Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inappropriate hugs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

pharmaton wrote: »
    gack, whatever about hugging I hate the arm touching feeling thing. I'm getting the shivers just thinking about it. I worked with a girl who couldn't talk about something without placing her hand on my arm, inevitably the "something" always turned out to be something gossipy and her creepy hand gesture was like a slimey way to engage her bull****osophy.
    I suppose it depends on who's doing the hugging/touching. (nurse touched my arm today and it was comforting so that's ok)

Urgh. I feel for you. I was talking to one of these women recently and every time she grabbed by elbow I took a step backward. We must have looked ridiculous, me backing across the office with her following me, completely oblivious.
    Yellow121 wrote: »
    That's the trouble with being irresistible isn't it kylith? They just can't keep their hands off people like you and me.

I wish they bloody would, if I were working there for much longer I'd probably snap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

kylith wrote: »
    Urgh. I feel for you. I was talking to one of these women recently and every time she grabbed by elbow I took a step backward. We must have looked ridiculous, me backing across the office with her following me, completely oblivious.
    and all you want to do is scream "stop touching me!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

Nothing like a good hug!! Boner hugs are deadly cause ya know whats coming next :)

A courtcase?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

Keith wrote: »
    A courtcase?

Out of the workplace hugs !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

There isn't a problem in the world that can't be sorted out by hugs.

"Let's hug it out bro!"

Of course some of those problems are quite involved, long-running and serious so they may require hugs of considerable length that some people may deem 'inappropriate'.

I dunno though, if Israel and Palestine could just hug for say the next 40 years or so I'd say we'd see the end of that conflict.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

It depends really who I'm meeting tbh, and it'll vary then between no physical contact, a handshake, a hug, or a kiss (not a full on frenchie or anything... :D), but there's this new thing now seems to be gaining popularity among men is the handshake before the shoulder to shoulder bit, or how to describe it I'm not quite sure but I know it when I see it, and for whatever reason it bugs the shìt out of me because it's so fake, like they picked it up on tv or something.

I wouldn't knee a guy in the balls for doing it or anything, but I'm just breaking away sooner because it gives me a woeful twitchy eyeball! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

This reminds me of a story, albeit, a non related hug story.

I was helping some elderly neighbours of mine with something. I don't know them particularly well. Anyhow, during the course of helping them I burnt my wrist. The lady insisted on applying TCP to the wound. I put out my hand and she step forward, planting one of her big bosoms squarely onto the palm of my hand.

Was I to move my hand making it completely obvious or just grin and bear it. Talk about awkward.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

the man with the 10 stone testicles had to ponder this question every time he hugged someone.

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    There isn't a problem in the world that can't be sorted out by hugs.

"Let's hug it out bro!"

NO :mad:

And that also goes for dude, homeboy, homeslice, brother from another mother, or any of the many variations of "coolspeak".

Czarcasm wrote: »
    NO :mad:

And that also goes for dude, homeboy, homeslice, brother from another mother, or any of the many variations of "coolspeak".

Take a chill pill, Amigo.

• Advertisement

This reminds me of a story, albeit, a non related hug story.

I was helping some elderly neighbours of mine with something. I don't know them particularly well. Anyhow, during the course of helping them I burnt my wrist. The lady insisted on applying TCP to the wound. I put out my hand and she step forward, planting one of her big bosoms squarely onto the palm of my hand.

Was I to move my hand making it completely obvious or just grin and bear it. Talk about awkward.

Friction burns on the palms of your hands that night then! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

When Chelsea won the UCL in 2012 my mate hugged me for a full minute or 2 ... it was amazing .... he was there for the scandal of stamford bridge in 2009 and he promised me Chelsea would get their revenge and the title ....

amazing stuff...

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Friction burns on the palms of your hands that night then! :D

She did suspiciously invite me around after, while her husband was out getting his gout looked at.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭MusicalMelody

Eh what about the awkward them sitting down and hugging you while your standing up = A boob hug...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

I've recently been upgraded to "hugs approved" status by the gf of a good friend of mine, who i would now also call a friend.

Hugs still feel weird off her.

She did suspiciously invite me around after, while her husband was out getting his gout looked at.

I was about to say "Too much Mickey, too much", but then I realised how that could be misinterpreted too... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Only hug if both parties are going for it. Nothing worst than getting hugged by someone and not having your arms open. You become stuck and the only way free is if they let you go

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

The worst are the "free hugs" types who think its like sooo random and kooky to randomly hug strangers at random, randomly, sometimes with a sign saying "free hugs", makes me want to reciprocate with a "free punch to the trachea" sign. **** off you hippy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

There's a particular friend of mine that I'd always wanted to ask out. She's wonderful but I just never met her when she was single. Eventually, after not seeing her for about a year and a half and knowing she had been single in or around the time I had last seen her, I just decided to grab the bull by the horns and ask her if she were single and would she let me take her out before I couldn't genuinely say I didn't know what her current marital status was.

Well she had been seeing someone for about 8 or 9 months but hell, I got something off my chest I'd wanted to for a long time. I could see she was glad of the excuse even though there is mutual good will and admiration. The night wore on and we both knew it had been a less than typical night and as we parted, knowing it may quite a while before a reunion, the world's most awkward hug ensued. It dragged on too long and way too squeezey. I think she wanted a hole in the ground to open up!

Rasheed wrote: »
    Most inappropriate hug I ever had was from an aul fella I know. I was sitting in the car and he came over the the window. He leaned in to hug me 'Oh you're a lovely girl, you were the best nurse to me in that hospital'. Then he full on grabbed my left tit in the process of his 'hug'. Dirty hoor.

One of these days, we're going to watching the sit-com that is your life on TV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

cantdecide wrote: »
    One of these days, we're going to watching the sit-com that is your life on TV

Ha! It'd be a mix of Glenroe and Friends I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

The worst are the "free hugs" types who think its like sooo random and kooky to randomly hug strangers at random, randomly, sometimes with a sign saying "free hugs", makes me want to reciprocate with a "free punch to the trachea" sign. **** off you hippy.
    Saw some of them in town the other day, looking decidedly awkward, shilling hugs just to get close to someone.
    Hugs should be spontaneously offered and accepted, not pimped or solicited.

"Free shake your hand" is equally valueless

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Yellow121

Ha! It'd be a mix of Glenroe and Friends I think.

Miley feeling you up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

when i see my friends we always give each other a hug its like allright brov whats the story hug/smack on the back... Normal in my world

Miley feeling you up?

My fondler was a bit like Miley. Greasy farmer with a roving eye. I'm no Fidelma though.

My fondler was a bit like Miley. Greasy farmer with a roving eye. I'm no Fidelma though.

:( No curly red hair? Are ya like Biddy?

:( No curly red hair? Are ya like Biddy?

I meant I'm not loose like Fidelma! Rolling in the hay is too prickly and you could get mites in uncomfortable places. Have the curly hair though.

I meant I'm not loose like Fidelma! Rolling in the hay is too prickly and you could get mites in uncomfortable places. Have the curly hair though.

:D Oh I get it now. You wouldn't touch Miley with a barge poll. Are you one of them city girls? Too fancy to shag in the hay. You should feel lucky there's hay there, or else you'd be rolling in shit.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I give people I like head-noogies. Seems to be working well thus far. :cool:

It's been a while since I got a hug in a hayshed (like square bales a while), but am I mistaken in thinking it was straw rather than hay bales? Because this stuff was soft rather than prickly... :o

EDIT: The reason I ask is because I remember baling hay, and it's called a hay shed... hence the confusion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

My favorite awkward hug moment! :D

Advertisement