Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#2) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

:)

That's my last word on the subject. I'm taking my lads for a team-building exercise on the Essex Riviera.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,976 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

It is obviously not cheating because there are no rules governing it.

However I think it is very bad form, I wouldn't be loaning any in if I was in the playoffs.

Just get on with what you have, others have had injuries and suspensions at other times.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

I agree with beefy. While it's not cheating, it is very unfair to be allowed to beef up your starting line up with players from teams that have finished their season. Saying every manager can do it isn't really a good argument. I managed to make the playoffs (luckily) on the last day and will stick with the team that got me there. Having to face a team with possibly 3 new players just for this one game is a bit unfair and VERY unrealistic (even if it is a game).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

bazarakus wrote: »
    Attention all Soccer Managers

I have an excellent league called the ULTIMATE ALBION STELLARSHIP

In said league the Man City gig is going. I would like a manager in there before all their players are reefed away. Their squad includes:

Int

SILVA, Thiago D(C) 28 95
    £31.2M -
    TrL

BUFFON, Gianluigi GK 35 94
    £11.1M -
    TBd

TÉVEZ, Carlos AM,F(C) 29 93
    £15.2M -
    -

COLE, Ashley D(L) 32 93
    £12.6M -
    ABd

DI NATALE, Antonio F(RLC) 35 92
    £7.5M -
    ABd

MARCHISIO, Claudio DM,M,AM(C) 27 92
    £15.4M -
    Int

NEGREDO, Álvaro F(C) 27 91
    £9.1M 16 Oct
    Unh

FARFÁN, Jefferson AM,F(RC) 28 91
    £8.8M -
    TBd

ROBINHO, Souza AM,F(RLC) 29 91
    £8.5M -
    Int

BARRY, Gareth DM,M(C) 32 91
    £8.0M 22 Sep
    Unh

ESSIEN, Michael D(R),DM,M(C) 30 91
    £10.6M -
    Unh

LAMELA, Érik AM(RLC),F(RL) 21 90
    £12.0M -
    Unh

STROOTMAN, Kevin DM,M(C) 23 90
    £13.5M -
    -

LESCOTT, Joleon D(LC) 30 90
    £7.3M 19 Sep
    ABd

EL SHAARAWY, Stephan AM(L),F(LC) 20 89
    £12.4M -

Let me know anyone who's up for it. First come first served. Season is only 4 games old.

Start your own thread!! This is for the boards.ie world!

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

Whats with chairmen not loaning out any players? Even lads in youth teams are a no go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Loaning players for the playoffs is a joke. Hope anyone that does it doesn't go up

Playoffs are not part of a season? They dont happen in real life?

Emergency loans dont happen???

Playoffs are not part of a season? They dont happen in real life?

Emergency loans dont happen???

The Emergency Loan window in England shuts in the third week of March, precisely to stop teams exploiting it by taking players from clubs with nothing to play for.

I remember one club getting dispensation to sign a keeper when they had three or four keepers on their books injured a few years back. That's not what we're talking about here.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Beefy78 wrote: »
    The Emergency Loan window in England shuts in the third week of March, precisely to stop teams exploiting it by taking players from clubs with nothing to play for.

I remember one club getting dispensation to sign a keeper when they had three or four keepers on their books injured a few years back. That's not what we're talking about here.

Yes after the emergency loan window closes, only a team who's keepers are all injured or suspended are allowed to call in an emergency keeper on loan.

Ok so what we have established from that is that the emergency loan system does infact exist... and the playoffs are in fact part of the season....

Not one to be called a cheat im sending the players back, AND SHAME ON ALL OF YOU WHO TAKE LOAN PLAYERS FOR ANY PART OF A SEASON...

SHAME. JUST SHAME....

ridiculous......

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

But this isn't England! This is world wide Soccer Manager. If they were rules, they wouldn't be able to do it. It may be frowned upon but there are no rules to it and it is not cheating!

With this gameworld transfers are constant, therefore it isn't cheating because the loan window and the transfer window NEVER SHUT!

• Advertisement

Id also like to point out that I didnt take players on loan (I did and sent back as I made a conscious decision not to) during the season, yet would people think it would be ok if I had them players on loan for most of the season to play???

Sent the player's back but some people need to look at themselves after some of what was said here...

Seriously.... cheating. More like thinking outside the box and doing NOTHING DIFFERENT to what others did DURING the season.

Pure joke

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

So em...

Could someone loan me a 87* Defender :o

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    So em...

Could someone loan me a 87* Defender :o

Ask Madrid man, he had one for me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Ask Madrid man, he had one for me

Can't... SM block any transfers between us.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Can't... SM block any transfers between us.

some people just want to see the world burn!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Start your own thread!! This is for the boards.ie world!

Alrite chill out will ya it's only a forum. I thought this thread - as it's called Soccer Manager - was for the online game Soccer Manager. I realize now it's the boards.ie game world on Soccer Manager which it refers to. I will say 5 hail marys and two our fathers and will never ever do it again.

Cities burning as we type.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Sure people could buy a player in for the play-offs whats the problem?

Same ruled apply to all of us in the play offs!

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

If I loan a player now will I have him for next season?

pepper180 wrote: »
    But this isn't England! This is world wide Soccer Manager. If they were rules, they wouldn't be able to do it. It may be frowned upon but there are no rules to it and it is not cheating!

With this gameworld transfers are constant, therefore it isn't cheating because the loan window and the transfer window NEVER SHUT!

Whatever lets you sleep at night, buddy :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

Phew, season 1 over. 5th place in Div 1, sickened I missed out on top 4 (very unlike Arsenal!) but delighted I finished ahead of Spurs!! :D

I'm away on holidays from Monday until pretty much the start of the next season so probably won't be selling too many players as I just won't be online to try and replace them!

But i've transfer listed a few players that will definitely be going (Chamakh is a bargain!), try to get the bids in over the weekend if anyone is interested as I won't be replying to any bids next week while i'm lounging in the sun! :P

• Advertisement

Manzoor14 wrote: »
    Phew, season 1 over. 5th place in Div 1, sickened I missed out on top 4 (very unlike Arsenal!) but delighted I finished ahead of Spurs!! :D

I'm away on holidays from Monday until pretty much the start of the next season so probably won't be selling too many players as I just won't be online to try and replace them!

But i've transfer listed a few players that will definitely be going (Chamakh is a bargain!), try to get the bids in over the weekend if anyone is interested as I won't be replying to any bids next week while i'm lounging in the sun! :P

Wow! Went in to look at Chamak, thought he would do my youth team....

He's 29!!!!!!!

Not like arsenal!

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

Wow! Went in to look at Chamak, thought he would do my youth team....

He's 29!!!!!!!

Not like arsenal!

Have had a few bids on Chamakh already which i'm surprised about. Will accept bids tomorrow morning at some stage. Highest offer will win, currently at 8m. Same with Djourou, will accept highest bid.

Also, Denilson is for sale, I remember someone inquired about him a while back, can't remember who!

Whatever lets you sleep at night, buddy :cool:

No need to be ignorant because you are wrong ! Now now!

Lazio manager, how come you sent back the player I loaned you for the play-offs?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

FFS,its not against the rules fine but can people not accept that the game has faults and ''do the right thing'' for one its lousy against managers in the PO's that didnt see these posts and arnt aware that this is even going on,and secondly it could lead to friends helping each other out in an unfair manner,just let the game take its course guys.

Other players have worked like **** to get to the play offs just like you, respect that and give them a fair game.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Mr.Chong Magoo

Mr.Magoo continues to throw his weight around in the transfer market with some nice youthful acquisitions with some promising futures.

Mr. Magoo unveils their new signing! Zakaria Bakkali will join their SL Benfica squad from a free transfer.

Mr. Magoo gets their man! Youri Tielemans will join their SL Benfica squad from a free transfer.

Mr. Magoo has landed their transfer target! Kyle Ebecilio will join their SL Benfica squad on a free transfer.

22 year old 87 rated RB or LB japanese international sakai is up for grabs,he has joined stuttgart in real life so hes due a rating increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

22 year old 87 rated RB or LB japanese international sakai is up for grabs,he has joined schalke in real life so hes due a rating increase.

Is he going for a. Johnson kinda money :p

I know celtic were looking for a lb

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Is he going for a. Johnson kinda money :p

I know celtic were looking for a lb

nope unlike AJ hes expendable. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Dortmund have been awarded 5,586,124 in prize money.

Dortmund have finished First in Division 1.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement