Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hill 16 not open for Meath v Tyrone/Kildare?

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭InchicoreDude

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    supposedly the Jones Road near Croker is flooded. Hope its fine for everyone going to the games tomorow

This road seems to get flooded quite easily. Was flooded after Galway - Kerry a few years ago too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

iDave wrote: »
    Remember when Meath used to own the old Canal and acted as a counterbalance to the Hill. Thems were the days.

I remember that. Awfully fans used to do that too, during the successful Eugene McGee days. Great crack altogether !

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Hibbeler

What sort of a crowd are we expecting for the triple header today? It will be no doubt bolstered by Cavan fans making a rare trip down to the big smoke! Meath & Tyrone should also bring decent crowds. Not sure about the other 3 though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

The crowd will be at its highest during the Cork match i reckon. Can't really see many Cavan folk staying an extra 4 hours to see the Meath match or Meath/Tyrone fans arriving 4 hours early. Whatever the official attendance is, i'd say no more than half will be in the stadium at any one time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

I heard on RTE it is 25,000

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Poor crowd in Croker. Playing Meath/Tyrone in Breffni or Clones would have had a better crowd and atmosphere. Galway/Cork was never going to be overcrowded, but Limerick would have got as many.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭AngeGal

ardmacha wrote: »
    Poor crowd in Croker. Playing Meath/Tyrone in Breffni or Clones would have had a better crowd and atmosphere. Galway/Cork was never going to be overcrowded, but Limerick would have got as many.

Probably but London might never get a chance to play a champîonship game in Croker again, almost worth it for that alone imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

So should Hill 16 have been opened or was it a good call by the GAA ?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Dublinmackem

On the OP referring to the Dubs qualifiers being quiet is a bit misleading if you don't mention the outrageous weather when we played Tipperary, to add there was still a crowd on the hill, Dublin will always put in a good crowd even on a cold February evening for a league game, I think the decision possibly just reflects the support or lack of from alot of counties to be honest, Up the Dubs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭smallerthanyou

There was a touch over 33k there. No need for the hill. Cork match cracking entertainment.

Just to add that was official attendance. At no point was there anywhere near that number in stadium at one time. Cavan were leavin in big numbers after first game. And Meath hadn't arrived. Not sure what the six or seven from cork did.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

On the OP referring to the Dubs qualifiers being quiet is a bit misleading if you don't mention the outrageous weather when we played Tipperary, ...............

Horrible day matched only by the football !

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

There was a touch over 33k there. No need for the hill. Cork match cracking entertainment.

Just to add that was official attendance. At no point was there anywhere near that number in stadium at one time. Cavan were leavin in big numbers after first game. And Meath hadn't arrived. Not sure what the six or seven from cork did.......

I'd easily say out of the 33k Cavan and Meath brought 25k between them and Tyrone the other 5k.

The Galway Cork game was cracking entertainment but there was nobody there for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Hibbeler

Lemlin wrote: »
    I'd easily say out of the 33k Cavan and Meath brought 25k between them and Tyrone the other 5k.

The Galway Cork game was cracking entertainment but there was nobody there for it.

There was a handful of Galway supporters clumpted together near me on the lower cusack stand, probably a hundred or so in that group. I could count the number of Cork supporters I saw on one hand. Such a shame because it was a great game of open exciting football played the way football should be. The Galway goal at the death was amazing as well.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Hill open Saturday (20 euro tickets) but no open Sunday, so tickets are 30 euro.
    Seems odd that the cheaper ticket option isn't open for all. Lower Cusack sold out already.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Hill opened for Sunday now.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

THFC wrote: »
    Hill opened for Sunday now.

I always knew u had the keys ;O

Advertisement