Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overseas Player Watch

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

• Registered Users Posts: 23,731 ✭✭✭✭phog

Danny Barnes starting at 13 tonight for Newcastle v Bath who will have Stringer at 9

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Hope he does well.

Natural successor to BOD right there :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭iamjenko

Fireball07 wrote: »
    Hope he does well.

Natural successor to BOD right there :pac:

I think Stringer has missed his chance to replace BOD tbf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭FrannoFan

Peter Lydon from Kilkenny doing well at stade, article about him in "the score" got game time off the bench in two games so far(can't link from iPad.)

• Advertisement

TOL captains London Irish today in their game v Saracens.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,178 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Rough start for LI as they were well beaten at home 42-20 by Saracens but most games won't be as tough as playing a pretty full strength Saracens in a neutral ground. Interestingly, Sheridan got the full 80 minutes at inside centre. Great to have an Irish guy getting a good run there at a high level. If he can finally get a run injury free, he will hopefully end up playing back in this country. He's fairly tailor made as a replacement for Downey, to be honest, but has more pace than JD and is bigger again. Only just turned 24 at the start of the summer so a couple of seasons getting good experience at LI could be great for him.

iHumph and TOL featured too. No real idea how any of them played, to be honest. Stats suggest none of them set the world alight but Sheridan appeared to make some yards and made all his tackles based on available stats.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Jamie Hagan?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Buer wrote: »
    iHumph and TOL featured too. No real idea how any of them played,

TOL was alright. Main thing that stood out against him, was he kept on pointing to who he intended to pass to on his way to a ruck. When he didn't he was facing the way he was going to pass by the time he got there too. Commentators kept going on about how Sarries didn't commit to the rucks, without stating it's because TOL was telling'em where the ball was going anyway. Other than that, he was involved in quite a few tackles.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,178 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Morf wrote: »
    Jamie Hagan?

I believe Jamie went off injured against Munster in their last pre-season friendly and thus wasn't involved today. I'll be keeping a keen eye out for the lad though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I've heard they really like the potential of the ES, Armitage center partnership, they're just looking for Sheridan to add an extra dimension to his game if he's going to emerge as really AP standard.

Supposedly IHumph and TOL were pretty poor tonight (I didn't see it, just going on hearsay)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭ambid

Buer wrote: »
    I believe Jamie went off injured against Munster in their last pre-season friendly and thus wasn't involved today. I'll be keeping a keen eye out for the lad though.

Yep - he's due back late September.

http://www.london-irish.com/Injuries

Niall Morris has really matured into that Leicester team. Really top player.

Looks great at 15 too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭jamiedav2011

Niall Morris has really matured into that Leicester team. Really top player.

Looks great at 15 too.

He's always been a fave of mine, would be a huge signing for us if we could get him back.

Has another 2 years on contract though doesn't he?

I've heard they really like the potential of the ES, Armitage center partnership, they're just looking for Sheridan to add an extra dimension to his game if he's going to emerge as really AP standard.

Supposedly IHumph and TOL were pretty poor tonight (I didn't see it, just going on hearsay)

In fairness to them as half backs, their pack was on the back foot all day, Sarries fairly dominated up front

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭lurtz

Peter Osborne,first five from Newbridge college and Naas RFC gone to Tigers. Not sure if trial or academy or what

lurtz wrote: »
    Peter Osborne,first five from Newbridge college and Naas RFC gone to Tigers. Not sure if trial or academy or what

The Geordan Murphy connection

An update on the Irish involvement in French rugby over the weekend:

By Murray Kinsella on Facebook or Twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Beery Eyed

Highlights from the London Irish match at the weekend are up on the Premiership's YouTube page. Same as with the Rabo page, they seem to update it within a day or two & it's nice to be able to see the tries.

Sheridan had two good offloads in the lead up to Yarde's two tries. He really does look like a huge man & it's great to see him playing regularly & without injuries hampering him. O'Leary & Humphrey's also played in the match

http://www.thescore.ie/irish-players-abroad-france-1096132-Sep2013/

How Irish players in France fared this weekend past

• Advertisement

Jeremy Davidson to Clermont is an interesting rumour

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭RuPi

Jerry Cronin and Danny Kenny both playing for London Irish A

jerry cronin is he the munster or the ulster prop?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

The Boy Sheridan is a Monster!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

He wouldn't look out of place in the Irish backrow:

POM: 6'3 and 108kg
    SOB: 6'2 and 108kg
    Heaslip: 6'4 and 109kg

Sheridan: 6'4 and 108kg

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭RuPi

lurtz wrote: »
    jerry cronin is he the munster or the ulster prop?

Was with ulster then had a season with Doncaster

hes a complete mutant,tore his pec warming up on 150 on the bench

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Beery Eyed

Any big performances from the lads abroad over the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

Murray Kinsella did a good write-up of the players in France.

http://www.thescore.ie/irish-players-abroad-rugby-1107616-Sep2013/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

Not a player, but ex Munster man, Paul Burke is doing well at Leicester.
    He's normally the backs coach, but with Cockerill being suspended for 9 games, he's head coach on matchday & doing a good job so far.

Advertisement