Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insane EA Humble Bundle

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

siochain wrote: »
    I'm going to get flamed for this.

Are these streamed games?
    if yes could two people play Battlefield 3 from different PC's with the same license?

Not streamed.

You purchase a key per game, which needs to be registered to an account. An account cannot be logged onto multiple pcs at the same time.

• And again..

OMG 1 Doller

WINNING

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭HibernianRunner

I paid 5 dollers. Worth it for battlefield3 alone. So had to try origin and well it stuck on a loading screen when I wanted to redeem a key.
    After a few attempts its working and BF3 is downloading at last.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I paid 5 dollers. Worth it for battlefield3 alone. So had to try origin and well it stuck on a loading screen when I wanted to redeem a key.
    After a few attempts its working and BF3 is downloading at last.
    I've given up trying to redeem any Origin keys tonight - will try again tomorrow. What. A. Deal!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It's a pretty fantastic offer, and fair play to EA for giving all the proceeds to humble or charity. I wouldn't be their biggest fan, and this is probably to score them some points with their customers / press, but either way...fair play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,167 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

really says something that this bundle is going the humble route just for being on Origin :p

I still can't redeem any games on Origin. Have redeemed Burnout on Steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Ah here, I never said evil. Just that they wouldn't be doing it if they weren't expecting to make money somehow. I think the same of all large companies, not just EA and not just in games. I don't blame them for wanting to make money by the way, it's what they're in business for after all.

There is a new way of thinking in the industry not just with these bundles but also with things like PS+. Some times building your audience for short term loss is good for long term gain especially if you deliver franchises.

Pay Day 2 being a good example, I don't think PD1 sold all that well even though it was kinda well received, loads of new players got it on PS+ this then led them to buy PD2 which was recently reported to be profitable before it was even released.

Looking at the number of bundles sold it is building the audience for Battlefield, The Sims and Mirrors Edge who have sequels coming soon. Burnout, Crysis and Dead Space are still options to get further games just nothing planned right now, and maybe Medal of Honor will peek interest and get people to pick up Warfighter which despite the reviews is a quality game on PC.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

About to hit $2m :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

dead space 2 bound to be added later anyway, seems very odd to have 1 and 3, unless they're hoping people will buy 2 to complete the series

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

Fantastic deal, gotta love being a PC gamer :)

I'm not a fan of Origin but I still opted for the full set of games because all the money was going to charity.
    EA do deserve kudos for doing that, they could easily have pocketed a nice few million out of it.

Anyway, I'm testing out Windows 8.1 for a while so I may just try out BF3 on Origin and see what it's like now.
    Mission accomplished EA, damn you, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Hmm, big Origin promotion I assume? EA hardly need more exposure on most of those franchises. Good deal, pity there's not a single game there I'd play that I don't already own.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Of course it's an Origin promotion, getting the software installed on more machines and all that with a few games that have made their money. But it's a promotion that massively benefits the player / consumer, and also channels money (currently a lot of money) into worthy causes.

Gamers are a naturally cynical bunch, often illustrating a remarkable ability to completely misinterpret, vilify or overreact (I think we can all point to countless examples of that). Sometimes, though, a good deal is simply a good deal, and the minor conditions are overwhelmed by the positives. If EA were directly profiting from this, Id be a tad more skeptical. As is, it's a remarkably generous promotion - a promotion, yes, but one of the most intelligent and beneficial I've seen a major publisher engage in.

Hands up - I was initially wary and, yup, cynical when big publishers started using Humble, thought it was an indie advocate selling out a bit (and sadly no Mac / Linux support, which had been a particularly worthy Humble feature). But really, deals like this are pretty much a win for everyone involved. Except, y'know, anyone without a beefy PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Of course it's an Origin promotion, getting the software installed on more machines and all that with a few games that have made their money. But it's a promotion that massively benefits the player / consumer, and also channels money (currently a lot of money) into worthy causes.

Gamers are a naturally cynical bunch, often illustrating a remarkable ability to completely misinterpret or vilify. Sometimes, though, a good deal is simply a good deal, and the minor conditions are overwhelmed by the positives. If EA were directly profiting from this, Id be a tad more skeptical. As is, it's a remarkably generous promotion - a promotion, yes, but one of the most intelligent and beneficial I've seen a major publisher engage in.

Vilify? That cynical comment seems to be a self-fulfilling prophesy before the sentence ended. :p

Personally I don't like Origin much mainly because I dislike being forced to use multiple launchers for games rather than having a choice of which to use (I remember the early days of DD which were a mess, I swear there are games which I own 3 or 4 licences for due to different storefronts/launchers/etc). I don't think it's evil or anything though, nor do I particularly expect EA to give away games for no return at all, so the promoting comment wasn't meant negatively.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,167 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Some times building your audience for short term loss is good for long term gain especially if you deliver franchises.
    I've only been preaching that for the last Ten Years. But now they listen :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Jericho.

Jonny7 wrote: »
    EA gives AAA titles away for practically free

Everything goes to charity

5 of the 8 games can be activated on their competitors platform

"they must be up to something evil"

Getting people to sign up to origin. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Hey if Nazism gave me dead space 3 for 5 euro so i could complete the trilogy then id consider the evil for a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Jericho. wrote: »
    Getting people to sign up to origin. :rolleyes:

or they're writing off the origin face value of each game sold ($199.92) as a very cleaver tax move. At the time of posting this, that'll mean they'll be getting $12m in tax credits

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

COYVB wrote: »
    or they're writing off the origin face value of each game sold ($199.92) as a very cleaver tax move. At the time of posting this, that'll mean they'll be getting $119,297,062.82 in tax credits - that's 2 major games funded with the money they now DON'T have to pay the government out of their revenue for the year

It's also a **** load of much needed money to some very worthy charities.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Lamposts wrote: »
    Dead Space Origin Key
    A6H9-PEKJ-26RV-FHGL-CHTK
    Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box Origin Key
    HJPX-H56H-KBVC-DMUX-85FR
    Crysis 2 Maximum Edition Origin Key
    AMP7-5RE6-5YUP-J5K8-78GM
    Dead Space 3 Origin Key
    BAYQ-PHBZ-38XJ-B79M-DE7P
    Medal of Honor Origin Key
    F8YQ-LBV3-XAXF-3R4U-RK7R
    Mirror's Edge Origin Key
    DQPX-T8VN-FJVS-SY8Q-QLV2
    Sims 3 Starter Pack Origin Key
    5VB3-NFSZ-BEYA-UBSX

Enjoy LADS! I have most of the games on steam. x Please thank me if you've used one of the codes.

Aww someone already used The Sims code :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

There is a new way of thinking in the industry not just with these bundles but also with things like PS+. Some times building your audience for short term loss is good for long term gain especially if you deliver franchises.

Looking at the number of bundles sold it is building the audience for Battlefield, The Sims and Mirrors Edge who have sequels coming soon. Burnout, Crysis and Dead Space are still options to get further games just nothing planned right now, and maybe Medal of Honor will peek interest and get people to pick up Warfighter which despite the reviews is a quality game on PC.

They're some good points, I'd not thought about it that way when looking for the advantage. Plus, I suppose, the increase in Origin usage as someone else pointed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

If anyone has spare keys, could you keep it to PMs please. Someone said a while ago that there's bots probably sweeping the site looking for keys so they'd be gone before forum members get them a lot of the time. They're your keys, so you can do as you wish, but they're less likely to reach the target audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

This is a fantastic deal and fairplay to EA. It is also a very tactful move and makes a lot of business sense as well.

All these titles have sequels coming out soon or at least in the pipeline and a lot of them are heavy on DLC (BF3 + The Sims) while Dead Space 3 has micro-transactions and the absence of 2 to complete the collection. Then there's the obvious benefit of getting more people onto Origin.

In the long run this will benefit EA financially while they reap the rewards of all the great publicity for giving all proceeds to charity. Fair play, a very smart move and a great deal for gamers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

why didnt they add dead space 2 :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Is the Sims 3 worth grabbing?
    Never bothered with any of the sims games before.

They might add it as a bonus halfway through.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 397 ✭✭welkin

Cheers. 6$ for Dead space 3, thats all i needed. the rest of games are spare.

You could have gotten dead space 3 for just $1 actually

• Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

can i redeem each game on origin and steam?

You can get all of them on origin and some on steam. It tells you which one on the homepage. Look for the steam logo beneath each game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

welkin wrote: »
    You could have gotten dead space 3 for just $1 actually

I am not a Dick though... :rolleyes:

P.S. Did anyone managed redeem at least one game lol?

Advertisement