 (Origin Key)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Also the Steam and Origin keys are seperate keys so you essentially get two copies of the Steam ones :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

They did for games that are on Steam too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Can you share the extras?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

The value on that is insane. Hoping to sucker people into after-purchase transactions, perhaps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

The value on that is insane. Hoping to sucker people into after-purchase transactions, perhaps.

I think you're being a bit unfair. The money is going to charity, they absolutely did not need to do that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

With Dead Space 1, the complete Burnout Paradise pack and Mirrors Edge?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

origin being painfully slow for anyone else?

Hah, perhaps I am - and it's great that the initial moneys go to charity.

There's a lot of stuff in there that doesn't have microtransactions, that's true.

I'm a cynical f*cker though. I'd never believe a company that big would do it for completely altruistic reasons, and I can only see microtransactions\other DLC as their "this is how it'll work for us" thinking.

I still went ahead and got it though, so I'll park my reservations and simply go with the "great value" reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Dead Space Origin Key
    A6H9-PEKJ-26RV-FHGL-CHTK
    Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box Origin Key
    HJPX-H56H-KBVC-DMUX-85FR
    Crysis 2 Maximum Edition Origin Key
    AMP7-5RE6-5YUP-J5K8-78GM
    Dead Space 3 Origin Key
    BAYQ-PHBZ-38XJ-B79M-DE7P
    Medal of Honor Origin Key
    F8YQ-LBV3-XAXF-3R4U-RK7R
    Mirror's Edge Origin Key
    DQPX-T8VN-FJVS-SY8Q-QLV2
    Sims 3 Starter Pack Origin Key
    5VB3-NFSZ-BEYA-UBSX

Enjoy LADS! I have most of the games on steam. x Please thank me if you've used one of the codes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

COYVB wrote: »
    origin being painfully slow for anyone else?

They probably never expected to be this popular! :pac:

Hah, perhaps I am - and it's great that the initial moneys go to charity.

There's a lot of stuff in there that doesn't have microtransactions, that's true.

I'm a cynical f*cker though. I'd never believe a company that big would do it for completely altruistic reasons, and I can only see microtransactions\other DLC as their "this is how it'll work for us" thinking.

I still went ahead and got it though, so I'll park my reservations and simply go with the "great value" reply.
    It's a tax write off for them

• Registered Users Posts: 12 RealmOfFlames

Has anyone had any issues redeeming the Origin games? My lOrigin account hangs before i can enter the code

• Advertisement

Has anyone had any issues redeeming the Origin games? My lOrigin account hangs before i can enter the code

Same as me

Lamposts wrote: »

Enjoy LADS! I have most of the games on steam. x Please thank me if you've used one of the codes.

It seems like you've misunderstood the point of the Humble Bundle.

Yeah, it won't let me redeem my games at all on Origin. Steam works fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Lyrical

Great offer thanks OP :) just after getting it.Probably a newbie question I never heard of Origin before if I'm honest just wondering is there any issues with it before I download it?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Lyrical wrote: »
    Great offer thanks OP :) just after getting it.Probably a newbie question I never heard of Origin before if I'm honest just wondering is there any issues with it before I download it?

Personally no but the Origin servers are under heavy load right now, some people cannot activate the games.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Sweet - just grabbed it. Insane value, was so close to getting Battlefield 3 on Amazon for $9.99 so many times!

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭gouche

They probably never expected to be this popular! :pac:

I'd bet this is exactly how popular they were hoping it would be.
    Great way to drive traffic to Origin.

Hadn't used it in so long I'd forgotten I had an account!
    I'll definitely have a look around the store while I wait for my games to download.
    Won't necessarily buy anything today but I might consider more in the future now it's fresh in my mind - I'm sure many other people will feel the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

EA gives AAA titles away for practically free

Everything goes to charity

5 of the 8 games can be activated on their competitors platform

"they must be up to something evil"

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭gouche

Geez, it is painfully slow alright though!

Jonny7 wrote: »
    EA gives AAA titles away for practically free
    Everything goes to charity
    5 of the 8 games can be activated on their competitors platform
    "they must be up to something evil"

Ah here, I never said evil. Just that they wouldn't be doing it if they weren't expecting to make money somehow. I think the same of all large companies, not just EA and not just in games. I don't blame them for wanting to make money by the way, it's what they're in business for after all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

I'm going to get flamed for this.

Are these streamed games?
    if yes could two people play Battlefield 3 from different PC's with the same license?

Advertisement