Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Door to door chugging

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

They call to my house. I don't answer. They go away....but then call back later. I don't answer.....they call back the next day. These guys are keeping records...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

I had a lot more sympathy for chugger types when times were hard and jobs were hard to come by. Now I don't. My home is my sanctuary and woe betide any randos who disturb me there.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Pretty sure they're called 'churglers' when they come to your home.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭wobzilla1

Used to go up to parent's house in the evenings to work out as I had all the weights etc there.
    I was just finished one evening while my parents were away when someone rang the doorbell.
    Can't remember who the guy was working for, could have been Eircom.
    Anyway, he started on about savings and asking who we were with at the minute and that sort of thing.

I told him that the homeowners were away and I didn't live there.

He turns round with a big sneer and goes "You're walking round in a vest and shorts, don't pretend you don't live here".

Just closed the door on the cúnts face

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Syphonax

I had a lot more sympathy for chugger types when times were hard and jobs were hard to come by. Now I don't. My home is my sanctuary and woe betide any randos who disturb me there.

Woe betide Do you actually start speaking to them like that when you answer the door? I nearly chug you just to hear that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭daithi1970

"...Im sorry I dont sign up to anything sold at my doorstep" is my mantra. If all else fails,I just close the door on them..

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭marcus001

I used to feel a lot of sympathy for these lads during the recession as it was the only job most young people could get easily.

Now though if they had any initiative about them they'd have a real job where they can actually produce some good or service for people rather than going door to door trying to scab from people.

Would rather give the money to a junkie. At least they have something wrong with them. Chuggers have no excuse.

Advertisement