Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,291 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

With Revolut, can you leave you balance at zero,after you pay, in case you forget to cancel, as that zero balance will/may stop Nowtv from robbing you next month?:D

Yep it's a debit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,324 ✭✭✭naughto

Any one have a link where I can buy the box?

Stacksocial doing lifetime sub of getflix for 35$ for next 7 days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

naughto wrote: »

The UK box? Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

naughto wrote: »

what make is your TV? is it a smart TV?

if you change the region of the TV to the UK the app might appear in the relevant app store.

I added it to my LG this way. no need for another box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

eoinf wrote: »
    what make is your TV? is it a smart TV?

if you change the region of the TV to the UK the app might appear in the relevant app store.

I added it to my LG this way. no need for another box.

Could you sign in on your LG TV? I have the app but says my payment details are invalid but works fine on laptop and phone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

Could you sign in on your LG TV? I have the app but says my payment details are invalid but works fine on laptop and phone

Have you got a uk account? If it is then your lg TV needs to be set for services in the UK also. That's what I have done and it works fine.

Have you got a uk account? If it is then your lg TV needs to be set for services in the UK also. That's what I have done and it works fine.

Services set to UK but LG and PS4 not supported in Ireland

Lovely. I've 2 free passes. Next to useless

It's actually quicker and much less hassle to watch GoT the jack sparrow way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Interestingly the U.K. Native iOS apps will not work on cellular due to regional restrictions but work on wifi. Seems weird as technically routine to geo block wifi if they wanted.

Yeah second this.

Set the TV to UK with a UK postcode.

Then set up using a sterling revoult account to prevent them blocking cause its a Irish/euro credit card.

• Advertisement

Yeah second this.

Set the TV to UK with a UK postcode.

Then set up using a sterling revoult account to prevent them blocking cause its a Irish/euro credit card.

Cool, but I guess my free JustEat passes won't work with this

Cool, but I guess my free JustEat passes won't work with this

No clue. You might be able to create 2 accounts am Irish and an English one log in and out.

But I'm up to 12 months pass banked on both TVs and movies from cheap eBay passes.

Dip in and out of a sports day pass if and when I want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Have they introduced limits on passes? I've used a few in the past myself, but if they have a limit, i'm afraid of buying one and it not working

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Have they introduced limits on passes? I've used a few in the past myself, but if they have a limit, i'm afraid of buying one and it not working

think that only applied to promotional passes (Such as the carling sports day passes)

I've been checking with the ebay sellers where the passes are coming from. it seems if they came free with the various box options being sold, that they can be used without limit. I am onto my 4-5th pass for both entertainment and movies.

I bought a sports day pass (carling i suspect) which didn't work. Got onto the seller and they refunded it straight away once they verified that i couldn't/didn't use the pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,214 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

A lot of the eBay passes seem to come from resellers who were buying the boxes to sideload Plex for dodgier purposes. Sky blocked this now so you don't really see these boxes being sold for any other reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭gussieg

I got one of these Christmas 2015 and after re applying address details to the UK, was watching away merrily til about 2 months ago. Is it now possible to use this box for nowtv at all? I don't currently have broadband but if it made a difference , would go for it. Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

gussieg wrote: »
    I got one of these Christmas 2015 and after re applying address details to the UK, was watching away merrily til about 2 months ago. Is it now possible to use this box for nowtv at all? I don't currently have broadband but if it made a difference , would go for it. Thanks

No, have a Roku box myself bought from Amazon. They just won't entertain it. Only way to watch Now Tv on TV is with a Now Tv Irish Box.

Edit: Update as posters say Playstations and Now Tv Uk box working

• Registered Users Posts: 26,245 ✭✭✭✭noodler

gizmo81 wrote: »
    No, have a Roku box myself bought from Amazon. They just won't entertain it. Only way to watch Now Tv on TV is with a Now Tv Irish Box.

Or a ps3/4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

gizmo81 wrote: »

My English box is still working

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

noodler wrote: »
    Or a ps3/4

No PS4 support for me for Now TV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

Is the any Now TV box out there with Unlimited subsribtion?

gussieg wrote: »

Think the ban was temporary. My box and Tv app are working away again.

leemaree wrote: »
    3 and 6 month passes available but otherwise its month to month subs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BandMember

leemaree wrote: »

From what I understand, you have been in touch with a number of people on this issue and they have answered your questions for you already.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭finno

Hi

My brother and i have a roku now tv box if i buy a month pass
    for sky sports can he log into my account and watch the football in his house
    same time when i am watching it in my house? And is it max 2 boxes at the same time?

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

finno wrote: »
    Hi

same time when i am watching it in my house? And is it max 2 boxes at the same time?

might work

but then might have an issue with different client ips

• Registered Users Posts: 26,245 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Occono wrote: »
    No PS4 support for me for Now TV.

Get a UK psn account and yob an get UK one.

finno wrote: »
    Hi

there is a free day pass for the open this weekend

could test it out with that. if its an irish account i have a free just eat 14 day trial code, cant use with my uk account. you're welcome to that to test it out.

cheers - didn't know that. That's Sunday catered for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭finno

could test it out with that. if its an irish account i have a free just eat 14 day trial code, cant use with my uk account. you're welcome to that to test it out.

Thanks mate can you pm me the code

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

Advertisement