Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison Architect Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

I got them in the emergency tab.
    Quite effective at stomping people into mush.

Oh ok. Yeah I was looking at them in bureaucracy. Tried finding them in the staff page, nut I guess their no supposed to be in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    Have any of you managed to get riot guards yet? I've seen videos of people using them but for me they say they have yet to be introduced?
    I got them in the emergency tab.
    Quite effective at stomping people into mush.

Yeah you can't buy them for permanent use in your prison just yet but you can make as much use of the 3 squads of riot police under the emergency section right now.

In my last prison, my prisoners were going mental rioting every half an hour or so, so I just had the 3 emergency riot police squads on stand by in a corner of the prison yard. :cool:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I vastly underestimated the power of the riot police. My first riot (only 8 prisoners) I called in two squads. :pac:

They marched in and battered the living **** out of them in 2 seconds. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I vastly underestimated the power of the riot police. My first riot (only 8 prisoners) I called in two squads. :pac:

They marched in and battered the living **** out of them in 2 seconds. :P

Sounds about right :L

3u071i.jpg

O_o my workers are bringing in the sheet metal for this prison. Am I going crazy or shouldn't the prisoners be doing that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Dothehustle

O_o my workers are bringing in the sheet metal for this prison. Am I going crazy or shouldn't the prisoners be doing that?

You want to let your prisoners outside ... your very trusting.
    Just had my first big riot 60 odd people in it and only 1 dead :) and it was a visitor ... my bad

Now this guy knows what's up! A work only prison. No beds, no food, no showers, no yard. They work 24/7 and if there's a fight, they get pummelled by the guards and put in one of 50 or so solitary cells :P

EDIT: It seems Alpha 12 should be out sometime this or next week. Updates seem to be release every month.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I now have 20 prisoners...

I'm recovering at least 4 knives a day...

If I didn't have metal detectors going into the cell block I'd be in serious trouble I'd say. :pac:

How do you guys satisfy the exercise need? I have loads of weight benches and the prisoners are getting plenty of yard and free time to use them, yet a few are still complaining...

I also have to laugh at one guy who wants more freedom, yet he's been caught with shanks at least 3 times in the 7 days he's been in the prison.... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭shaneb92

Had a riot with 24 prisoners... all 5 guards have been killed, dident unlock riot control, have no money left to get more guards and the prisoners are currently making **** of the place.

Think its time to start a new prison

shaneb92 wrote: »
    Had a riot with 24 prisoners... all 5 guards have been killed, dident unlock riot control, have no money left to get more guards and the prisoners are currently making **** of the place.

Think its time to start a new prison

You can call in riot police from the Emergencies tab. Can't remember what they cost unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

For a bit of a laugh last night i brought in 12 riot police at 4am set them all up in the showers, had a jail door installed then woke the prisoners up for an early shower. Set the place to lockdown and let time run its course, absolute chaos :D

For a bit of a laugh last night i brought in 12 riot police at 4am set them all up in the showers, had a jail door installed then woke the prisoners up for an early shower. Set the place to lockdown and let time run its course, absolute chaos :D

tumblr_m7gqbaLbfu1qet12no1_500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

shaneb92 wrote: »

That seems to be for people who don't like this game really.

Do you have any shows about the orderly and uneventful running of a prison?

Any one else's prison gone very slow .. mine has become pretty much unplayable only have 80~ prisoners .. Hopefully the next release will improve it a bit

Any one else's prison gone very slow .. mine has become pretty much unplayable only have 80~ prisoners .. Hopefully the next release will improve it a bit

With those kind of numbers? No. But if there is a lot of indicators flashing, then mine slows down.

Can anyone tell me, are sections of the prison meant to go dark randomly?

I find occasionally a corridor or a room will have a blackout, generator still running fine with maximum capacitors, and it'll just... sort itself out after a few seconds...

I also loaded a save today and as soon as it loaded, my entire cellblock started showing up as having no water. Only resolved itself when I went into Utilities...

Had a riot as well today over dirty clothes...

Is it just me, or is it a bit sh*t that you have to unlock laundry? Like, I could understand you having to unlock the ability to have Prisoners work in the Laundry, but surely from day 1 you should be able to hire someone to do it for you, and later on assign inmates to help out this person for added efficiency/reduced cost or something...

With those kind of numbers? No. But if there is a lot of indicators flashing, then mine slows down.

nope no indicators flashing.. Jails on the big side but i have seen people play with up to 150 people.. maybe its just bugging out ..i guess i just start again and see what happens
    wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me, are sections of the prison meant to go dark randomly?

I find occasionally a corridor or a room will have a blackout, generator still running fine with maximum capacitors, and it'll just... sort itself out after a few seconds...

I also loaded a save today and as soon as it loaded, my entire cellblock started showing up as having no water. Only resolved itself when I went into Utilities...
    cant say i have noticed that at all its not the fog of war ?? weird for just an area to black out ... but when i start a game it takes around 10 sec for all the indicators to stop

nope no indicators flashing.. Jails on the big side but i have seen people play with up to 150 people.. maybe its just bugging out ..i guess i just start again and see what happens

cant say i have noticed that at all its not the fog of war ?? weird for just an area to black out ... but when i start a game it takes around 10 sec for all the indicators to stop

No, definitely not FoW (which btw, I really hope they fix in the next Alpha because it can't be turned off) because the lights start indicating no power.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,288 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

My god this game is addictive!

I have noticed a few problems like staff not using the staff door or workers just decide to stop moving. But for an Alpha its surprisingly stable.

• Advertisement

Water does take time to flow throughout the network. When I load my prisons, the furthest pipe in the line has the flashing indicator for about 3 seconds until the flow catches up.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

I opened my prison the other day after spending a good while building. I had one power station with the max amount of capacitors. For the first day or so, the single power station was fine. But then the power cut. I tried turning it all back on but it just trips again. I built another power station and connected it to the grind, but the same thing happens. Surely two power stations with the max amount of capacitors should be more then enough for a small prison!?

Mister Man wrote: »
    I opened my prison the other day after spending a good while building. I had one power station with the max amount of capacitors. For the first day or so, the single power station was fine. But then the power cut. I tried turning it all back on but it just trips again. I built another power station and connected it to the grind, but the same thing happens. Surely two power stations with the max amount of capacitors should be more then enough for a small prison!?

Are all the individual capacitors switched on?

Mister Man wrote: »

are the two power stations hooked up together ??? That's cause it to trip.
    If you have two of them the lines can't meet they have to power different parts of the prison

are the two power stations hooked up together ??? That's cause it to trip.
    If you have two of them the lines can't meet they have to power different parts of the prison

That's why my first prison failed. Couldn't get my power back on after I installed my second station. Only know have I realised.

Anyone have an idea when the new alpha update is being released?

hopefully in the next few day ... usually end of the month

That's why my first prison failed. Couldn't get my power back on after I installed my second station. Only know have I realised.

I only know cause the same happened to me .. But the colour of the power lines should be different so u know what generator you power is coming out of

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I know this is still in alpha but Is there any official release date yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,288 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I know this is still in alpha but Is there any official release date yet?

Guy reckons that its gonna be in alpha for a long time. Theres no mention of even a beta yet

Advertisement