Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colm Murray RIP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

RikkFlair wrote: »
    RTE sports broadcaster Colm Murray has lost his battle with Motor Neuron Disease.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/rte-presenter-colm-murray-passes-away-29459739.html

Very very sad, best known for his coverage of Horse Racing, particularly poignant with the Galway Races on this week. May he Rest In Peace.

Ah, that's sad. A lovely man, the documentary about his battle with the disease was very moving. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Always loved his obvious passion he showed on the news as soon as the horse racing came on. Absolute gent.
    RIP

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Ah the poor thing, what a fine man RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Very sad indeed. Seemed such a nice man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭calfmuscle

Sad news, he was a lovely presenter! Always enjoyed his coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Maysa07

I worked with Colm for a few years. He was a gentleman. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 33,860 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Loved listening to his voice, very distinctive and always a pleasant person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

RIP
    Very sad it's such a horrible thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭Ilik Urgee

By all accounts a gentleman.
    Used enjoy him presenting the news, very clear and easy understand.

RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭JP85

Very sad news, my grandad had the same disease and i wouldnt wish it upon my worst enemy, he dealt with it with great dignity which proved the calibre of the man.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

listermint wrote: »
    Loved listening to his voice, very distinctive and always a pleasant person.
    a strong clear articulate classy voice, the man was a pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

One of the sports voices of my childhood, very distinctive and well spoken. Very sad news.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 14 maherman

Horrible disease..... Rip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭laraghrider

Xavi6 wrote: »
    One of the sports voices of my childhood, very distinctive and well spoken. Very sad news.

RIP

This. RIP

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Benny_Cake wrote: »
    Ah, that's sad. A lovely man, the documentary about his battle with the disease was very moving. RIP.

Moving and inspiring. Very hard not to shed a tear for a man many of us grew up watching. A genuine sincerity and gentleness.

RIP Colm.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭fastrac

No doubt he will be remembered At Galway Races today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Benny_Cake wrote: »

RTE may well rebroadcast that in the coming weeks, I would urge everyone to watch it. The courage and determination he showed was unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Boiled-egg

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

He seemed like a lovely man, sad to hear the news. RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Sad news, always loved his sports coverage on RTE. Seemed like a great guy.

RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

So sad. His distinctive voice will live on in many memories for years to come. An absolute legend of Irish broadcasting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

The courage he showed in his latter years was nothing short of heroic. Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

R.I.P and on the first day of the Galway races.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I met him at a race meeting once, not sure if it was Galway or Kilbeggan, but I think it was Kilbeggan, v genial man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

His sister who also worked in the RTE (news) died suddenly in May She worked mainly on Morning Ireland on the radio. So a double tragedy in that family.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

Used to love Colm's sports coverage-also a great newsreader and admired his bravery during his documentary of his condition-twas how I found out about it.

Codladh Sámh,a Cholm.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭luckyboy

Met him in the RTE car park once and he was an absolute gent. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 34,072 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

RIP.

My family knew him well.

A true great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

They just played a clip from his documentary there on the 11 o'clock news on Today FM. I couldn't help but shed a few tears- what an awful disease and what a wonderfully dignified man.

A fantastic voice, so distinctive and instantly recognisable. He'll be sorely missed. Sympathies to his wife and daughters.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam.

Advertisement