Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supernatural - Season 9 *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

the bit with the lightbulb made me laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Anyone else notice the jacket thing?
    Usually Dean wears a dark grey jacket and Sam wears the light brown one, but this week it was the other way around. Got me thinking that for the past 9 years Sam has been the unstable one being posessed by various different entities and flirting with evil, while Dean has always been solid as a rock - old reliable. But now with the mark of Cain, Dean is the more vulnerable of the two and Sam is gonna have to be the one to bring him back from the darkness. Interesting role reversal and I thought the jacket thing may have been highlighting this. Either that or I'm reading way too in to things...

• Registered Users Posts: 85,069 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Tribes or Bloodlines spin off is dead for now anyways

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,208 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Back to normal this week. Thought it was pretty spot on. Zippy, fun when needed. Some contrasts between the Crowley/Abaddon and Castiel situations. The other British bloke's accent seemed a bit odd. Savagery afoot, and hello, Mozart.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I loved the interrogation by Sam and Dean on the angel. I'm sure there's already gifs of it all over the place.

It was good to get back to the main plot. It was interesting to have 2 and even 3 stories running together before bringing 2 of them together at the end. I wonder exactly how much the blade and the mark will effect Dean by the finale and what happens to him. Just 2 episodes left now?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,208 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Oh yeah, the camera angles stood out during the interrogation, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,305 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I loved the interrogation by Sam and Dean on the angel. I'm sure there's already gifs of it all over the place.

who was the Angel as I recognise him from something like Buffy or it's ilk?

Misha Collins back as a series regular for season 10 Source

• Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Skerries wrote: »
    who was the Angel as I recognise him from something like Buffy or it's ilk?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0941315/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

Gordon Michael Woolvet who starred in Andromeda

Wow well next week's going to be interesting. What is going to happen to Dean I wonder? Nicely played at the end as I though Gadreel was going to be the one to take Metatron out himself next week. Dean's face though in the last shot.

I also thought Gabriel might have set up the house of fun at first.

One more episode and then we wait 6 months again :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Ronanc1

I don't normally mind when supernatural subtlety retcons its own story generally it's small enough to actually complement the greater story and show mythos, but I have to say I was mightily disappointed at what they did to Tessa's character in this episode. It made practically no sense they called her a reaper at the beginning then Dean calls her an angel and her apparent "just inexplicable" "with the angel gang" with no justification wasn't even clarified. Are they trying to retcon it so reapers are now a lower order of angels ala cherrubs? What's their power? does it even make sense they could use enochian, It was all just glossed over without any explanation.

Reapers were always made out to be quite enigmatic they helped souls cross sure but it was never specified they were part of the heavenly host, they more just appeared to be their own entity and their goals coincided with souls going to heaven etc, its been clearly laid out that if they answer to anyone its death himself. We knew they could be harmed via angel blades from previous experiences ala Crowley and the rogue taxi/purgatory one but that just seemed more circumstantial as angel smitting is effective against loads of creatures.

Over all the clumsy fly in the face of previous lore and handling of Tessa really detracted from the episode for me. It was solid for the Dean first blade stuff and progressing the plot though bt alot of it just left me feeling :confused:.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Tribes or Bloodlines spin off is dead for now anyways

The CW still has hopes for a Supernatural spinoff.

Next season maybe.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/supernatural-spinoff-cw-704360

Thrill wrote: »
    The CW still has hopes for a Supernatural spinoff.

Next season maybe.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/supernatural-spinoff-cw-704360

Hopefully a different direction spin off, a young John, Ellen's husband and Bobby hunter trio as someone on this thread already suggested

Been rewatching a bit of season 4 on netflix, man angels have been massively depowered over the seasons.

It's better to burn out than to fade away..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    Been rewatching a bit of season 4 on netflix, man angels have been massively depowered over the seasons.

Yeah, pretty much everything has been hugely depowered, which is a shame really, there's not much left that feels like a real threat to the Winchesters any more. If they do another spin off next year I really hope they go back to the basics where a regular ghost/monster is pretty scary and even the crappiest of demons is bloody terrifying.

Dean Winchester - Putting the dick in dictatorship.

Everyone get the Indiana Jones reference as soon as it was read?

Well next week we have

To be crossposted in the Arrow and Vampire Diaries threads, since we've 4 Arrow and 2 VD members in there? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Dun dun duuuuuunnnnnn :)

Great finale and great ending.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I had pretty much guessed that the basis of Season 10 would be
    Dean being full on bad guy
    , so I had been expecting something along those lines - they did it really well though...

Looking forward to the team-up of
    Dean and Crowley as they worked so well this season as a duo

Most shocking moment of the episode for me was Dean turning down that Cheeseburger!!! :eek:

HO LEE SH!T!

I'll be honest I'd figured it out (or well formed the theory anyway) with 5-10 minutes before the end, but when it did happen it was class! An absolutely fantastic direction to take things next season if done right.

Crowley's aside was so meta "It's all become so expected".

I love that the
    cheeseburger
    was the clue :pac:

Just 6 months of a wait now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

Super finale.

Loved Megatrons line "Humpty and Dumpty are starring in their very own version of locked up abroad Heaven right now". :D
    It's amazing after 9 seasons to still pack an emotional punch when one of the Winchesters dies for the umpteenth time.

Really looking forward to Season 10....really not looking forward to the stupid constant season breaks :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Er ma gawwwwd.

Unreal, I didn't see any of that coming.

Crowley should be a series regular for next season

Metatron: "you do anything to help Dean, so I killed him"
    Castiel: "Really? Okay well if he's dead I won't bother trying to help or get one of these other angels to help"

Apart from that, I thought was a good finale. Be interesting to see where they go next season. Will Crowley try and keep Dean fighting the good fight, as long as he doesn't interfere in Crowley's business?

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

for the most part.

meh...

I felt this season sort of broke its pace when they killed off abbadon so easily and then tried to wrap up the metatron plotline this season, cause frankly at the beginning of this episode I didnt see the point of his plotline, sure we had the immediate plotline with dean but metatrons plan seemed...harmless. As far as I could tell the rulers of heaven were dicks, it falls apart with the failure of the apocalypse...but angels are still dicks so metatron casts them all out and rebuilds heaven with him as the new biggus dickus.

and?

I mean the leviathans had a better endgame then metatrons homeless impersonation. If the series had let that run a bit longer and get a bit bigger (and established the metatron radio earlier) then maybe I might have seen some sort of immediate crisis, but we were at the very beginning of the plan and the episode was treating it as if it was a race against time to stop some immediate danger.

Dean becoming a demon was good and I felt it was coming early on in the episode, but it didnt tie well with the metatron plotline, that should have been broken up and paced out elsewhere (let him get to the point that metachurches were popping up in the southern united states then make it the big crisis to resolve over homeless marv.)

Still think this season should have ended the abbadon storyline and left the angels to the first half of the next season.

demon dean will be interesting though.

and thats enough of a carrot to keep people watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,305 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

next season Sam becomes an
    Angel :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I thought that was a pretty decent finale.
    I felt this season lost it's way a bit after a strong start, so I'm glad to see the Abedon and Metatron stories closed off.

The Dean/Demon twist at the end was done very well and opens up some really interesting possibilities. The obvious end game will be to use the demon tablet to turn him back, but in the meantime it could have Sam and Cas chasing him around as he goes on a rampage, or possibly even Dean fighting Crowley to become the king of hell. Pitching Dean as hell's champion up against Cas who's clearly being lined up as heaven's champion could make for some amazing TV.

• Advertisement

Advertisement