Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Happily married guy, but niggly feeling for years. Any advice?

Options
  • 31-07-2013 9:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi there,
    First time poster here and before anyone says it. I know .. I'm married, I should be satisfied, stop being greedy, stop being a pr*ck. I've been telling myself that for years but the niggly feeling won't go away.

Anyway, like I said, very happily married with kids, but had this feeling that I would like to try something with another guy for years. My wife while very supportive in every other way would kill me if she knew I was even thinking about this. No idea if I should try to forget it, explore it, actually do something about it. Not particularly attracted to other guys but often get very turned on by the idea of having sexual experiences with them.

Any thoughts, opinions, suggestions?
    And once again, I know I should be ashamed of myself.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

You can't really help the way you feel tbh, it's not something to be ashamed of.

That said, your wife won't feel any less betrayed if you have a sexual encounter with a man rather than a woman. Even if it's as "innocent" as masturbating with another man, I think most spouses would feel betrayed that their spouse shared an intimate moment with someone else. So I certainly wouldn't be thinking of going down that road.

Perhaps broach it on the subject of sexual fantasies with your wife, maybe drop in the suggestion of a threesome, see what she thinks. She may be open to the idea, which gives you the opportunity to share this new experience together. She may shoot it down completely, in which case you just need to forget about it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭vbman

Thanks for the reply Seamus.
    Yeah I was thinking something along those lines alright.
    I have tried to bring up the idea of a threesome without making it too obvious, but there's no way she would even contemplate it. Even scenes like that in a film will prompt her to change channels.
    Let's hope I can forget it.
    Thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,325 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

These are the things you give up when you get married. As a married man there are alot of things that I would have liked to have done with my life that I now know will not be possible. What you need to ask yourself is this experience you want worth more than your marriage? If it is then you need to have some serious conversations with your wife. If not then best not to entertain the idea. That does not mean that you cannot window shop.:)

A threesome can be a very destructive element in a relationship so I would tread with a good deal of caution here before broaching the subject or going ahead with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    A threesome can be a very destructive element in a relationship so I would tread with a good deal of caution here before broaching the subject or going ahead with it.
    Indeed, I would do a lot of reading online in relation to the best ways to bring it up and then if she's open to it, do a LOT of reading on the best way to go about setting it up for first-timers. With most things sexual in a relationship, experimentation works out OK even if one partner isn't that into whatever you're doing. When you start introducing more people into the mix though, it becomes more complicated. So both people need to be completely happy with the decision to try it before you even start trying to set it up.

Note; my advice could be a pile of crap, as it's not something I've ever done :)

I'm 99.9% sure the threesome idea would never be a runner with her which is a pity, because after lots of thought (and I mean lots .. lol) I have come to the conclusion that a threesome would be the best way for me to explore.
    I guess I will have to just take Pawed rigs advise and window shop .. although that will just lead to more frustration.
    Just wish I had these feelings before I got married so I could have got them out of my system then.
    Sure you can't win them all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭whatis12

Hi, I have never had those thoughts towards another man and like you i am a happily married guy with kids, but when i say happily married i mean i am very happy to be married to my wife , i love her and the kids with every fiber of my being and i would literally die for them but a few years ago i had the feeling that i wanted to sleep with some one else and some a lot younger than me, i was 41 at the time. the chance came when a friend of mine's niece added me to her Facebook and let it be known she wanted to have an older guy in her bed, at first i thought she was just saying that because i had kinda flirted with her but it turned out she was very serious, so after a bit of planning i slept with her she was 19 , but believe me she didn't act it, and if you saw her out you would thing she was in her mid to late 20's. Anyway to cut a long story short, i had a 3 month affair, which i know some will think badly of me, but i slept with her about 15-20 times, the sex was amazing but it ended with both of us being satisfied, she is now happily married to her bf of then , i love my wife more and more everyday and are going to have another baby and i have the the thought so having a sex with a younger and in my case a much much younger woman out of my system and no one but no one but us knows about it, though i have to say that sometimes she brings it up, jokingly, when we are chatting on our own, but we both know it wont ever be acted upon again, so my advice is to, privately, go and do it , and hopefully after you do it will be satisfied once and for all ,hopefully! I know i was!

Thanks for that whatis .. but, way to confuse the issue even more. ha ha

Even if I was to decide to do something about it, like I said, I think a threesome is the way to go, I wouldn't have a clue how to go about finding a guy and girl for that.
    All in all, more confused than ever, but again thanks for the replies.

vbman wrote: »
    Thanks for that whatis .. but, way to confuse the issue even more. ha ha

Even if I was to decide to do something about it, like I said, I think a threesome is the way to go, I wouldn't have a clue how to go about finding a guy and girl for that.
    All in all, more confused than ever, but again thanks for the replies.

there are plenty of sites both paying and free online allowing you to fine bi guys and straight girls looking for just men to have sex with. I'll pm you with 1 or 2 names after that its up to you to fine them is that ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Is it the being with a man element that intrigues you or the... physical difference of sex with a man? Because there are ways to experience that with your wife. Google 'pegging'. It may be a way to explore this with your wife within the boundaries of your marriage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Is it the being with a man element that intrigues you or the... physical difference of sex with a man? Because there are ways to experience that with your wife. Google 'pegging'. It may be a way to explore this with your wife within the boundaries of your marriage.

Dying to know....

Terrified to google the P word at work...

fidgets at desk...

:D

• Advertisement

Now there's an option that could save you, if "Baby and crumble" is right in his or her thinking then that would save you a lot of frustration!

Ha ha .. Oldnotwise .. strap on .. would that be enough for you to know what it means?

I would love to try this with my wife, but again, like I said, while we have a healthy and active sex life, she is not and never has been into any kind of experimentation like this. We have discussed her using strap on but she flat out said no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Ha ha .. Oldnotwise .. strap on .. would that be enough for you to know what it means?

I would love to try this with my wife, but again, like I said, while we have a healthy and active sex life, she is not and never has been into any kind of experimentation like this. We have discussed her using strap on but she flat out said no.

gotcha :D

Relaxes, with back to the wall :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

whatis12 wrote: »
    there are plenty of sites both paying and free online allowing you to fine bi guys and straight girls looking for just men to have sex with. I'll pm you with 1 or 2 names after that its up to you to fine them is that ok?

i dont think the op wants to cheat on his wife? id say he doesnt want to betray her. not everyone is ok with living a lie like that.

I have never, and really don't want to cheat. But is this niggling feeling not going to just keep getting worse and worse?

Like I said, I would love to explore this with my wife, but there is no way she would ever dream of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭fleet

Genuine question: How is this any different than a regular, married, 'fully straight' guy wanting to screw another woman?

I can't help get the feeling that you would get a far more vitriolic, right-on, boards.ie roasting for suggesting this as a straight man.

Is there an angle I'm not seeing?

fleet wrote: »
    Genuine question: How is this any different than a regular, married, 'fully straight' guy wanting to screw another woman?

I can't help get the feeling that you would get a far more vitriolic, right-on, boards.ie roasting for suggesting this as a straight man.

i no i see it as no different. i dont think his wife would either.

I have never, and really don't want to cheat. But is this niggling feeling not going to just keep getting worse and worse?

Like I said, I would love to explore this with my wife, but there is no way she would ever dream of it.

can you not just keep it as a fantasy? is there any need to risk your relationship over it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Rick_

Perhaps this should be something you try and push with her a bit more, if you'll forgive the expression!

How about explaining that it's something you'd love to try, you'd like to experiment and be a bit more sexually adventurous with her and see if anything comes from it.

Is it the act of being penetrated anally you wish to experience or actually being with another man physically? If you think that being penetrated is enough on it's own to satisfy your curiosity, you could obtain a dildo or improvise with an array of household objects with a condom over them the next time you are on your own for a while.

By the way, I see it as no different as having an affair with a woman either. Cheating is cheating.

Just looking for opinions.

I've been trying to think of it as a fantasy, but the more you try to think of it that way, the more you think about it when you shouldn't. Ah sure it's just how a guy's brain works. ha ha

• Advertisement

fleet wrote: »

I wonder is it because that a married guy wanting to screw another guy would be seen as worse than if he screwed another woman, i dont think wanting to try a gay relationship when your married to a hot woman and have kids is looked highly upon lol not that screwing and another woman is either but screwing a woman is more the norm than screwing a man!

In reply to Paddy C.
    When she has an opinion, it's next to impossible to change it.
    Being honest, without being too graphic on here the main act I fantasise about is sucking a guy, the penetration I'm not even sure I would do .. probably if things got heated enough.

I wonder is it because that a married guy wanting to screw another guy would be seen as worse than if he screwed another woman, i dont think wanting to try a gay relationship when your married to a hot woman and have kids is looked highly upon lol not that screwing and another woman is either but screwing a woman is more the norm than screwing a man!

either way its a pretty scummy thing to do

In reply to whatis ..
    Sure being the "Norm" is boring. lol

In reply to Paddy C.
    When she has an opinion, it's next to impossible to change it.
    Being honest, without being too graphic on here the main act I fantasise about is sucking a guy, the penetration I'm not even sure I would do .. probably if things got heated enough.

well its not what shes into, you should respect thats her preferences

Pucamama .. I do respect it, that's why I won't try to change her mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭fleet

At least your not deluding yourself OP. No harm being honest with yourself, nor should there be here.

I guess I meant my post as a general observation on how society's hypocritical view on "poor gay man trapped in a straight marriage" v. "cheating scumbag basta*d wants to screw around".

PucaMama wrote: »
    either way its a pretty scummy thing to do

Can i ask every one here one thing................. how come the most normal thing between two human beings is totally frowned upon when married, lets face it sex between two people is the most natural thing humans can do but because of society and the church, who in the past have been accused of doing so much worse, say its a bad thing every one frowns upon it and it i mean having sex with someone the church says you have to stay with the rest of your life!!!! seems strange then that the church doesnt allow their own to marry also!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭loalae

Having sex isn't scummy, betraying a partner is.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,325 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Can i ask every one here one thing................. how come the most normal thing between two human beings is totally frowned upon when married,

Because it will break his wife's heart

Advertisement