Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

You are entitled to your opinion but I don't have the time or inclination to come on here to lie!

I worked in private sector banking all my life , in the last year I stared working for a state agency (financial sector) which is fully government funded. It's been a shock to the system.

There is serious money spent on salaries , meetings , training days and expenses . No management iniative on saving on stationery, phones , postage etc . No monitoring of costs , no accountability. Yes expenses are signed off by Board members but never questioned.

But hey I'm lying Tayto Lover ....yeah right !

this doesn't really compute with what you had to say last week...
    I was one of the lucky ones. I lost my job, studied, became involved with less well off people in society through voluntary work and changed careers (after about 2 years of bits and pieces of work and extremely low self esteem). I see life from both sides. I see the frustration of the middle income tax payers, squeezed for everything (I was once one of them) but I can also see their prejudice and biased views of unemployed people. I work very hard now, very long hours, with the most difficult of cases and I thank God I was one of the lucky ones. You would not want to be some of the people I work with, jobless, homes being re-possessed, loss of hope, drugs, drink, suicide, very poor health, now way out. The same people come back in time after time, never really getting ahead, maybe for a few months then things fall apart and its back to square one.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Mod: Guys, if you want to have a personal pissing contest, take it to PM or to any of the numerous Public Sector Vs. Private Sector threads on the site. Let's try and get back on topic here please.

this doesn't really compute with what you had to say last week...

don't know what your point in Muff Richardson :confused:.... I stand over what I say. Without saying who I work for (and its not that hard to work out) - yes I help the hardest hit and poorest in society.
    I feel lucky to have this job as I lost my job in banking a few years back. I got this job by volunteering first, studying second, then being good at what I do.

That said while I work with the poorest in society, I work for a group of Management heavy Public Sector workers - who are at the top of the PS salary scale with all the benefits of such, unbelievably generous expenses, training days etc. There is huge waste of money and resources in the system.

I am happy to have a job ( temporary at level 1) but there is a lot of conflict between who I am trying to help every day and the work ethic/environment, huge expenses and salaries I see all around me. Enough said - for obvious reasons. (Sorry Mod for replying but had to set the record straight)

This has gone way off topic - back to Pat Kenny :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

You are entitled to your opinion but I don't have the time or inclination to come on here to lie!

I worked in private sector banking all my life , in the last year I stared working for a state agency (financial sector) which is fully government funded. It's been a shock to the system.

There is serious money spent on salaries , meetings , training days and expenses . No management iniative on saving on stationery, phones , postage etc . No monitoring of costs , no accountability. Yes expenses are signed off by Board members but never questioned.

But hey I'm lying Tayto Lover ....yeah right !
    Ah that explains it. I should have guessed actually.
    You worked for the sector banking which cost the country a fortune and which we are all paying back as will our children and theirs BUT you saw wastage in the Public Sector. ???

Edit
    Just saw the mods warning after I posted. Apologies Mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

neris wrote: »
    Ugh Jonathan healy in for the plank

good.

Pat REALLY needed a lie down after a complete week of going mental from trumps win.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

neris wrote: »
    Ugh Jonathan healy in for the plank

that's exactly my reaction when I hear him on. I can't stand him and all his smart ar$e asides about Trump, The Government, whoever it's popular to make jokes about.

When NT cut his show I thought they were on the right track, but now they have spoiled the Sunday Show with having him host it. And he's not fit to lace Pat's boots.

Nobody in Newstalk is fit to lace Pat's boots.

I rarely hear much of PKNT anymore because I barely listen to Newstalk anymore, and I usually forget to change stations at 9am after Tubridy opens with an interesting item, as he usually does.

I hope PK negotiates a new contract with RTE when this one expires, although I suspect he'll just retire.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,048 ✭✭✭✭neris

Does Liam Doran ever have anything positive to say

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

It was a treat to listen to the composer, Mícheál Ó Súilleabháin on a cold and dreary Monday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,603 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

It was a treat to listen to the composer, Mícheál Ó Súilleabháin on a cold and dreary Monday morning.

Wasn't it just.

More of this please, Pat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I didn't get to hear much of today's show, apart from the wonderful interview with Mícheál Ó Súilleabháin.

I believe Pat did an item on the Tracker Mortgage Redress scheme. Does anyone have any idea of the approx. time it was on? I'd like to listen to it. Many thanks.

John Drennan's sarcastic side swipes at all the political parties sound more like sour grapes these days since Renua fell flat in the polls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I just find the man terrible to listen to with his verbal diarrhoea, he can't say a direct sentence.

Listening to Ross having a rant at the ineffectiveness of another minister, pot/kettle right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

why are they talking about Guards and Nurses when the make up such a small % of the workforce?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

John Drennan's sarcastic side swipes at all the political parties sound more like sour grapes these days since Renua fell flat in the polls.

I'm sorry he left Renua because it means he's back on the radio. His sarcastic smartass way of going on, not to mention the smugness and love of metaphors and analogies always made him insufferable.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I'm sorry he left Renua because it means he's back on the radio. His sarcastic smartass way of going on, not to mention the smugness and love of metaphors and analogies always made him insufferable.
    I see he's writing in the Scum now

"A source close to X said...."

why are they talking about Guards and Nurses when the make up such a small % of the workforce?:confused:

They who shot loudest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

sligojoek wrote: »
    I see he's writing in the Scum now

"A source close to X said...."

In other words, he has finally risen to the level his journalistic skills merit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Mary O'Rourke and Katherine Lynch coming up. Together. Right, Pat, I'm off, but thanks for the fair warning...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Pat keeps saying 'a lovely bítch' and 'bítch' :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,242 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Mary O'Rourke and Katherine Lynch coming up. Together.
    snubbleste wrote: »
    Pat keeps saying 'a lovely bítch' and 'bítch' :eek:

Which is which though?:p

Pat schooling this migrant representative. She is being completely disingenuous in saying that the people "don't know" that they are happening to land in the EU country that is a) furthest from their own country b) has no direct flights to their country and c) happens to have the most generous welfare system.

It's pc do gooders like that 1 that have so many countries over run with asylum seekers. Pat went to soft on her. How the feck can an asylum seeker transit through the UK and take care connecting flight to ireland

Gerry is representing the people of Louth at Castro's funeral? I wonder what the people of Louth feel about that. I didn't know there was such an affinity between Dundalk and Havana.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭foxtrot101

Pat schooling this migrant representative. She is being completely disingenuous in saying that the people "don't know" that they are happening to land in the EU country that is a) furthest from their own country b) has no direct flights to their country and c) happens to have the most generous welfare system.

d) has accepted fewer refugees than any other EU country e) has one of the highest refusal rates.

I don't know why she's bothering. Bacik can't get elected without quotas and she won't get elected with them either.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,603 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I've always wondered just who listens to these singer songwriter types.

They always, always sound like someone just having a mope in their bedroom, as if no one else has ever been pissed off.

And sing as if mournful whining is the way to cheer themselves up.

This woman could be great at it, for all I know. Nice voice, I guess.

But who actively listens to someone else's warbly soul searching? Don't get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭serfboard

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    But who actively listens to someone else's warbly soul searching?
    "I was happy in the haze of a drunken hour, but heaven knows I'm miserable now", seemed to work fairly well for one crooner ... ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

foxtrot101 wrote: »
    d) has accepted fewer refugees than any other EU country e) has one of the highest refusal rates.

f) disregard d) & e) for being completely false. 1.25 refugees accepted for every 1000 inhabitants in Ireland between mid-2015 and 2007, which would put us ahead of Greece, Hungary, Poland, Portgual, Latvia, Lithuania, Czech Republic, Croatia, Slovakia, Slovenia etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_refugee_population

And don't bother pulling out some totally irrelevant stat of the last 12 months of madness and turmoil with hundreds of thousands crossing mainland Europe.

We are doing more than enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭serfboard

1.25 refugees accepted for every 1000 inhabitants in Ireland between mid-2015 and 2007, which would put us ahead of Greece, Hungary, Poland, Portgual, Latvia, Lithuania, Czech Republic, Croatia, Slovakia, Slovenia etc.
    ... and behind Bulgaria, Italy UK, Luxembourg, Finland, Belgium, Germany, Denmark, France, Netherlands, Cyprus, Austria and Sweden to take EU countries only from that list.

Advertisement