Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two Canadian tourists shoot fantastic video of their Irish holiday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

Where's the aquarium?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Stinicker wrote: »
    neither of this are true; Ireland right now is a corrupt cesspit with no opportunitys and it has the most miserable unbearable weather going.

How exactly do you define "opportunity"? If you are talking about jobs, people come from all over Europe to work for Google, Facebook, Twitter, etc.

If you are talking about starting up a business it's as good as anywhere else in Europe.

If you talking about the Arts or Sports, we do very well considering our population.

So what opportunites do you feel a missing compared to other countries?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

krudler wrote: »
    You know for all the bitching and whinging Irish people do about our weather, our economy, our government etc. Sometimes you need someone not from here to remind you that we live on a fcuking beautiful little part of the world.

Youtube can make a shi-tty football player look good ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

stoneill wrote: »
    Where's the aquarium?

Dingle in Kerry I think.
    Bunratty looks like awful sh!te altogether

♫ And when Oirish oieyes arrr smilin', dee diddly dee-dee-dii. ♫

:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Frank Lee Midere

Great, lovely video!

But that Bunratty looks like awful sh!te altogether

That's the bit I thought "would never do". The rest I have done or hope to.

I liked the video, so much better than a chronological account. I also like that the girl seemed non-plussed by the bits I would have disliked. Singing in Irish pubs can be great but -Jesus - we sing such maudlin crap.

Otherwise they had fun. It seems exhausting though.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 71 ✭✭Fratoue

Nice video but they probably spent about €8,000 in those two weeks in this robbing bastard of a country.

Car rentals, food, drink, rip off hotels, entrances to things (even charge to visit the Blarney Castle).

Vid makes Ireland look great but good look remortgaging the house for a trip like that as to do something similar in Germany even Italy be a lot less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Great, lovely video!

Was that not Blarney Castle?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Yellow121

Ireland is a beautiful country. So many amazing places to see, sights that would make your heart smile. Millions of friendly faces all across our Island, generous soles. Numerous landmarks and illustrations that describe our extremely interesting and colourful history. Our own indigenous sports, hurling and football are great to watch. Our own gorgeous language. Some sublime musicians, everyone from the superstars to traditional bands all round the country. Pubs where you can laugh and sing and converse with all sorts of people and characters.

There's no other place in the World like Ireland. It's the greatest country on Earth!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Fratoue wrote: »

Nice video but they probably spent about €8,000 in those two weeks in this robbing bastard of a country.

Car rentals, food, drink, rip off hotels, entrances to things (even charge to visit the Blarney Castle).

Vid makes Ireland look great but good look remortgaging the house for a trip like that as to do something similar in Germany even Italy be a lot less.

Most people have 1 "trip of a lifetime"..this was probably theirs.
    How much would you spend on yours...if you planned one??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

The video is pretty awesome, Vimeo is streets ahead of trashTube, recommended if one wants to see their productions in original quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Great, lovely video!

Its far from it.

For about 50euro you get a 4 course meal with drink (mead) and great entertainment. Yes, its stage Irish, but thats what tourists want and expect in such a setting.

It so far from being sh!te that the banquets have been going since 1963 with 2 sittings every night.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭daithi1970

Yes it is nice for a holiday but if they tried living here I'm sure they'd have plenty other less positive viewpoints on this country. Everybody thinksIreland is the best country in the world and that everybody loves Irish people; neither of this are true; Ireland right now is a corrupt cesspit with no opportunitys and it has the most miserable unbearable weather going.

People rejoicing as if it was the second coming last month because they got 2 weeks of nice warm weather, for most other countries this is normal as is the fact that your children will have a future in the country they were born in; Ireland has nothing to offer except corruption and rip-off prices. Those two Canadians were not doubt fleeced on everything and look at the absolute piece of junk manure car they were given by the rental firm a Nissan Micra and it probably cost them €2k minimum to rent that thing.

There is absolutely nothing positive I can say about the country with the exception of GAA which is the only thing enjoyable here.

Try living in Haiti, or Afghanistan...or most other countries outside the developed world, for that matter...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

I was just thinking of the tens of millions wasted spent entertaining Liz Windsor and Barry O' Bama and this couple make this cracking vid for lols which will probably pull in thousands more tourists having watched it.

Are you listening Fáilte Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭caustic 1

Wow, Beautiful video.

Seems to be a lot of knocking of Failte Ireland here, I think they also do a good job showing Ireland in a good light. This video is 20 mins long, Failte Ireland have to do what they did in a very short space and they do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭aoraki

daithi1970 wrote: »
    Try living in Haiti, or Afghanistan...or most other countries outside the developed world, for that matter...

Those countries don't have the GAA (opium for tribal mucksavage gob****es), the Catholic Church (as the dominant religious organisation) or Fianna Fail (opium for tribal mucksavage gob****es), so on those counts they are already waaaay ahead of the game...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

aoraki wrote: »
    Those countries don't have the GAA (opium for tribal mucksavage gob****es), the Catholic Church (as the dominant religious organisation) or Fianna Fail (opium for tribal mucksavage gob****es), so on those counts they are already waaaay ahead of the game...

Sounds like you have your tickets booked then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

daithi1970 wrote: »

Oh don't worry, Stinicker was moralising at us about how good we have it and how we need to take a step back and appreciate Ireland not 3 weeks ago.

He seems to just like to post a bitter contrary rant when the mood takes him.

Great video. Looks like a great holiday. Hope they had a ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Those countries don't have the GAA (opium for tribal mucksavage gob****es),
    Why, oh why does every thread like this turn into a pointless tirade against the GAA? Success breeding jealousy perhaps? In fact I reckon, regardless of what people think of the sporting merits of Gaelic games, that we should use them more in tourism promotion. People like seeing local indigenous and quirky sports when they go on holidays - Thai boxing, Aussie Rules, Sumo Wrestling, Highland Games, etc. If we have a unique selling point we should utilise it.
    the Catholic Church (as the dominant religious organisation) or Fianna Fail (opium for tribal mucksavage gob****es), so on those counts they are already waaaay ahead of the game...
    Islam and the Taliban - great bunch of lads

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭aoraki

Jimoslimos wrote: »
    Why, oh why does every thread like this turn into a pointless tirade against the GAA? Success breeding jealousy perhaps? In fact I reckon, regardless of what people think of the sporting merits of Gaelic games, that we should use them more in tourism promotion. People like seeing local indigenous and quirky sports when they go on holidays - Thai boxing, Aussie Rules, Sumo Wrestling, Highland Games, etc. If we have a unique selling point we should utilise it.

I guess the truth hurts, eh? :P

I will freely admit that hurling is a great sport - fast, skillful and exciting. Gaelic football on the other hand is a makey-up monstrosity of a game.

The tirades against the GAA in general probably stem from the frankly ridiculous attitudes and carry on from some ardent GAA supporters, of which there are quite a lot of in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Anyone else piss themselves laughing at the sheep running into the post at 4:36?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

Fair play to the couple for that excellent montage. Didn't see any plate of bacon and cabbage in the clip though :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭dirtyden

I guess the truth hurts, eh? :P

I will freely admit that hurling is a great sport - fast, skillful and exciting. Gaelic football on the other hand is a makey-up monstrosity of a game.

The tirades against the GAA in general probably stem from the frankly ridiculous attitudes and carry on from some ardent GAA supporters, of which there are quite a lot of in this country.

Can you please explain what you mean here. What is this ridiculous attitude you speak of?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,703 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Anyone else piss themselves laughing at the sheep running into the post at 4:36?

I wondered what tourists think of packed pubs all going silent while someone sings a song, I'd imagine it's pretty a unique experience for the unsuspecting first timers!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

There is absolutely nothing positive I can say about the country with the exception of GAA which is the only thing enjoyable here.

Then get out and never come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

This thread reminds me of why I don't read YouTube comments after watching a video.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Yes it is nice for a holiday but if they tried living here I'm sure they'd have plenty other less positive viewpoints on this country. Everybody thinksIreland is the best country in the world and that everybody loves Irish people; neither of this are true; Ireland right now is a corrupt cesspit with no opportunitys and it has the most miserable unbearable weather going.

People rejoicing as if it was the second coming last month because they got 2 weeks of nice warm weather, for most other countries this is normal as is the fact that your children will have a future in the country they were born in; Ireland has nothing to offer except corruption and rip-off prices. Those two Canadians were not doubt fleeced on everything and look at the absolute piece of junk manure car they were given by the rental firm a Nissan Micra and it probably cost them €2k minimum to rent that thing.

I bet everyone loves you down the local.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

I felt a little homesick watching that, and I never lived abroad.

The couple that shot this video deserve credit for the music choices. Usually the tunes on these kind of things are cringe-worthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

It costs about €25 per day to rent a basic 1l car in Ireland, one of the cheapest places in the world to do so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 61 ✭✭Earthwalker

Chris Moyles isn't Canadian.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

8:19 Shnackbox

Advertisement