Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#2) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

I think it's going to be

D2 Play Offs:

(5)FC PORTO - Inter(4)
    (6)Schalke - Fiorentina(3)

again, I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

I think you have it right,

A goal!

1 goal on goal difference..... Sweeeeeeeeeeet.

Seriously though commiserations to Hamburg - Johan Elmander equalised for Galatasaray in the 89th minuite to screw it up for them....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

We are the champions, we are the champions!!!

:D

Think I won it by +2 goal difference :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Very unlucky Chelsea, going down on goal difference I think.

not a good thing to see when you refresh!

fab15a8b621e0a59a5dfe8d251b25ce5.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

83 minutes played im 2 nil down and not a sniff of a chance,
    Hamburg get the goal to lead 3-2 with 5 mins to go setting them up for div 4 title,
    Johan ELMANDER (89) is my player of the season:) worth more than gareth bale at the moment:p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So, in sumation, the following are the winners of Season 1.

League One - Dortmund (MrMac)
    League Two - Newcastle (Munster Magic)
    League Three - Sao Paulo (Princess Petulia Pissy Pants)
    League Four - Club America (phobia2011)

Cup Winner - Liverpool (Daniel White)
    Shield Winner - Tottenham (TeamShadowclan)

The SMFA Cup Final is still to be played, but is between West Ham and Feyenoord, both of whom are external clubs.

The SMFA Shield Final is still to be played, and is between Tottenham (TeamShadowclan) and Valenciennes, the latter of whom is external.

Also this....
    AZ have now won 4 games in a row after beating Genoa CFC setting a new club record.

What a time to do it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

beating 3-1 by AC milan,and im broke. i dont fancy my chances next season,but i suppose im the 2nd poorest and lowest rated team in the league so.. i view staying up as an achievement.its going to be way harder next season tho.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

swoody wrote: »
    not a good thing to see when you refresh!

fab15a8b621e0a59a5dfe8d251b25ce5.png

Great timing for it to happen though;)

We are the champions, we are the champions!!!

:D

Think I won it by +2 goal difference :D

Good stuff last time i checked your standings you were slipping big time...ah the drama,it makes it all the sweeter. :D

• Advertisement

Very unlucky Chelsea, going down on goal difference I think.

Who would of thought when he left sunderland for chelsea that he would be the one going down,im sure he will be right back up though.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

Ladies and Gentlemen, there you have it...

So.. This can either go bad or horrific but here I go...

I've came 2nd in Division 1 by 1 point to Dortmund (Mr.Mac, Congratulations on the title). Some people would say I deserve to not win the title and some would just not care.

However I just want to post this to send my sincere apologies to all affected by my bad comments, smart remarks, outrages bids and outrages counter offers. I know myself I was being a complete tool but I just thought I would try 'The Bad Guy' act. Obviously it didn't work because I can't back it up at the end of the season, (although I could throughout the season when I took over from being at Standard.L).

I think I did 'ok' with Standard.L before I took over Real Madrid and I carried my 'ok' for to Real Madrid.

To win Div1 in the next season is not my only goal, I also have another one.. To turn over a new leaf with all you and be a good sports person in the 2nd season is my other goal.

Congrats to all who got promoted and made play-offs. Commiserations to the relegated and the ones who missed play-offs by a couple of points or goals.

Thanks for a good season lads,

Real Madrid Manager: Pepper

• Registered Users Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Who would of thought when he left sunderland for chelsea that he would be the one going down,im sure he will be right back up though.

I did think it was an impossible task, which was one of the reasons I didn't go for the job.

Given the condition of the players at the time and the league position I think he put up a great fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

pepper180 wrote: »
    Ladies and Gentlemen, there you have it...

So.. This can either go bad or horrific but here I go...

I've came 2nd in Division 1 by 1 point to Dortmund (Mr.Mac, Congratulations on the title). Some people would say I deserve to not win the title and some would just not care.

However I just want to post this to send my sincere apologies to all affected by my bad comments, smart remarks, outrages bids and outrages counter offers. I know myself I was being a complete tool but I just thought I would try 'The Bad Guy' act. Obviously it didn't work because I can't back it up at the end of the season, (although I could throughout the season when I took over from being at Standard.L).

I think I did 'ok' with Standard.L before I took over Real Madrid and I carried my 'ok' for to Real Madrid.

To win Div1 in the next season is not my only goal, I also have another one.. To turn over a new leaf with all you and be a good sports person in the 2nd season is my other goal.

Congrats to all who got promoted and made play-offs. Commiserations to the relegated and the ones who missed play-offs by a couple of points or goals.

Thanks for a good season lads,

Real Madrid Manager: Pepper

5m for Ronaldo??

Great timing for it to happen though ;)

Kwadwo Asamoah: Knee injury - 3 weeks (back approx 29 August 2013)

Leonardo Bonucci: Sprained ankle - 7 days (back approx 15 August 2013)

Andrea Barzagli: Twisted ankle - 4 days (back approx 12 August 2013)

:( :mad:

I did think it was an impossible task, which was one of the reasons I didn't go for the job.

Given the condition of the players at the time and the league position I think he put up a great fight.

Yeah its a shame,i wish i could of helped him by beating AC. but it wasnt to be even bayern won FFS!!

BTW....well said pepper. all the best for the new season. ;)

swoody wrote: »
    Kwadwo Asamoah: Knee injury - 3 weeks (back approx 29 August 2013)

Leonardo Bonucci: Sprained ankle - 7 days (back approx 15 August 2013)

Andrea Barzagli: Twisted ankle - 4 days (back approx 12 August 2013)

:( :mad:

I would be willing to take Bonucci off you if you don't want to be paying his medical bills:D

To be fair to Pepper - I had one direct dealing with him, and it was sorted with both of us walking away from the deal happy with the outcome. And I thank him now publicly for that!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Al Capwned wrote: »
    To be fair to Pepper - I had one direct dealing with him, and it was sorted with both of us walking away from the deal happy with the outcome. And I thank him now publicly for that!!!

Had a Barney with him myself and fair play to him, he was willing to talk it out so respect to the chap there ;)

I would be willing to take Bonucci off you if you don't want to be paying his medical bills:D

CrGYzue.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Anyone know if we can get a loan of players for the playoffs, 2 of my starting CB's are out, injured and suspended for 3 games the other!!!

Ahh...... great start!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,133 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Originally Posted Mr Blobby
    Originally Posted by batistuta9 View Post
    if i get relegated i'll join a div 4 team, only right

bayern
    Just leave this here

i was thinking about that earlier too

i think i would've just quit altogether depending on which club i would've got (i'd assume the first available - looking like CSKA Moscow) but if it was a really bad squad i'd have quit outright

i haven't the time at the minute to be spending hours looking for players to rebuild, use risers, etc. then you find out they're already snapped up, it's bad enough in some GW's with only a few players like that but this nearly takes the píss :pac:
    a few here & there, yeah but not a complete job.

Pepper, I'll take another 93-4 rated player off ya if it will show the game world how fair you actually are;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Another win, another clean sheet. Relegated by one goal's goal difference :(

Unlucky. I had one eye on your results all the way through my own match! Fantastic effort in fairness. They were all but relegated when you took over!! If that sort of form is kept up in division 4 next season you'll be in with a great shout for the league.

In other news:

Willow Murphy steered Estudiantes to victory against Stuttgart.
    Estudiantes outclassed Stuttgart and beat them 4 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.
    Zoua scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    King and Féret were also amongst the goalscorers.

It did help that we were playing against 10 men for the vast majority of the game. ((Ivan Bella you little knacker with your two footed challenges in mid air!! :P :P))

It was also yet another away win. However, I can't seem to buy a win at home!! I also changed my tactics so I'm happy out with the outcome.

Final finishing in the league for Estudiantes: 15th.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Anyone know if we can get a loan of players for the playoffs, 2 of my starting CB's are out, injured and suspended for 3 games the other!!!

Ahh...... great start!!!

You can loan mine if you like as I have no games. Vlaar is my highest rated cb

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

batistuta9 wrote: »
    i was thinking about that earlier too

i think i would've just quit altogether depending on which club i would've got (i'd assume the first available - looking like CSKA Moscow) but if it was a really bad squad i'd have quit outright

i haven't the time at the minute to be spending hours looking for players to rebuild, use risers, etc. then you find out they're already snapped up, it's bad enough in some GW's with only a few players like that but this nearly takes the píss :pac:
    a few here & there, yeah but not a complete job.

Id have offered Malaga if you'd been relegated.. But I doubt Mac would allow it :D

What are people's thoughts on transfers now the season(bar the play offs) is over. Will it still be impossible to buy players or will we see a bit of movement?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,133 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Id have offered Malaga if you'd been relegated.. But I doubt Mac would allow it :D

they wouldn't be too bad actually

but you know the kind of teams & effort time wise i'm on about

Ahh...... great start!!!

well, I was trying to sneak in a few 89/90+for the playoff but rthe chairmen are being pr!ck$

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    well, I was trying to sneak in a few 89/90+for the playoff but rthe chairmen are being pr!ck$

When can we expect the results for Manager of the season and stuff?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement