Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

topless sunbathing

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,644 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Who is "we" as in, we're screwed up?? there are very few countries in the world where public nudity is casually accepted!

Of course it is much more likely to be acceptable on beaches because swimming with clothes on is about as unnatural as taking a bath while fully dressed! in fact, centuries ago, everyone bathed naked (in private locations) and swimsuits were only invented in the 19th century!
    There are many places in Ireland where you can swim au naturel: The police mostly ignore them unless there is a complaint, and complaints are caused usually by sexual harassment, rather than by the nudity itself. When did you last hear of a person being prosecuted for innocently sunbathing or swimming naked, with appropriate discretion?
    Donabate, Brittas, Dalkey, are well-used and may tend to collect voyeurs and show-offs :-(
    but if you ask around locally, almost every county has a few swimming places that are used by naturists...just, they are normally quiet coves etc out of sight of the textiles - we dont want to frighten the horses, as it were, or attract attention of the wrong kind.

Happy hunting, folks, and by the way, I am always looking for suggestions for good swimming spots where one can swim in the natural state.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

It's ok to look at tits, but if kids see the darker coloured circle of skin in the middle with the pointy bit they'll go blind.
    Fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

shane9689 wrote: »
    in the amazon they have a ritual where they dance around dressed as penis's when a girl reaches menstruation...sort of a celebration..

witnessed a birthday party in Kerry with birthday boy dressed as a mickey and his mates dressed as sperm(s)...took me a few mins to work out what they were supposed to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 boru36

Katgurl wrote: »
    No, please no segregated topless areas just a little less hysteria. I love sunbathing topless, have done all my life, our mother always told us to cop on and get over ourselves. Girls are so bl00dy self-conscious and have so many body hang-ups in general, I'm sure that's largely down to only seeing other naked girls in air brushed magazine shoots. Less pointless drama about a bit of nudity would sort that right out.

It really pi$$es me off when I have to wear my bikini top because company or location won't welcome it. When i was younger (and far more obnoxious) i didn't care but now I am slightly more respectful to cultural expectations or situations like my covered up friend not appreciating me letting it all hang out in front of her husband.

Very annoying though. I hate tan lines.

I think im in love with u :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

seen one not so nice pair today.wasn't to warm out today mind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

seen one not so nice pair today.wasn't to warm out today mind

Ill bet they were all pointed up though, and ready to tune in Radio Moscow.:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,539 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Red Nissan wrote: »
    coming across topless women

Class!

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Penfailed wrote: »
    Class!

things must!

Penfailed wrote: »
    Class!

needs must ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

So:

- "We're" screwed up because public nudity is not prohibited

- There's some sort of anti-men policy being desperately searched for here because a man's bare chest and a women's breasts are the very same, and it shouldn't be a problem for a guy's genitals to be on show on the beach because someone is wondering whether people would want a segregated area for women to sunbathe topless purple monkey dishwasher

Some guys moobs are far more offensive than lady lumps on show.

• Advertisement

johnayo wrote: »
    Ill bet they were all pointed up though, and ready to tune in Radio Moscow.:D.

hardy women here in north county Dublin\east meath

Advertisement