Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what is a good wage these days?

Options
123457»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15 ugly_mug

Carlowgirl wrote: »
    Just came to this post. ye have been busy:)
    it looks like it doesn't really matter what you earn it s your outgoings.. basically a 70k earner in Dublin is probably the same as a 32 k earner in rural Ireland with low mortgage.. no travel expenses.. ..? is this the jist of it?

don't be redicolous , how could a 32 k wage ever be as good as a 70 k wage , its the same country , price differential is not that wide between rural and Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Carlowgirl

ugly_mug wrote: »
    don't be redicolous , how could a 32 k wage ever be as good as a 70 k wage , its the same country , price differential is not that wide between rural and Dublin

well someone on 70 k would have a really big mortgage in Dublin.. that s all I was saying or thinking.... their outgoing might be more than someone living a simple rural life with little expenses... (I am not referring to myself by the way)....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

ugly_mug wrote: »

To a point I think she may be right, a 70k earner with a boom time mortgage and two car loans will be drowning while a guy on 32k who lives in a house he inherited may well have a better lifestyle, less stress anyway for sure. The broad point is that income is not the main determining factor, there are many variables like where you live, education etc. Many professionals are now in the soup because of poor financial decisions, but that's a different topic I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭323

mickeyk wrote: »
    To a point I think she may be right, a 70k earner with a boom time mortgage and two car loans will be drowning while a guy on 32k who lives in a house he inherited may well have a better lifestyle, less stress anyway for sure.

Providing he lives in a house he inherited and has no family, maybe, but hardly the norm.
    Carlowgirl wrote: »
    Just came to this post. ye have been busysmile.png
    it looks like it doesn't really matter what you earn it s your outgoings.. basically a 70k earner in Dublin is probably the same as a 32 k earner in rural Ireland with low mortgage.. no travel expenses.. ..? is this the jist of it?

In a country with almost no public transport in many urban areas let alone rural.
    If he is working, travel expenses are generally very much higher. With a family, more-so as in most cases the second car is far from a luxury, its a necessity.

“Follow the trend lines, not the headlines,”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Seanachai

A good wage is no wage , stroking the system , cash jobs , nice little sidelines , being a cute hoor , work for daddy's construction company during the boom , inherit the Georgian houses he bought in Dublin , collect the rent from the students and office workers. Tax dodging scam , missus has a boutique in the town , he owns a pub , you buy a round with your card in the pub and the boutique name shows up on your credit card. Laughing at the poor sods they went to school with playing it straight and paying their full taxes , welcome to gombeen land , lovely country shame about the system that thrives on it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement