Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

topless sunbathing

Options
  • 20-07-2013 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭

took a good stroll up gormanstown beach today,my 9year old son and his mate in tow and i counted 11 topless women in the two mile stretch we walked. The lads had a great laugh of course,being 9year old boys and that,but it got me thinking.Im sure there were plenty of parents today that didn't want their own kids seeing that,so is it time local councils took the European approach and designated topless/naked sections on our beaches?because plenty are already stripping off regardless,and probably offending some people.On the European beaches with nude sections it kind of polices itself,so it wouldn't cost anything.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Are we talking hot topless chicks or flabby naked chicks..this is important.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

What's wrong with been topless on a beach ,there only breasts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

took a good stroll up gormanstown beach today,my 9year old son and his mate in tow and i counted 11 topless women . . . . . .
    I've tried three times and I can't read beyond this point.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

took a good stroll up gormanstown beach today,my 9year old son and his mate in tow and i counted 11 topless women in the two mile stretch we walked. The lads had a great laugh of course,being 9year old boys and that,but it got me thinking.Im sure there were plenty of parents today that didn't want their own kids seeing that,so is it time local councils took the European approach and designated topless/naked sections on our beaches?because plenty are already stripping off regardless,and probably offending some people.On the European beaches with nude sections it kind of polices itself,so it wouldn't cost anything.

...GOOD JAYSUS NO!!!!If a 9 year old seems the female breast, his eyes will fall out.

You start a "cover the sin pillows" campaign. We need more shame and repression in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Brian2208

Where's Gormanstown?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

Topless sunbathing is to be strongly encouraged. It is a good thing. Due to the fact the nearest beach is an hours drive, I for one would welcome its introduction in parks, gaa grounds and all public spaces. Even in Tescos. Those disagreeing, while perfectly entitled to their opinion, are wrong. An upper weight limit might need to be considered though... and artificial, year round sun-lamps to encourage things when it's chilly.. feck the esb bill..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭Weevil

Probably better for the kids to see real breasts than being confused by the silicon eruptions delivered by the internet when your back is turned.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭regress

took a good stroll up gormanstown beach today,my 9year old son and his mate in tow and i counted 11 topless women in the two mile stretch we walked. .

You are a boring conservative old fart. Nine years olds don't necessarily see female breasts as sexual or be traumatized by the sight of them.

Sound like you have issues with the sight of women's bodies. Don't pass on your hang ups to your son.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

Brian2208 wrote: »
    Where's Gormanstown?

It's named after this man who local residents dedicated his home town to his name after his party was annihilated at the general election a few year ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Take them down to the 40 foot instead, show them how the other half lives.
    Topless sunbathing is quite common in Ireland theses days & it's legality...or not is very subjective.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

Topless sunbathing is class. What the hell are you talking about?

See it through your young lad's eyes. Think about it, if you we're 9 years old and your Dad was responsible for the banning of nude women on beaches you'd ****ing hate him. Don't be that guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

regress wrote: »
    You are a boring conservative old fart. Nine years olds don't necessarily see female breasts as sexual or be traumatized by the sight of them.

Sound like you have issues with the sight of women's bodies. Don't pass on your hang ups to your son.
    The ninja edit destroyed a brilliant freudian slip regress - I preferred the first version!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Never heard of a designated topless beach on the continent, so your kids saw twenty four or so boobs, have they never seen boobs before? if I were you I'd arrange counselling straight away but you may have to accept that they may never get over it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

ElChe32 wrote: »
    Are we talking hot topless chicks or flabby naked chicks..this is important.

this is important,to be fair they were all quite nice,with some nicer than others.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

did you hear me complaining???

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

this is important,to be fair they were all quite nice,with some nicer than others.

Ahhh sooo you want select topless ness ie only the ones you want to oggle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Juniorhurler

Gatling wrote: »
    Ahhh sooo you want select topless ness ie only the ones you want to oggle

Of course. What other way would we want it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭kiffer

Worst thing about topless sunbathing is that it means no tan lines...
    Nice clean clear tan lines...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I was on holidays with some women who were embarrassed about women sunbathing topless at the pool. They're doctors ffs :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Neo Unionist

totally agree. I was at Malahide beach last weekend, I stripped off bollock naked and swam in the water. I don't care what a bunch of conservatives have to say, it's a free country.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Dunno bout you but when I was a 9 year old kid I loved them in a very sexy way anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

If you're talking about nude beaches, are men bottomless? Its only fair everything is allowed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 George Huxley 1983

Pics or gtfo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

As a woman I'm confused as to why people would get annoyed, ney outraged, if anyone complained about a woman breastfeeding yet when a woman is toplessly sunbathing it's somehow socially unacceptable. God forbid the poor kids would be emotionally scarred for life by the sight of breasts. I think anyone that found topless sunbathing offensive would have far too much time on their hands and not enough boobs in them, perhaps:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

It's named after this man who local residents dedicated his home town to his name after his party was annihilated at the general election a few year ago.

Looks fairly gormless tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

You cannot be serious.

Hope you took him to confession straight away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

I'd like to see more of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

I dont get how this is a big deal tbh, kids couldnt give a feck.
    Its the summer people, time to chill the hell out.
    I for one am enjoying this global warming and all its perks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

Nude beaches on the continent are NUDE - 100% nude. There is no designation for topless areas that I have ever seen. There were topless women on every beach i have ever been on on the continent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

kiffer wrote: »
    Worst thing about topless sunbathing is that it means no tan lines...
    Nice clean clear tan lines...

You sick sick pervert.. this is why everyone ought to be naked. Nobody wants their tan-lines being gawked at by some weirdo hidden in a sand dune.

Advertisement