Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead - Season 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Took me until episode 3 tonight to say to myself "hey I know that voice" regards Carver, it's Michael Madsen :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭JaqenHgarr

Decent episode went with the majority on most choices, next episode looks good ! Also agree with most here : only 2 characters I care about are Clem and Kenny and I guess I'm partial to Luke and the new girl

JaqenHgarr wrote: »
    Decent episode went with the majority on most choices, next episode looks good ! Also agree with most here : only 2 characters I care about are Clem and Kenny and I guess I'm partial to Luke and the new girl

Agree there also, was it reggie??? and sarah, I know they are going through hard times but given the situation they needed to man up.

Slightly annoying when you are a dick towards them the game has you mellow out a second later, I had no sympathy for them what so ever as characters at this point in the game. It's only now looking back at my choices in season one that I regret not being nicer to kenny and taking his side 100% of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭brady12

JaqenHgarr wrote: »

I always loyal to kenny. **** rest of them. Sarah some pain in hole. Hadn't used ps3 in couple months set it up again just for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,735 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

calex71 wrote: »
    Took me until episode 3 tonight to say to myself "hey I know that voice" regards Carver, it's Michael Madsen :eek:

was waiting for an ear scene, but both the scenes with
    Kenny
    was close enough :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Everything I read online about Sarah seems to be negative but when I finished my play-through of episode 3, it said
    80% of people helped her with the berry picking. She can't be that hated if nearly everyone is willing to help her!

J. Marston wrote: »
    Everything I read online about Sarah seems to be negative but when I finished my play-through of episode 3, it said
    80% of people helped her with the berry picking. She can't be that hated if nearly everyone is willing to help her!

Mine said you and 20% of players
    did their own work
    :pac:

Hate her with a passion, did everything in my power to
    ensure she was killed off but to no avail it seems going by the next time on walking dead part at the end
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

calex71 wrote: »
    Mine said you and 20% of players
    did their own work
    :pac:

Hate her with a passion, did everything in my power to
    ensure she was killed off but to no avail it seems going by the next time on walking dead part at the end
    :mad:

Ive been nothing but a cu*t to her to toughen her up but shes still a pain :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Ye're awfully heartless, lads!

I save all my bitchiness for Rebecca. Pregnant or not, she's a cow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Just me, or did anyone else initially thought Jane was Molly from season 1 ? >_<;

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,560 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Just me, or did anyone else initially thought Jane was Molly from season 1 ? >_<;

YAAAAAAAA she's such a great character, sickner when it turns out not to be her even though Molly get's a shout out about her antics in Season 1. Hoping she still makes it into this.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,524 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Finished EP3 just now.

Highlights:
    Watching Carver bash Kenny's head in
    Having the lads discuss leaving Kenny behind - really built my hopes up

Lowlights:
    Kenny spoiling it all by walking off a savage beating
    The conversation Carver and Clem have in Carvers office about the nature of leadership - I just didn't find it credible that Carver sees a kindred spirit in an 11 year old girl. Its one of the draw backs of the game being played from the POV of an 11 year old girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭CiaranW

A little off topic here.
    I bought the season pass and my Xbox appears to be getting the red ring of death syndrome, it came and went the other day so it's on its last legs (3rd flutterion' XBox!)
    I'm just wondering if I buy an Xbox 1 would it remember my gamertag and transaction history and I could play all the Walking Dad games again or would I have to purchase again on Xbox One.
    I assume the games are out on next gen also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

CiaranW wrote: »
    A little off topic here.
    I bought the season pass and my Xbox appears to be getting the red ring of death syndrome, it came and went the other day so it's on its last legs (3rd flutterion' XBox!)
    I'm just wondering if I buy an Xbox 1 would it remember my gamertag and transaction history and I could play all the Walking Dad games again or would I have to purchase again on Xbox One.
    I assume the games are out on next gen also.

It's not, only 360 and PS3 console wise, and you can't play the 360 version on it either.

Deano7788 wrote: »
    It's not, only 360 and PS3 console wise, and you can't play the 360 version on it either.

Oh alright, thanks mate.

The writers at Telltale should be writing episodes for AMC.
    The show is on such a downward spiral, don't get me wrong the first season was absolutely incredible though. But it's such a let down week after week I'm finding it now.
    I know they are following the comic books but they should try and be a bit more unique too.

This game is pretty much all story and it is going from strength to strength.
    I'm going to play it again from Season 1 Episode 1 again.
    Hopefully the Xbox holds up!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,340 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The Walking Dead Seasons 1&2 (and The Wolf Among Us) will be coming to PS4 and XBoxOne. Definitely in disc format, not sure if in download too. Most likely because the next season of each will be next-gen too.

Penn wrote: »
    The Walking Dead Seasons 1&2 (and The Wolf Among Us) will be coming to PS4 and XBoxOne. Definitely in disc format, not sure if in download too. Most likely because the next season of each will be next-gen too.

Wish they would bundle them in one collection be great to play them all back to back.

Also they might lose that occasional stuttering on the next gen systems.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

CiaranW wrote: »
    The writers at Telltale should be writing episodes for AMC.
    The show is on such a downward spiral, don't get me wrong the first season was absolutely incredible though. But it's such a let down week after week I'm finding it now.
    I know they are following the comic books but they should try and be a bit more unique too.
    !

The last season was brilliant. I really enjoyed it. They don't follow the comics exactly, based on more like.
    Example...there is no "Terminus" at this part in the comics, they never followed train tracks, Daryl isn't even in the comics.
    They've also left out some pretty big parts from the comics

The show and game are 2 different stories from the same world, enjoy each for what they are, I love both :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,560 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Telltale say ep 4 is 'within arms reach' titled Amid the Ruins. Bring it on!!

• Advertisement

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Telltale say ep 4 is 'within arms reach' titled Amid the Ruins. Bring it on!!

Really looking forward to the next episode.

I've just started a new play through and just finishing season one episode two and loving it. This time I've started being neutral but I am siding with Kenny instead of thinking him to be a loose cannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,923 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Trailer for episode 4

available July 22nd - PC and Mac
    July 23rd - xbox 360, PS3 and Vita

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Backfire

Roll on July 23rd!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

I know the 4th episode isn't out yet but when could we expect the final episode? What's been the general gap between episodes?

I haven't played the Walking Dead since playing through Season 1 in one go and I'm dying to do the same with Season 2 (especially since Wolf Amongst Us is now finished!).

How is it holding up compared to Season 1 if you can avoid spoilers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

I know the 4th episode isn't out yet but when could we expect the final episode? What's been the general gap between episodes?

I haven't played the Walking Dead since playing through Season 1 in one go and I'm dying to do the same with Season 2 (especially since Wolf Amongst Us is now finished!).

How is it holding up compared to Season 1 if you can avoid spoilers?

September-ish for episode 5 i'd say judging by the gap between the others. It's still a great game but it was never going to live up to season 1 of course...well so far for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,524 ✭✭✭✭Sand

I think its on a par with Season One overall.

There is a couple more memorable incidents and tasks in it, but on the downside I don't like the recycling of certain characters (especially when rest of the characters are so strong and interesting), and the story so far for me has demonstrated the downside of having a 11 year old girl as the primary character. There is only so much you can do before immersion collapses or you sit waiting for someone else to save the day. I'm not seeing the "story" pay-off to justify it. It's kind of spoiled the Season 1 story for me actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

New episode out on PC today. Just finished playing it. Had some good points particularly towards the end and finished strong although it did drag a bit at times.
    I saved Sarah in the caravan but let her die when i had to choose between her and Jane. Felt good letting her die tbh. She was getting more and more annoying as the game went on.

Hopefully I can kill off
    Sarah
    in this one ..... oh how I hate her :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭brady12

When new episode out on ps3?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Probably about 6pm with the store update.

Advertisement