Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inappropriate hugs

Options
124»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Yellow121

Rasheed wrote: »
    Ohh challenge accepted! If I catch you I'm impounding your ass.

My ass is a good mover, you wont be catching us easy.
    We move by night,
    we sleep by day,
    we scheem and plan,
    make our enemies pay!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

pharmaton wrote: »
    can someone make it stop?
    Yellow121 wrote: »
    My ass is a good mover, you wont be catching us easy.
    We move by night,
    we sleep by day,
    we scheem and plan,
    make our enemies pay!

It's all gone wrong :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

cantdecide wrote: »
    It's all gone wrong :pac:
    yellow does know Rasheed is a 28 stone South African guy with a beard and hairy back right?

yellow does know Rasheed is a 28 stone South African guy with a beard and hairy back right?

My ass is the only company I need.

tell us how you hug your ass

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Silage bales, pits, hay? I grew up in the country and all and never realised any of these things!

"Silage" was just the nauseating smell that came in the windows of the already roasting yellow school bus as we travelled back to school around September? That half hour journey we were luc
    ky we hadn't passed out by the time we got to school! :(

Stop. You're ruining Rasheed and yellow121's buzz:).

tell us how you hug your ass

I hug it with a smile on me face and a twinkle in me eye.

Mariasofia wrote: »
    Stop. You're ruining Rasheed and yellow121's buzz:).

I've no doubt the two guys have a wonderful future together and hopefully they will continue buzzing with each other in private through the wonderful messaging system boards has provided for members interested in hugging each others members

I'm going to allow it...

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Norwesterner

Was visiting a dying relative in hospital last year, and it was just me and the comatosed relative in the room....and a nurse checking some reports etc.
    I was in deep meditation and remembering some good moments between the two of us, and I suppose I looked like I was going to cry. But I felt really calm and strangely wanted to cry silently to let out some stress.
    I was in another place. A peaceful moment.
    Then the Nurse, obviously saw my eyes welling up came over and said "You look like you need a hug" and hugged me.
    I've no idea if this is some kind of new policy, but I didn't need a hug or a chat.
    I wanted some privacy and time to reflect. I obviously didn't tell her that and said "Thanks"
    Anyway, the hug threw me altogether, and I personally didn't want it.

• Advertisement

Was visiting a dying relative in hospital last year, and it was just me and the comatosed relative in the room....and a nurse checking some reports etc.
    I was in deep meditation and remembering some good moments between the two of us, and I suppose I looked like I was going to cry. But I felt really calm and strangely wanted to cry silently to let out some stress.
    I was in another place. A peaceful moment.
    Then the Nurse, obviously saw my eyes welling up came over and said "You look like you need a hug" and hugged me.
    I've no idea if this is some kind of new policy, but I didn't need a hug or a chat.
    I wanted some privacy and time to reflect. I obviously didn't tell her that and said "Thanks"
    Anyway, the hug threw me altogether, and I personally didn't want it.

It's unfortunate that that's the way you felt because I think it was a lovely gesture.

Where's that conniving Rasheed gone? It's a trap, time to move me ass.

I've no doubt the two guys have a wonderful future together and hopefully they will continue buzzing with each other in private through the wonderful messaging system boards has provided for members interested in hugging each others members

What is this wonderful messaging system you speakl of??

What is this wonderful messaging system you speakl of??

they call it private messaging, it's an amazing system where people can write to each other privately and no one else can see what they are saying!

It's unfortunate that that's the way you felt because I think it was a lovely gesture.

a lot of people in that kind of situation don't want to be interrupted, sometimes a hug can be jarring to the system and I can understand the place Norwestern was in and why it might have felt intrusive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

Yellow121 wrote: »
    Where's that conniving Rasheed gone? It's a trap, time to move me ass.

I'm loading up the shot gun in case you appear. Anyway we better stop or everyone will want a piece of your ass. Ill be watching though, waiting.

a lot of people in that kind of situation don't want to be interrupted, sometimes a hug can be jarring to the system and I can understand the place Norwestern was in and why it might have felt intrusive.

Sure. It's a judgement call on the nurse's part and it was obviously a wrong one but I think it would be worse if they didn't or weren't permitted.

Rasheed wrote: »
    I'm loading up the shot gun in case you appear. Anyway we better stop or everyone will want a piece of your ass. Ill be watching though, waiting.

Right, I'll hold me whist. I'll only appear when you're sleeping!

Tip toe, as quiet as a mouse,
    Me and me ass are in your house,
    Have sweet dreams as you sleep,
    All about, your nightmare creeps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Hugs are easy for women towards both genders, but there's this stigma of men doing it - specially with other men.

I'm male.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Norwesterner

Sure. It's a judgement call on the nurse's part and it was obviously a wrong one but I think it would be worse if they didn't or weren't permitted.
    It may be a Male/Female thing.
    We all deal with death and dying in different ways I suppose.
    It was a nice gesture on her part, but I felt uncomfortable and awkward.
    Like I'd been awoken from a sweet dream.
    May even be a generational thing.

true, not that I'm touting for nurse hugs mind but many of them work hands on with patients and are as affected by loss as the rest of us so sometimes a good mutual hug at the end of the day, when it's all over with is good for everyone.

they call it private messaging, it's an amazing system where people can write to each other privately and no one else can see what they are saying!

Ah....im too boring to get one of them :):(

Ah....im too boring to get one of them :):(

*hug*

*hug*

Appropriate yes .......great :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭travis1976

I'm currently hating hugs and cuddles in support of ihatecuddles..

Advertisement