Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RaboPro12 13/14 season thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Bonus point for Glasgow, very beneficial for them to have had that game postponed. Much nicer weather tonight than there was in December.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,651 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Buer wrote: »
    80 points fewer than Ulster but the games in hand which are against Treviso and Edinburgh at home could see a huge chunk of that eradicated. Alas, Ulster have to still go to Glasgow too.

That's the bp for Glasgow alright. Unless Treviso make a comeback, Glasgow will be on 56 with a game in hand. Have to play Ulster so that could be a big game.

Less than 5,000 at Glasgow's game. Fairly bad from a city with almost 600,000 people.

Eod100 wrote: »
    Less than 5,000 at Glasgow's game. Fairly bad from a city with almost 600,000 people.

Treviso at home is one of the least attractive fixtures there is and it's a small stadium. I wouldn't have expected any more. A couple of years ago they'd have killed for this sort of attendance at any game,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Very true. Add to that, Glasgow is a city absolutely hooked on football with one of the biggest and oldest sporting rivalries on the planet, it's a divided city and I would say very tough for rugby to make an impact.

The main thing is that they're making progress. Scotstoun is the best thing they ever did, Firhill was a disaster and was not uncommon to see crowds of only a couple of thousand.

• Advertisement

matthew8 wrote: »
    Treviso at home is one of the least attractive fixtures there is and it's a small stadium. I wouldn't have expected any more. A couple of years ago they'd have killed for this sort of attendance at any game,

Fair point! Guess we're kinda spoiled in Munster/Ireland to have such huge rugby support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭rockbeast

[Jackass] wrote: »
    Very true. Add to that, Glasgow is a city absolutely hooked on football with one of the biggest and oldest sporting rivalries on the planet, it's a divided city and I would say very tough for rugby to make an impact.

The main thing is that they're making progress. Scotstoun is the best thing they ever did, Firhill was a disaster and was not uncommon to see crowds of only a couple of thousand.

I'd love a shot at a marketing role with Glasgow:eek:

I don't know what they're doing on the ground there as haven't been over in 7 years but their current marketing team don't appear, to me at least, from over here(!), to be maximizing potential as an alternative to the obvious headline acts...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

rockbeast wrote: »
    I'd love a shot at a marketing role with Glasgow:eek:

I don't know what they're doing on the ground there as haven't been over in 7 years but their current marketing team don't appear, to me at least, from over here(!), to be maximizing potential as an alternative to the obvious headline acts...

Skag and Tennant's Super?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Scarlets are pretty much down to scraping the barrel with ideas to try and get people coming to games :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Ha and I thought some of the Leinster stuff was bad!!

Good win for Glasgow last night and the attendance was relatively high for them too for what wouldn't be a big game for the fans.

Nest weekend it's

Ospreys Leinster
    Munster Glasgow
    Ulster Connacht

Should be good. That's Ospreys last "hard" game of the season, they should beat the rest of the teams, Munster will be weakened by having played Leinster and Toulouse on following weeks, and Ulster might rest a few players too as they'll have to go to Glasgow the following week and possibly a HEC SF the week after!

• Advertisement

Couple of big games coming up this weekend. Think Leinster will secure 1st at this stage.

Munster v Glasgow and Ulster v Connacht are pretty big games. Was kinda doubtful about Glasgow's chances before now but if they beat Munster they'll have a good shot of coming 3rd and maybe even 2nd for the home semi.

Ulster having some tricky games coming up in Glasgow (a), Leinster (h), Munster (a) . Their injuries won't help either.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

You'll see Glasgow's first team out. I wonder what type of team we'll see Munster put out... Could be a great game. And by great game, I mean an awful game of rugby with a narrow margin between the sides (this is Glasgow we're talking about).

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Scarlets are pretty much down to scraping the barrel with ideas to try and get people coming to games :pac:

Only seeing this now. Good God what the hell is that!?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,074 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Oh that's frightful!

Anyone know when semi final k.o times and dates are released? Thought it usually happened by now for other seasons..

• Administrators Posts: 53,393 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Eod100 wrote: »
    Anyone know when semi final k.o times and dates are released? Thought it usually happened by now for other seasons..

Won't know until the semi finals are determined, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

awec wrote: »

they have always been the Friday evening and the Saturday evening

awec wrote: »

Think they're usually released on advance..Last year they were anyway on March, not too sure about other years..

Zebree, 20 point underdogs, lead Scarlets 13-6. Could be a cracking upset for the teams below them.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

matthew8 wrote: »
    Zebree, 20 point underdogs, lead Scarlets 13-6. Could be a cracking upset for the teams below them.

They got an LBP in the end, decent result for them. Treviso beat Dragons. Suddenly the usually dead rubber matches are huge for the Italians, with one Italian spot in Europe up for grabs.

• Advertisement

So, how do tonight's results affect the playoff chances?

Someone want to write it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Leinster's run in (69 points):
    Treviso (H), Ulster (A), Edinburgh (H)

Ulster's run in (65 points):
    Glasgow (A), Leinster (H), Munster (A)

Munster's run in (63 points):
    Connacht (A), Edinburgh (A), Ulster (H)

Glasgow's run in (60 points):
    Ulster (H), Edinburgh (H), Treviso (A), Zebre (H)

Ospreys' run in (56 points):
    Dragons (A), Zebre (A), Connacht (H)

Couple of bonus point wins at home should see Leinster at home all the way now.

Hard to see anyone get past our projected total of 79 points.

durkadurka wrote: »
    Treviso (H), Ulster (A), Edinburgh (H)

Glasgow (A), Leinster (H), Munster (A)

Connacht (A), Edinburgh (A), Ulster (H)

Ulster (H), Edinburgh (H), Treviso (A), Zebre (H)

Dragons (A), Zebre (A), Connacht (H)

So my guess is for the rest of the games -

Leinster - 11 points (2 BP home wins and a LBP at Ravenhill)

Ulster - 9 points (I think we'll beat Glasgow and Leinster with a LBP in Thomond)

Munster - 12 points (3 wins)

Glasgow - 15 points (LBP Ulster, win against Edinburgh, BP wins against Italians)

Ospreys - 12 points (3 wins)

Which would leave us:

Leinster 80
    Munster 75
    Glasgow 75
    Ulster 74
    Ospreys 67

We really need to beat Glasgow tbh.

Munster could miss out on the playoffs by the looks of things. Ospreys should pick up 14 points meaning Munster will need to win 2 out of their 3 games. Not an easy task given 2 are away, the one home game is very difficult and their main focus is on Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Treviso (H) 5, Ulster (A) 0, Edinburgh (H) 5

Glasgow (A) 1, Leinster (H) 4, Munster (A) 1

Connacht (A) 4, Edinburgh (A) 4, Ulster (H) 4

Ulster (H) 4, Edinburgh (H) 4, Treviso (A) 4, Zebre (H) 5

Dragons (A) 4, Zebre (A) 4, Connacht (H) 5

Predictions added above.

Leinster 79
    Glasgow 77
    Munster 75
    Ulster 71
    Ospreys 69

It's looking like a right dogfight for the second home semi.

I wonder how much focus munster will have on the Rabo next week.

It's an interesting run in.

I don't think the top 4 itself will change, just the order within it, but if it does I think Ulster are the most likely to drop outside it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

Predictions added above.

Leinster 79
    Glasgow 77
    Munster 75
    Ulster 71
    Ospreys 69

Yeah that's how I'd see the top 5 panning out but would not be surprised to see Glasgow end up top of the pile.

• Advertisement

Treviso (H) 5, Ulster (A) 1, Edinburgh (H) 5

Glasgow (A) 1, Leinster (H) 4, Munster (A) 1

Connacht (A) 4, Edinburgh (A) 4, Ulster (H) 4

Ulster (H) 4, Edinburgh (H) 5, Treviso (A) 4, Zebre (H) 5

Dragons (A) 4, Zebre (A) 5, Connacht (H) 5

Predictions added.
    Leinster 80
    Glasgow 78
    Munster 75
    Ulster 71
    Ospreys 70

But Munster's games are impossible to predict right now. I have no idea what sort of team they will put out and the result against Toulon will have a massive impact.

Advertisement