Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#2) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Mr.Chong Magoo

Mr. Magoo gets their man! Meira Neilton Brazilian Teenage Sensation will join their SL Benfica squad from Santos for 4,048,000.The teenager will move to Estadio da Luz after only 8 games for Santos and 4 goals.The player had been seen as Neymar's replacement but he has decided to further his career under the watchful eye of Magoo.
    Benfica manager Mr.Magoo could not hide his delight after the capture as he boarded a flight to Thailand to celebrate the clubs recent success in evading relegation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Mr. Magoo gets their man! Meira Neilton Brazilian Teenage Sensation will join their SL Benfica squad from Santos for 4,048,000.The teenager will move to Estadio da Luz after only 8 games for Santos and 4 goals.The player had been seen as Neymar's replacement but he has decided to further his career under the watchful eye of Magoo.
    Benfica manager Mr.Magoo could not hide his delight after the capture as he boarded a flight to Thailand to celebrate the clubs recent success in evading relegation.

why are you celebrating avoiding relegation :eek:

my lads will report for training in the morning and i'm doing a double session! we need to hit the ground running next season as 10 loses after 20 games was unacceptable to me! your boys need discipline and to be wiped into shape not an excuse to party! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,133 ✭✭✭batistuta9

i probably won't be on the SM site as often now until the new season starts, so if you've made bids or whatever & i haven't responded don't get píssed off

i'll be on this thread though so maybe mention it here for me to get back to you

bayern

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Disappointing season for my Everton team.

I had a good start but fell away terribly in the second half of the season although in the last few games I did beat the champions Dortmund on their own ground, beat Barcelona in the Nou Camp and drew with Real Madrid at home so its not all bad!

Time to spend some money and bring in a few new faces for the new season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

phobia2011 wrote: »
    OMG!! Never realised hamburg missed out completely, commiserations buddy.

Momentum is in your favour.

Good Luck

Thanks man ya to lose on goal diference was tough hopefully can win playoffs but ive a very small squad and players are tired

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

phobia2011 wrote: »
    On the lookout for a good striker 88+, if anyone can help.

what club are you, message me

I'm Udinese

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

soap1978 wrote: »
    zaha and buttner r there if anyone needs them

i will take zaha again.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Has the game added random friendly matches for anyone else? Notice I've got a few lined up now...

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

Has the game added random friendly matches for anyone else? Notice I've got a few lined up now...

Yeah we get 3 random ones before the season starts!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,133 ✭✭✭batistuta9

pepper180 wrote: »
    Yeah we get 3 random ones before the season starts!

they're before this one ends

in other GW's you get another 5 (in 5 days in a row) or however many days it is, from when the new season starts until the day before the first game

• Advertisement

nothing random about my friendlies. they all play in the boards league unless your special? ;)

batistuta9 wrote: »
    they're before this one ends

in other GW's you get another 5 (in 5 days in a row) or however many days it is, from when the new season starts until the day before the first game

Ahh oh.. I just thought we have the 3 friendlies and then like a day or 2 later we just start the new season! A lot of time to prepare so! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Phew! Defensive crisis has eased thanks to Man u and Real.....

Sound job lads!

Ahh oh.. I just thought we have the 3 friendlies and then like a day or 2 later we just start the new season! A lot of time to prepare so! :)

season starts on the 25th :)

swoody wrote: »
    season starts on the 25th :)

Oh that is far away! :(

No competitive gaming for 16 days.. :eek:

Oh that is far away! :(

No competitive gaming for 16 days.. :eek:

9 games of kickshít till then. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

3.5m in prize money!

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭gerp99

bazarakus wrote: »
    Attention all Soccer Managers

I have an excellent league called the ULTIMATE ALBION STELLARSHIP

In said league the Man City gig is going. I would like a manager in there before all their players are reefed away. Their squad includes:

Int

SILVA, Thiago D(C) 28 95
    £31.2M -
    TrL

BUFFON, Gianluigi GK 35 94
    £11.1M -
    TBd

TÉVEZ, Carlos AM,F(C) 29 93
    £15.2M -
    -

COLE, Ashley D(L) 32 93
    £12.6M -
    ABd

DI NATALE, Antonio F(RLC) 35 92
    £7.5M -
    ABd

MARCHISIO, Claudio DM,M,AM(C) 27 92
    £15.4M -
    Int

NEGREDO, Álvaro F(C) 27 91
    £9.1M 16 Oct
    Unh

FARFÁN, Jefferson AM,F(RC) 28 91
    £8.8M -
    TBd

ROBINHO, Souza AM,F(RLC) 29 91
    £8.5M -
    Int

BARRY, Gareth DM,M(C) 32 91
    £8.0M 22 Sep
    Unh

ESSIEN, Michael D(R),DM,M(C) 30 91
    £10.6M -
    Unh

LAMELA, Érik AM(RLC),F(RL) 21 90
    £12.0M -
    Unh

STROOTMAN, Kevin DM,M(C) 23 90
    £13.5M -
    -

LESCOTT, Joleon D(LC) 30 90
    £7.3M 19 Sep
    ABd

EL SHAARAWY, Stephan AM(L),F(LC) 20 89
    £12.4M -

Let me know anyone who's up for it. First come first served. Season is only 4 games old.

I will take it if its still free! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Loaning players for the playoffs is a joke. Hope anyone that does it doesn't go up

It's yours. Add me on Soccer Manager. You can find me by searching with my email address bazarakus@hotmail.com. Let me know your Soccer Manager ID so I know it's you. Then I'll invite you to the gig. Good stuff!

Im friends with you already, Gerp99 is my ID, Im the manager of celta vigo in the good league too. I applied to take control of Man city but it says my rep is too low

• Advertisement

Loaning players for the playoffs is a joke. Hope anyone that does it doesn't go up

Ahh I dont think its too bad! If they need help, sure give them it! We'll just take part of the credit for loaning them the players! :)

Excellent. I'll get that invite out to you now.

Cheers for that!! Hard to find competitive leagues that are not empty :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

If anyone is looking for an 87 rated keeper (albeit one on the decline), I've got an offer for Gomes from an external for 3.1m. If anyone wants to match that before tonight, they can have him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Ahh I dont think its too bad! If they need help, sure give them it! We'll just take part of the credit for loaning them the players! :)

It's massively unfair on the teams they're playing. It's pretty much cheating, IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

Beefy78 wrote: »
    It's massively unfair on the teams they're playing. It's pretty much cheating, IMO.

If it was cheating it would be against the rules. How is it unfair against the opposition? They can loan players too? Unless they already have their max 3 loan players that is ...

I wouldn't class it as cheating. Just not very sportsman like. It would be in the rules if it was cheating. If the opposing teams want to get players for the play-offs too, well then they best do that.

At the end of the day, 1 or 2 players aren't going to make that much difference and if it does make such a difference in the play-offs, they'll find themselves relegated the season after because they won't have the loaned players anymore :)

Because these aren't players being loaned normally. They're players who play for other clubs who have finished their season and are being brought in to boost a squad with something still to play for. It's exactly why transfer deadline day exists in real life.

Saying that it's ok because the other team can cheat too isn't really a good defence.

Because these aren't players being loaned normally. They're players who play for other clubs who have finished their season and are being brought in to boost a squad with something still to play for. It's exactly why transfer deadline day exists in real life.

Saying that it's ok because the other team can cheat too isn't really a good defence.

It's not cheating cos you don't like it Beefy. It's cheating when the SM game designers say it's cheating. This isn't cricket.

Anyway play-offs are a hoot. Form goes out the window, there's no legs and you don't get any days rest between games. Lottery it IS!

It's cheating because it's cheating. It's massively open to exploitation. I don't know any of you, but there could be friends here loaning good players to other friends because they don't need them because their season is over. It gives those people too big an advantage with no downside whatsoever for the people loaning the players out. It's cheating.

Doesn't bother me much because I managed to avoid this issue by being relegated, but I'm surprised at how open some of you are being about cheating or aiding cheating.

• Advertisement

It's cheating because it's cheating. It's massively open to exploitation. I don't know any of you, but there could be friends here loaning good players to other friends because they don't need them because their season is over. It gives those people too big an advantage with no downside whatsoever for the people loaning the players out. It's cheating.

Doesn't bother me much because I managed to avoid this issue by being relegated, but I'm surprised at how open some of you are being about cheating or aiding cheating.

You could try to make some friends?

So I'm sensing you tink it's "cheating"...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement