Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why was Garth Brooks so popular in Ireland?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,256 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Ireland is a country full of boggers. Thats the only reason I can think of.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭bockeys jollocks

That's because of the smell of cabbage after the concerts, how would you like 5 days of cabbage "wafting" through your windows?

That's because of the smell of cabbage after the concerts, how would you like 5 days of cabbage "wafting" through your windows?

There'll be an abundance of untaxed cars running on tractor diesel and peoples pants falling down due to bailer twine failure. I dont blame the residents for getting upset.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Don't blame them , between that and one direction it's horrific

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Dr Robotnik

Do the residents still get comps?

Silver lining and all that.

Do the residents still get comps?

Silver lining and all that.

That's what will probably end up happening,

Find it strange that Croke Park don't meet with the residents each year to go through the scheduled events on in the stadium.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭RebelSoul

Whingbags

That's a busy two weekends for the residents,the five Garth Brooks concerts and then the following weekend the quarter finals of the football championship are on,they are usually on the August weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

And it might not stop at just 5 concerts ;)

• Advertisement

That's a busy two weekends for the residents,the five Garth Brooks concerts and then the following weekend the quarter finals of the football championship are on,they are usually on the August weekend.

Plenty of time to get in a stock of hats, flags, scarves and headbands.

Plenty of time to get in a stock of hats, flags, scarves and headbands.

I would be pissed off if ~500,000 people were loud, píssed and making a racket over the course of 5 nights, passing my house.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,714 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

I hope the pitch holds up, will it be allowed breath between gigs?

I would be pissed off if ~500,000 people were loud, píssed and making a racket over the course of 5 nights, passing my house.

And your anger would be softened if you were afforded comps for each of the gigs.

If not, then yeah, it's a rough deal for the residents.

How much compensation would a house normally get?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Jamsiek

when do we start the retaliatory internet hate campaign?

Good question muahahaha

seamus wrote: »
    Everyone will talk about the great Garth Brooks bubble of 2014, people buying 6 tickets for each of the five gigs, thousands of euro on the credit card on the promise that you'll easily flip them for five times their worth. People bidding against eachother for tickets on donedeal, spending upwards of €500 on a ticket worth €60 and telling themselves they got a great deal.

Then a week before the gig, all of those people who stockpiled tickets will try to sell them at the same time and realise that there just isn't enough demand for 400,000 tickets and they'll barely be able to give them away, never mind get their money back.

It'll be a national outrage, people on Joe Duffy blaming ticketmaster and the media for hyping up the gig even though they knew he was never that popular. Sob stories of people who are left paying back money on the credit card months later for a ticket they were never able to use because nobody wanted it. There'll be talk of debt forgiveness and asking NAMA to step in and refund everyone who paid scalpers massive money for their tickets.

It'll be carnage, I tell ye.

Might need another bail out even :-)

...and if course the noise pollution too.
    That and the smell of farm animals

• Registered Users Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭secman

WikiHow wrote: »

Me personally, I would demand 2 grand a gig so €10 grand and it would still be torture.

secman wrote: »
    Me personally, I would demand 2 grand a gig so €10 grand and it would still be torture.

Is it because of his voice or the smell of cabbage?

• Advertisement

I think Garth should donate the entire proceeds of the gig to the Drumcondra residents association. It would be only fair, considering they'll probably have abandoned cattle grazing in their front gardens for the week.

Is it only farmers that are going to the concerts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Is it only farmers that are going to the concerts?

No

No

What is the theme behind talking about farm animals and cabbage? :confused:

What is the theme behind talking about farm animals and cabbage? :confused:

Nobody in Dublin (I use this generelisation loosely) wants to see him, just Leitrim and other boggers that didn't pass their driving tests.

FHHHHEEEECCCCKKK!!!!!

Nobody in Dublin (I use this generelisation loosely) wants to see him, just Leitrim and other boggers that didn't pass their driving tests.

FHHHHEEEECCCCKKK!!!!!

You should be glad to see people coming up from the country at least the percentage of scumbags, junkies and general scobes per head of population in Dublin will decrease marginally for a few days.

It will be marginally though, as it would take a lot more than 5 fills of croke park to dilute the unwashed population of the capitol in any meaningful way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

You should be glad to see people coming up from the country at least the percentage of scumbags, junkies and general scobes per head of population in Dublin will decrease marginally for a few days.

It will be marginally though, as it would take a lot more than 5 fills of croke park to dilute the unwashed population of the capitol in any meaningful way.

Chip on shoulder, you may want to remove it ;)

major bill wrote: »
    Chip on shoulder, you may want to remove it ;)

I was mearly responding at an appropriately low level to match the drivel in the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

lazygal wrote: »
    He played Croke Park loads of time, sold shedloads of records and seemed to be here all the time. What was it about him that Irish people like, and would a comeback tour sell out? I think he's playing Vegas now.

Not a hope he'd sell out if he came back to Ireland. You might get 50 old biddies going to see him if he was on in the local pub and it was bingo night. Over the hill if you ask me.

You can mark my words on that one, stamp them, seal them up and cash them out in the bank!!!

• Advertisement

Who will milk the cows for the 5 days of the concerts?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement