Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carl Froch vs George Groves

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Henno30

I haven't been able to follow too much of the build up for this but has Froch been a right dickhead? I'm seemingly one of the few people who actually likes Froch but I'm feeling even more isolated than usual this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

The program starts at 6 and idea what time the main event is due to start?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,595 ✭✭✭✭walshb

He got the cheers from the crowd at weigh-in. Groves is disliked by the majority of the fans.

It's a dangerous fight for Froch. He loses, and it really damages his legacy. He wins ugly and he will be criticised. He needs a solid win here.

When I first heard the fight was on I thought Groves was well out of his depth. But now I think he could causes some problems. IF his chin holds and is able to take what Froch can dish out then George has a good chance to make this a close fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Henno30

walshb wrote: »
    He got the cheers from the crowd at weigh-in. Groves is disliked by the majority of the fans.

It's a dangerous fight for Froch. He loses, and it really damages his legacy. He wins ugly and he will be criticised. He needs a solid win here.

When I first heard the fight was on I thought Groves was well out of his depth. But now I think he could causes some problems. IF his chin holds and is able to take what Froch can dish out then George has a good chance to make this a close fight.

You think Froch will struggle to get to him?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,595 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Henno30 wrote: »
    You think Froch will struggle to get to him?

That's what I am thinking. Froch is not some bulldozer. He can be quite patient, and he likes a foe to come to him a bit more. George won't press it much. George will be very slippy, cautious and sneaky. Pot shotting from mid range.

Froch I feel will be forced to be the aggressor, moving forward and throwing, which I think will lessen the power of his shots, as George will be riding them somewhat! Of course, George has to engage, but if he can engage in a clever and counter punching way then maybe his chin can avoid real flush shots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

I haven't been able to follow too much of the build up for this but has Froch been a right dickhead? I'm seemingly one of the few people who actually likes Froch but I'm feeling even more isolated than usual this time.

He is getting over cocky now and arrogant. And he has actually believed the hype job sky have done on him. I used to have a bit of time for him but he does my head in now. I hear this talk about What a tough run of fights he has had. Yusuf mack. Johnson. A poor super middle weight in Abraham. A washed up middle weight in Taylor. Were hardly fights he Would be expected to lose Add Also If he fought the kessler that fought calzaghe he Would of got badly beaten like he did against ward. . I dont buy into him and never will.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,289 ✭✭✭megadodge

Froch has been a dickhead??? Groves has covered himself in ridicule for the patheticly childish way he has been acting in the buildup. And the funny thing is, when he fought DeGale he won a lot of admirers in the cool, calm way he behaved when DeGale was being a gobsh!te.

Despite the fact that I really think Groves can give Froch a lot of problems, I really hope Carl beats him. From the general feeling around at the moment, most boxing fans seem on Froch's side. Froch is a straightforward, honest type of person. The type of person I like.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Roughly what time is Andy Lee on?

Roughly what time is Andy Lee on?

Did you read any of the thread , maybe check page 9

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Did you read any of the thread , maybe check page 9

No just decided to jump in here,cheers pointing that out.

Looks like il be on a highstool so watching him.

• Advertisement

Let the show begin,

6-7 free on sky box office so if you have not it on should get a fight in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Anyone know what time the main event starts?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Anyone know what time the main event starts?

10 30- 11

• Registered Users Posts: 4,347 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

any channel streaming this PPV fight?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

Watchin Luke Campbell here now, god bless the net was gonna get it on sky but like €21;95

pac_man wrote: »
    I wish they had Richie Woodhall commentating on this, he seems to be the only one that will talk about a fight from a technical viewpoint. Nick Halling is terrible and Jim Watt loves a cliche.

I agree on the technical side, but he is terribly biased towards UK fighters. There's absolutely no objectivity whatsoever. Always believes beforehand that the UK fighter will win, irrespective of opposition. But obviously that won't be an issue in this fight.

For what it's worth, I like Jim Watt.

liam7831 wrote: »
    Watchin Luke Campbell here now, god bless the net was gonna get it on sky but like €21;95

A woeful Match up

Ya brutal but I suppose they did just pick up this fella from the street yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭gene_tunney

Jim "Arrrrum Punches" Watt is clueless. Campbell is a hypejob

• Advertisement

I cant stand that other clown constantly trying to get on camera

Jim "Arrrrum Punches" Watt is clueless. Campbell is a hypejob

Aaaaaah, back to normal again. I was worried there when you posted a few posts that didn't include the word "overrated" or "hypejob". I thought somebody hijacked your account.

How the hell you can decide a very deserving Olympic champion (along with European champ and World silver medalist) who is only in his 4th pro fight is a "hypejob" is beyond me. He has done what's expected against poor opposition so far and whenever he steps up we'll see what he's made of, but to write him off already just shows your negativity and pessimism knows no bounds.

Yeah I agree with you there, he is a bit biased,cringy in the Olympics. Just think the American networks are streets ahead on this regard, Jones and Malignaggi offer a bit more analysis and steward when he was alive. I miss his stuff.

I love listening to Jones analysis. He's so sharp and offers an articulate, knowledgable perspective you don't normally get from analysts. Malignaggi could go on to be the very best analyst yet on the little I've seen of him so far. Very knowledgable on even the most obscure fighters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭gene_tunney

Think its a bit early to be calling him a hypejob after one ordinary performance.

Actually I was calling him a hypejob after his last fight a few weeks ago.
    megadodge wrote: »
    How the hell you can decide a very deserving Olympic champion (along with European champ and World silver medalist) who is only in his 4th pro fight is a "hypejob" is beyond me. He has done what's expected against poor opposition so far and whenever he steps up we'll see what he's made of, but to write him off already just shows your negativity and pessimism knows no bounds.

A hypejob is a fighter who is overhyped. Campbell is obviously very good, otherwise he wouldn't have won gold, but he isn't as good as the sky sports guys think. I don't think his style suits the pro game and I don't think he will be the big deal that people anticipate.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Andrew Flexing

wonder if they commentators label Lee as British when he is on, like Glenn McCrory did before

Froch to win with late KO

my URBAN EXPLORATION YouTube channel: https://www.facebook.com/ASMRurbanexploration/

Actually I was calling him a hypejob after his last fight a few weeks ago.

A hypejob is a fighter who is overhyped. Campbell is obviously very good, otherwise he wouldn't have won gold, but he isn't as good as the sky sports guys think. I don't think his style suits the pro game and I don't think he will be the big deal that people anticipate.

In what way?
    Genuine question.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Somebody pm me please.

Jesus, in the first 30 seconds Andy has already got clearly clipped 3 times.

This fella is dog rough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Jim Watt's commentary has been appalling already.

Advertisement