Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭skilachi

Yeah,they're about the size of a saucer and have a tuner built in, hence the larger size.

Sorry for being a cabbage but here goes. I have a lg smart tv. Do I have to buy a nowtv box and if so how do I put a sky sports pass on to it? Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

skilachi wrote: »
    Sorry for being a cabbage but here goes. I have a lg smart tv. Do I have to buy a nowtv box and if so how do I put a sky sports pass on to it? Thanks in advance

if you set the region to the UK and put in a random uk postcode you can download the app through the LG store. (if your LG is a smart tv)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

eoinf wrote: »
    if you set the region to the UK and put in a random uk postcode you can download the app through the LG store. (if your LG is a smart tv)
    I've an LG smart TV (webOS) and the NowTV app is actually available on the Irish version now. It appeared sometime last week in beta, the sky store app is available as well. So no need to switch regions if you want to just use the Irish version.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

DubDJ wrote: »
    I've an LG smart TV (webOS) and the NowTV app is actually available on the Irish version now. It appeared sometime last week in beta, the sky store app is available as well. So no need to switch regions if you want to just use the Irish version.

Using the UK app and an account with UK address allows you to avail of the sterling prices which are a few euro cheaper and getting slightly better with the exchange rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Think the lads have been of help here, I'm not much use, not being familiar with LG TVs seems that LG use their own operating system and has its own webstore, probably have a look there?

Whether theres an app on the LG or you buy a box, you need to open an account, you can do that on a PC or tablet, then the passes are just a line of letters and digits that you apply.

if you buy them on Ebay like some of us do, the seller sends you the line of letters etc as an email.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭skilachi

Thanks everyone. I found the app on my LG. Will look on ebay fod sky sports pass. Maybe a 12 month one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Thanks everyone. I found the app on my LG. Will look on ebay fod sky sports pass. Maybe a 12 month one.

Where did all of you find the app on LG? :)

If I set services to UK I get the UK one in with Netflix. I can't sign into an Irish account on the UK app

Set to Ireland I can't see a now tv app anywhere even in the store

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Can you watch the new sky sports channels on this??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Where did all of you find the app on LG? :)

If I set services to UK I get the UK one in with Netflix. I can't sign into an Irish account on the UK app

Set to Ireland I can't see a now tv app anywhere even in the store
    It's a UK only app. Daft, I know - but the people at Now TV made the systems separate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

JDxtra wrote: »
    It's a UK only app. Daft, I know - but the people at Now TV made the systems separate.

It's not UK only anymore, it's been available in Ireland the last week or two.

New apps sometimes just appear in my menu and that's how I noticed it. It's in the store for me at the moment too. Started a trial earlier and was able to watch through the app without issue. My settings are all set to Ireland and I used an Irish account.

I'm running the latest version of LG webOS so maybe the older versions don't support the NowTV app.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rogercross

Anyone here seen any good deals recently on the 6 month entertainment passes for UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

rogercross wrote: »
    Anyone here seen any good deals recently on the 6 month entertainment passes for UK?
    What's a good deal price wise? I'm getting a 2 month entertainment pass tomorrow and can give it to you for €4.50? (Not sure if i'm allowed offer that on this forum so apologies if not).

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭white_westie

Seems to be very quiet at the moment. Still using passes from last year, so like yourself, watching closely to replenish

Last year i got a 6 month pass (which came with a box) for about £30 if i remember right.

Just doesn't seem to be those kind of deals anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭white_westie

They were only 20UKP each - I got 2 of them.
    Also for some reason seeing 5 not 6 month passes recently (not a great price though)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

Last year i got a 6 month pass (which came with a box) for about £30 if i remember right.

Just doesn't seem to be those kind of deals anymore.

That’s because Sky whose business it is to make as much profit as possible read public threads like this and close down opportunities

That’s because Sky whose business it is to make as much profit as possible read public threads like this and close down opportunities

May be true but as its a UK service I doubt the odd discussion on an irish message board shut down all the 6 month pass offers across the uk

May be true but as its a UK service I doubt the odd discussion on an irish message board shut down all the 6 month pass offers across the uk

Sky have a forum here on boards,you can be pretty sure they’re well aware of here and the publicly discussed deals on U.K. message boards like digital spy etc

Anyway ill keep an eye out in the coming weeks and see if theres anything decent on Amazon or other places.

Still very good value anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭postsnthing

rogercross wrote:
    Anyway ill keep an eye out in the coming weeks and see if theres anything decent on Amazon or other places.

Strangely all the now TV boxes and passed are out of stock with Amazon according to camelx3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,216 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

There are a few deals on AO.com at the moment

Most of the eBay type deals don't exist anymore because people were buying truck loads of boxes, loading them with Plex and reselling them for other purposes - so they just put the pass up on eBay to recoup a bit of the cost of the box. Sky blocked Plex & other uses of the Now TV boxes so you don't really get as many people with spare passes to sell on now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Now TV with 2 months skycinema or 2 months entertainment are €24 in argos - didn't check stock levels - is this a good price for the box?

ablelocks wrote: »
    Now TV with 2 months skycinema or 2 months entertainment are €24 in argos - didn't check stock levels - is this a good price for the box?

Yes
    It’s usually €40

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

I bought a two month cinema pass on eBay yesterday for my uk account yesterday. When I go to apply to voucher it shows it is for two months but it won't let me activate it.
    Has anyone experienced something like this lately?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

Thanks for the heads up on this, don’t have a smart tv so have been watching Now tv on the iPad, wasn’t going to pay €40 for a box.
    And Nowtv have a Black Friday deal on the entertainment pass at the minute, half price for 3 mths, so I might buy the box with the cinema pass and then get the half price pass for entertainment. Christmas viewing sorted!

Just an edit to this, apparently the 3 mth offer is only for existing customers who haven’t had the entertainment pass at all previously. I’ve had the just eat voucher so I’m going to try setting up with a new email etc when before the offer runs out on the 27th- my current pass is active til the 30th.

We’ve 2 of these boxes from Argos and they are both very buggy,often randomly restarting

We’ve 2 of these boxes from Argos and they are both very buggy,often randomly restarting

Ah
    The box does not like WiFi extenders
    Error 009 cannot connect to the internet even though any other device is working fine on the extender

It’s another example of sky’s half hearted approach to now tv
    No Dolby surround
    No 1080 hd
    And now this...

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Box-black/Error-009/td-p/411400

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Nice spot . Have a movies box reserved. That with 3 months entertainment at half price fills the gap when I ditched sky in 28 days and reinstall my virgin box which doesn't have a lot of the sky channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

Yes. The service as a whole is a ripoff though.

Also ignore the iPlayer mention in Argos's description.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ablelocks

currys/pcworld have this at €24 too..

am i correct in assuming that it needs really good broadband service to work ?

Advertisement