Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead - Season 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Is it out on PC yet? I tried loading up the game (telltale version) and it says the next episode is coming soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Is it out on PC yet? I tried loading up the game (telltale version) and it says the next episode is coming soon.

I think it is for people on steam but if you bought directly from telltale its still not up. Well it wasnt for me half an hour ago anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭brady12

When we getting this on ps3 ? Ign review says it one best yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Backfire

brady12 wrote: »
    When we getting this on ps3 ? Ign review says it one best yet!

yeah i saw that, so hopefully its as good as they say:
    Episode 2 of The Walking Dead: Season 2 is one of the best Telltale has ever made. It’s big, full of great dialogue, devastating consequences, memorable and fun action scenes, and places a smart, scary plot at center stage. Clementine’s character growth remains the most interesting aspect of Season 2, and The Walking Dead is walking her down a more brutal, disturbing path than ever before.

source: http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/03/04/the-walking-dead-season-2-episode-2-review

lets hope its true :) has me excited now :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    I think it is for people on steam but if you bought directly from telltale its still not up. Well it wasnt for me half an hour ago anyway.

Aha alright. Loaded up the game but it says it's still not available on PC from Telltale. Hmm :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I redownloaded it from telltale and re-installed it, option to download the new ep was now available, downloading episode 2 as we speak!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

Is it available on Xbox tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Didn't need to reinstall. Just fired it up there and it's downloading in-game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

It's 33% off on steam now. I really should have waited to pick this up. It's the first time I bough a season pass for this a the wolf among us on release. Don't think I'll be doing it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Just finished it.
    Definitely some great moments.....

BUT...finished it in 1.4 hours...so again...it's quite short.

MFW
    kenny shows up
    Dll22.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭brady12

anyone know when it coming ireland on ps3?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

brady12 wrote: »
    anyone know when it coming ireland on ps3?

Is it not today for both PSN and XBLA?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

I ****ing knew
    Kenny is alive, I said so the moment I finished season 1

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭ConfusedGuy92

Is this still not out for PS3?

I can't find it anywhere in the PS Store, and in-game it still says "coming soon", but absolutely nothing online says anything about delays.

I also had to download an update which was crashing at 75, which can be a big problem. Luckily switching account solved it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

Not out here yet for PS3. Only info I can find on it is on the PS EU blog http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/03/05/new-playstation-store-south-park-stick-truth-dead-nation-ps4/

In the comments section the guy that wrote the above entry says it'll probably be next week.

Episode 2 is out on xbox live anyway. Put the console downloading around half 7, but my eircom connection is so slow in the evening that it still hasnt it downloaded. On 80% or thereabouts, so turned off console and finish the rest of the download tomorrow.

In the mornings, it would take my connection about 15mins to download it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Right. My thoughts and choices an spoilers incoming.
    I sided with Nick over Pete at the end of ep1 because hey....Pete was bit. He was brown bread. So Nick gets wasted in the barn and offers the little girl some whiskey and I'm like "This guy is Ben 2.0". Anyway, I talk him round and we make a break for it. He gets left behind but we come back for him later. I wonder does Nick live if you go with Pete. I'll have to replay to find out.

So I'm back at the house and in walks Mr Blonde himself, Michael Madsen. I smooth talk the **** outa him and give him no info whatsoever. I didn't go for the knife because really....he has a gun and is 3 times your size. He finds the photo me and the kid took, I deny knowing her and he leaves.

I and 57% of people blamed the photo debacle on the dad. I mean...it was his idea. In hindsight it was nobody's fault but really....they are children.

So we are on the road again and have to cross the bridge and out comes Mr Asian red shirt offering us food and shelter and Nick goes and blows his head off. Part of me is mega pissed at him and then the other was a little suspicious and understood where a panicked Nick was coming from. I flip flopped on this one. Everyone makes mistakes etc. but he seems like a liability....especially considering it turns out that the Asian guy was a good egg.

So Kenny's alive. I was hedging my bets on that reveal being either Kenny or Lilly. And Kenny seems just as aggro as before. Everyone is about to shoot each other over having to hand over their weapons and Kenny wants me to vouch for the new group.....which I would do but it has Nick in it who is unpredictable. So I end up playing a Switzerland and asking everyone to play nice.

I and 33% of people sat with Luke at dinner. Like wtf 66% of people? Kenny was a loose cannon before he lost his entire family. It's great to see him and all and it brings back the season 1 feels....but he makes Nick looks mentally stable. The way he lost it with his latin lover over the boxes is all the indication you need that he's still the same Kenny we knew.

I and 26% of people lied to Walter about Mathews death. There really could be nothing gained from telling him....at least that was my thinking. But then Clem insists that they tell him the truth anyway so I dunno....this felt like a false choice.

I and 86% of people managed to get Walter to forgive Nick. This surprised me. A lot. I didn't aim for this....it just kind of happened. I suppose it worked out well because he saves Nick from the Walker later on.

I and 57% went to look for Kenny with the hostage crisis. This was a coin flip. On one hand if you surrender to the hostage taker, he will likely kill you all coz he has what he wants. On the other, you have no men and no guns....he has lots. Is there anything to be gained from resisting at that point? I was conflicted on this one. Walter ended up biting the dust. When Carver grabbed Alvin I took the gun from Kenny and surrendered. I wonder what would've happened if I had let him take the shot........

And Bonnie from 400 days was with Carvers group. I didn't trust her instantly. We know she has no family....so that was an obvious lie. I'm like "Check that ginger for weapons, yo!" and then I laughed out loud when they give Clementine that options to say. :P

Overall I was quite impressed. The choices were tougher than ep1 by and large. I will say that the story did not go where I thought it would.....which is a good thing I guess. Unpredictability.

Played it, thought it was great.

It's great too, when some of the conversation choices are exactly what you are thinking...

Why don't you go look for food Alvin?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

It would be great if we had some indication of release dates on the PS3 :mad:

It would be great if we had some indication of release dates on the PS3 :mad:

I was sure it was out yesterday too, along with the XBOX release.

TTG are terrible for when they release stuff and now it seems it could come out on one platform and not another, like EP1 took ages to come out on the xbox.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Bit of a slow start but once I got to the bridge the story picked up from there and became gripped to it.
    Kirby wrote: »
    Overall I was quite impressed. The choices were tougher than ep1 by and large. I will say that the story did not go where I thought it would.....which is a good thing I guess. Unpredictability.

I played the game pretty much the opposite to you but the story and turn of events were the exact same which does take away from the game a bit and reminds you that it's a false illusion of choice. The plot might deviate for a bit but the outcome will be the same no matter what.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

Played it the other day. Thought it was pretty 'meh' to be honest.

Started and finished it in a single sitting. It was ok-ish at first but did improve a lot towards the end.

Some of the characters are beginning to annoy me though for various reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Kirby wrote: »
    Right. My thoughts and choices an spoilers incoming.
    I sided with Nick over Pete at the end of ep1 because hey....Pete was bit. He was brown bread. So Nick gets wasted in the barn and offers the little girl some whiskey and I'm like "This guy is Ben 2.0". Anyway, I talk him round and we make a break for it. He gets left behind but we come back for him later. I wonder does Nick live if you go with Pete. I'll have to replay to find out.

I Guarantee that Nick lives regardless because he is the only one stupid enough to have shot the guy on the bridge which was needed to further the plot. So Nick is essential.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,567 ✭✭✭✭Sand

I liked this episode bar some issues.

Nick:
    Yeah - he lives if you go without him. I went with the older guy because Nick is...well Nick. Liability all over him but more sympathetic than Ben from S1 ever was. I did empathise when he was saying "They're over there talking about me right now. Nick is a liability to the group"
    Also FFS Kenny. The "surprise" I least wanted to have. I hated that git from S1. His fanbase is inexplicable to me. That said, his shooting towards the end had me liking him a bit more - if Alvin hadn't been so paralysed, things might have worked out differently. I played through to the bitter end on the exchange of deaths - Kenny wimped out when they brought Sarita forward for execution
    In a general sense, the ski lodge bothered me - it just didn't seem credible that a small 4 man group could defend a large building with large glass windows, and a horde of zombies so close by that a wind turbine spinning a bit faster turns into a dinner bell

Carver
    I really like Carver as a villain. He strikes me as just the right balance between someone who is obviously psychotic but who also seems reasonable - that if you just do what he wants, he will leave you alone. One part of me is a bit disappointed still by the decision of Telltale to rely on old characters like Clem and Kenny to carry season 2. With characters like Carver (and Bonnie) they don't need crutches or to go over old ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Is this out on PS3 yet? Can't seem to find it on the store.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

J. Marston wrote: »
    Is this out on PS3 yet? Can't seem to find it on the store.

No still no sign of it, getting a bit ridiculous now, any indication of when it might be released on ps3? I accidently got the whole thing spoiled on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,688 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Telltale keep putting up review score posts on Facebook so I said I'd check the comments if any mention of release on eu psn. 1st comment huge spoiler ****ing sickened!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Telltale keep putting up review score posts on Facebook so I said I'd check the comments if any mention of release on eu psn. 1st comment huge spoiler ****ing sickened!!

I hate that. I still try and avoid spoilers for games I am not evenplaying, never mind games I will play. I still avoid spoilers for Heavy rain as its a game I keep meaning to get to, I just haven't gotten around to it yet. I do wish telltale were a bit quicker in releasing titles (still waiting for episode 3 of a wolf amongst us 5 months after release of episode 1!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,688 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ok its out on wednesday for eu psn, confirmed by telltale.

Advertisement