Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two Canadian tourists shoot fantastic video of their Irish holiday

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭Wompa1

This brought tears to my eyes. That's it, I'm moving to the Isle of Man!

Seriously though, I am homesick and I travelled around Ireland a good bit when I lived there. It doesn't make me cry but they did a good job, production qualities were top class. Bunratty did look ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Great video, but no killarney or west cork:eek: shur they missed out on the most beautiful part of the country

Killarney and the Kerry Ring have been destroyed by massive safety barriers, who wants to see concrete bollards every inch of the roadway. I used to visit a lot, I doubt I'll be back ever TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Anita Blow

Nice video but you could equally make one showing the downside of the tourism 'product' as the Failte Ireland executives refer to it. As for the comment somebody made about how it's all very well for private individuals to make a long video about the beauty of Ireland but Failte Ireland have to get the message across in short ads. :rolleyes: Failte Ireland/Tourism Ireland etc. are free to flood the internet with high quality videos if they so wished but they can't be arsed. Here's one for the Isle of Man produced by their government - can somebody put up a Failte Ireland one? The difference is that the IoM have proportionally more quality visitor attractions packed into their 221 square miles than Ireland can dream of and, yes, they have great scenery and pubs too! A distinct lack of scobies is another attraction. :D

I'd say they do a pretty good job in this 90 sec ad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭yer man!

conorhal wrote: »
    I was irritated to see that the've started charging to go down to the clifs of Moher though, it used to be free if you rocked up on a bus.

Let everyone off at the gate and go in and park yourself, they charge per person for a car. I've never paid for the cliffs, but I've a different way o doing it that is legal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

They seem like a lovely couple.

I actually tried to watch it again this morning but got too sad. :(

Don't think I could watch it again, I'd be a panda eyed mess if I did!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭thisNthat

kowloon wrote: »
    Saw this a week or two ago, couldn't help but think our tourist board should be trying to buy the rights to this video.

and then the Irish tourist board would chop and change it and F*** it up into a cheesy predictable Failte Ireland video.
    That video is better than any Failte Ireland video ever made, I live in Ireland and I'm embarrassed to say I haven't visited as many places as these guys have in 3 weeks :(
    Excellent video guys, absolutely brilliant. Thanks :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Anita Blow wrote: »
    I'd say they do a pretty good job in this 90 sec ad

Wouldn't impress me, I like a bit more substance in my holidays and the touchy, feely stuff under the table is a bit sad - is the suggestion that it's only by coming to Ireland on holiday that people can get nooky dessert? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,723 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Wouldn't impress me, I like a bit more substance in my holidays and the touchy, feely stuff under the table is a bit sad - is the suggestion that it's only by coming to Ireland on holiday that people can get nooky dessert? :D

Ara no harm in a bit of kissing 'n cuddling, sure aren't we a sexy bunch of people ourselves!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Great gesture. In before the "taxpayers money" gripes!

It's an amazing gesture, getting that couple back here, will be worth more than their flights over and their accommodation. I'm almost proud of the tourist board for thinking of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Panthro wrote: »
    (Not your typical After Hours thread)

Whipped from the Joe.ie website.
    A truly lovely video of our Island as seen through the eyes of two Canadian tourists as they traveled round over the course of a fortnight. If you have a spare 19 mins or so you should have a look.

http://vimeo.com/stephenparker/afortnightplushalf

As they travelled across the island with a camera that can only record in 5 second bursts

Also, thats music is ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭BrensBenz

I once explained to some Canadians that when God had enough practice at making mountains, rivers, valleys, lakes, beaches, waterfalls, woodland, etc. elsewhere, He decided to put all His new skills on display in one small masterpiece place, i.e. Ireland. The Canadians, a reserved, polite bunch of people, listened intently to this revelation and eventually offered an alternative scenario, i.e. when He finished making the Arctic, God caught a cold, sneezed, and didn't clean up the green goop from the North Atlantic.

I think my theory is correct......most of the time. Pity He forgot to fence it in, though. Thousands of whiny b@$t@rd$ snuck in from the Whineland and their descendents are still whining.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Great country if you could roof it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Great gesture. In before the "taxpayers money" gripes!
    Actually I was thinking "great gesture but surely they've already seen everything?"

Reminds me of a friend who won a safari holiday in Kenya 6 months after coming home from the safari holiday of his dreams. It was a bit lost on him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Look like a couple of saps

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Actually I was thinking "great gesture but surely they've already seen everything?"

The article mentions that both have ancestry here and that they'll be assisted in tracing their roots here, that's the great gesture.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,723 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Bambi wrote: »
    As they travelled across the island with a camera that can only record in 5 second bursts

Also, thats music is ****e

Well now, aren't you a barrel of laughs.
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Haven't read the full thread, but just after 4 minutes with the sheep I just couldn't stop laughing.

Great video so far anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

thisNthat wrote: »
    and then the Irish tourist board would chop and change it and F*** it up into a cheesy predictable Failte Ireland video.

Those howling harpies on guitars on one of their recent ad campaigns really did my head in. Sounded like a pair of cats, on fire, scratching a blackboard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

2653 kilometers in a Micra ..... Oh god ...

Lovely video though!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

Stinicker wrote: »

There is absolutely nothing positive I can say about the country with the exception of GAA which is the only thing enjoyable here.

Excellent trolling, the GAA is one of the many aspects of this country that we should be proud of, but there is no better place to be on a fine day.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Great video, thanks for sharing.

The saw more of the country in two and a half weeks than I've seen in 27 years. I need to get out and explore more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Those howling harpies on guitars on one of their recent ad campaigns really did my head in. Sounded like a pair of cats, on fire, scratching a blackboard.

And still you laugh at me. Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Nice vid indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Nice video, cant believe they skipped Donegal though!

Advertisement