Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terrible neighbours

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Few nights after moving in our Neighbour was sitting out in the back garden in a blow up kiddies pool drinking beer at 2 in the morning.

I thought ... oh f*ck ..

4 years on and they are the best Neighbours ever.

The polite ones on the other side are weirdos.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

There house is attached to mine side to side, I sound proofed me bedroom took two inches off me dam room and can still here the geezers playing games all night

Your houses are connected so the solution is simple.

Step 1: Go up into your attic and Drill a hole though the separating wall.
    Step 2: Thread a pipe through the wall and into their water tank.
    Step 3: Pump out the water and pump in hydrochloric acid.
    Step 4: Remove pipe and fill in hole.
    Step 5: Wait for them to take a shower.

Problem solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Remouad wrote: »

Step 3: Pump out the water and keep pumping it as you need it.

Problem solved.

CYP because I reckon thatll happen a lot when the water charges come in:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

Remouad wrote: »

Step 3: Pump out the water and pump in hydrochloric acid.
    Step 4: Remove pipe and fill in hole.
    Step 5: Wait for them to take a shower.

Problem solved.

I can find a few flaws in this,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

This was a few years back...

Even though I live in the countryside, there's one individual neighbour I fairly dislike.

Why?

Because he came into my house, speeding in no less up the drive way with his car, came out and verbally threatened to use a hammer to smash in my dog's head [who's a Staffy], simply because he could see the dog in MY front garden.

My dog in question was only chewing on a stick that I had thrown while I was working in the garden. And this asshole dares threaten me, because "he's got a wife afraid of dogs that walks their kid".

I had every urge to beat the daylights out of him, but thought better of it and just told him to **** off and get out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Can kinda empathise with this. People get genuinely mental about parking. I have a neighbour who bought a sh(t car just so she could park it in a space she was trying to claim for herself. It sat there for a year and a half without moving. Then she sold it and got a trailer instead, which is now in the same spot. Because she's a witch. I know loads of people who deliberately park outside other people's houses to try and annoy them (because like the guy you're talking about, they feel outside their house is 'their' parking space). My road is tiny and was okay for parking back in the one car family days. Now it's 3 car families and there are nearly knives drawn outside over the parking. It is a genuine curse though when you can't even get in or out for all the double parking and cars dumped everywhere.

This is exactly the problem. Some houses have been there for over a hundred years, others date from the 60s, but at no point did anyone in the planning authority think that families would have more than one car, so there are people from 10 houses trying to park somewhere between 14 and 16 cars in about 8 spaces. The extra, super annoying bit is that there's a small green space on the other side of the road, literally just wide enough to park a car on, and the council refuse to designate it as parking. Even if they left the trees and took up the grass there'd be space for another half dozen cars. It wouldn't make any difference to the people who think they're entitled to park outside their front door, but it would relieve the pressure when there are visitors.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,986 ✭✭✭conorhal

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    In my neighbourhood we do this thing where we all pretend nobody else exist, it's great! I see them all going into their houses or outside getting into their car but that's it.

I've been living here for 6 years and I've had like 5 next door neighbours over that period, only remember one of them, didn't even know the name of the rest.

'It was june but the christmas lights were still twinkling on the brown and desicated tree' said the paramedic. 'His body might never have been found at all if his door hadn't collapsed under the weight of all the take-away menus that had piled up behind it' he further remarked.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

CYP because I reckon thatll happen a lot when the water charges come in:)

Indeed. That is an ingenious plan - you should patent it!
    Merch wrote: »
    I can find a few flaws in this,

I'll admit the plan does require some fine tuning so lets call it a work in progress.:D

BeerWolf wrote: »
    This was a few years back...

Even though I live in the countryside, there's one individual neighbour I fairly dislike.

Why?

Because he came into my house, speeding in no less up the drive way with his car, came out and verbally threatened to use a hammer to smash in my dog's head [who's a Staffy], simply because he could see the dog in MY front garden.

My dog in question was only chewing on a stick that I had thrown while I was working in the garden. And this asshole dares threaten me, because "he's got a wife afraid of dogs that walks their kid".

I had every urge to beat the daylights out of him, but thought better of it and just told him to **** off and get out.

is your garden fully secure? is your dog on a long leash? do you watch your dog 100% of the time?
    So they cant walk on the road past your house it seems, bit inconsiderate I think.

Now if you just transport that whole scenario to a more built up area, people would assume you to be more obviously in the wrong.

The thing is, bad neighbours dont recognise what they are doing is wrong.

is your garden fully secure? is your dog on a long leash? do you watch your dog 100% of the time?
    So they cant walk on the road past your house it seems, bit inconsiderate I think.

Now if you just transport that whole scenario to a more built up area, people would assume you to be more obviously in the wrong.

The thing is, bad neighbours dont recognise what they are doing is wrong.

Don't, for a moment, assume I leave my dog outside... The dog is always with me whenever I'm outside the house, else she's in the house or out in the pen.

She was in my garden while I was working on it, why would I have her on a leash ? Countless people walk by the house, and she never pays them any heed. And should someone come in, she'd greet them happily with a wagging tail.

This asshole chose to make a situation out of nothing!

• Advertisement

Don't, for a moment, assume I leave my dog outside... The dog is always with me whenever I'm outside the house, else she's in the house or out in the pen.

She was in my garden, why would I have her on a leash ? Countless people walk by the house, and she never pays them any heed. And should someone come in, she'd greet them happily with a wagging tail.

This asshole chose to make a situation out of nothing!

Im not suggesting the guy was right, driving into your garden and threatening to brandish a hammer, but I find it hard to believe your dog is under 100% supervision all the time, some people dont like or are concerned by dogs or even just certain breeds, just because you know your dog is nice does not mean they do, nor does it mean your dog will react the same to them as to you.

A bit of understanding as a dog owner needs to exist about this, if you are completely unconcerned about other peoples views then you are inviting a response of some kind or even an incident to happen.

I find it hard to believe your dog is under 100% supervision all the time

Like I said, she's ALWAYS with me when outside - else she's inside the house or in the pen. I never leave her alone, outside... ever.

Why?

Because as incredibly gentle she may be, thanks to the media they have demonised Staffies, and assholes such as the aforementioned neighbour, think she's a killer pitbull.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Citycap

There are many many ways to get at your neighbour but it must be done discreetly. They must never suspect that it is you.
    Pizza orders, undertaker, coal deliveries, phone calls between 4am and 7am, sausage packed with laxative for the doggy etc

Im not suggesting the guy was right, driving into your garden and threatening to brandish a hammer, but I find it hard to believe your dog is under 100% supervision all the time, some people dont like or are concerned by dogs or even just certain breeds, just because you know your dog is nice does not mean they do, nor does it mean your dog will react the same to them as to you.

A bit of understanding as a dog owner needs to exist about this, if you are completely unconcerned about other peoples views then you are inviting a response of some kind or even an incident to happen.

Ireland as a country people leave their dogs roaming around the place and this guy had his dog on his own land supervised while doing the gardening.

I would see it only as someones problem once the dog leaves his property unleashed, while its in his garden it shouldn't concern anyone else.

If some nutter came on my land threatening to use a hammer i'd be calling the Gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

My neighbour was just out sweeping our footpaths and didnt line up the potted plants when she had finished.

Words will be had :mad:

:pac:

Like I said, she's ALWAYS with me when outside - else she's inside the house or in the pen. I never leave her alone, outside... ever.

Why?

Because as incredibly gentle she may be, thanks to the media they have demonised Staffies, and assholes such as the aforementioned neighbour, think she's a killer pitbull.

Ok ok
    So she is always with you when you are outside, but are you always with her?
    You sound like you are right all the time,
    the media have just done rightly or wrongly what they do, sell news, papers or on tv or online. It only takes one irresponsible owner for them to demonise someone/something, but Id rather they demonised one dog breed or all dogs or irresponsible owners than take the chance of dealing with the outcome when the situation is, wrong owner, wrong dog, someone attacked or worse.

When someone is always right, their ears tend to stuff up and hearing someone elses point of view closes down.
    They didnt deal with it right but I think you could have dealt with it better too, anyway they seem not to be your immediate neighbours and its slightly off topic.

Ok ok

I've told you twice, third time now... that she's ALWAYS with me when I'm outside, i.e. - She's always beside me while outside, else she's indoors or in the pen ... that too hard to understand or what ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

I give my neighbors the key to my house and they feed my cats and keep an eye on the place when we are away.

Ireland as a country people leave their dogs roaming around the place and this guy had his dog on his own land supervised while doing the gardening.

I would see it only as someones problem once the dog leaves his property unleashed, while its in his garden it shouldn't concern anyone else.

If some nutter came on my land threatening to use a hammer i'd be calling the Gardai.

I find it hard to believe someone would become so irate if they hadnt felt threatened by the dog and as this was the first time that poster knew about it, I suspect their claim the dog is always in their presence is a bit inaccurate.

I agree about the hammer and all that, but why should the person have to wait until the dog might attack?

Thats like someone coming on here peed off because the Gardai wont deal with what they consider a problem neighbour and the gardai want to know nothing until something serious occurs like an assault or stabbed.

We dont know the full details and the posters garden could be wide open and the dog can get off privater property onto a public path road without the owner knowing. Their whole rant was a bit more off topic, it doesnt seem like they are his immediate neighbours?

Ok ok
    the media have just done rightly or wrongly what they do, sell news, papers or on tv or online. It only takes one irresponsible owner for them to demonise someone/something, but Id rather they demonised one dog breed or all dogs or irresponsible owners than take the chance of dealing with the outcome when the situation is, wrong owner, wrong dog, someone attacked or worse.

When someone is always right, their ears tend to stuff up and hearing someone elses point of view closes down.
    They didnt deal with it right but I think you could have dealt with it better too, anyway they seem not to be your immediate neighbours and its slightly off topic.

Even if the dog was in the garden and owner was indoors there is NO law which says that dogs must be supervised, leashed, muzzled, or anything else while they are on their owners property. So what if this guy's wife is afraid of dogs? Does he walk in front of her and make sure everyone with a dog crosses the street?

This man came into the poster's garden and threatened to destroy his property (which is what a dog is classed as), and he should be reported to the Gardaí as having made malicious threats.

• Advertisement

I find it hard to believe someone would become so irate if they hadnt felt threatened by the dog and as this was the first time that poster knew about it, I suspect their claim the dog is always in their presence is a bit inaccurate.

I agree about the hammer and all that, but why should the person have to wait until the dog might attack?

Thats like someone coming on here peed off because the Gardai wont deal with what they consider a problem neighbour and the gardai want to know nothing until something serious occurs like an assault or stabbed.

We dont know the full details and the posters garden could be wide open and the dog can get off privater property onto a public path road without the owner knowing. Their whole rant was a bit more off topic, it doesnt seem like they are his immediate neighbours?

It doesn't matter.

I have a mate that has a 6 foot high wall that his Huskies can jump if they really want to.

Its more about having your dog under control than having it fenced in/secured (or other peoples perception of secured)

If you called the Gardai and said that some crazy neighbour came in threatening violence with a hammer they would most certainly take it seriously and have a quiet chat with him/her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭DjangoMc

The two houses that face the side of my house for the past two weeks, come out at 10/11pm each night and proceed to have a rave in both gardens till 6 each morning. Literally every night!
    One of them is a drug dealer, so can't even ask him to lower it and the other house the woman is an addict and she would just give you the eviler's!
    So they pretty much sleep all day and party all night. Even the three year old is up all night...

Wouldn't mind it on a weekend....but a god damn monday night...Ah Heyor!

kylith wrote: »
    Even if the dog was in the garden and owner was indoors there is NO law which says that dogs must be supervised, leashed, muzzled, or anything else while they are on their owners property. So what if this guy's wife is afraid of dogs? Does he walk in front of her and make sure everyone with a dog crosses the street?

This man came into the poster's garden and threatened to destroy his property (which is what a dog is classed as), and he should be reported to the Gardaí as having made malicious threats.

There are a number of SI's and a few Acts about the control of dogs, dogs must be kept under control, I have a dog myself.
    Private property isnt exempt from the law.
    You are being pedantic, but its more than a tad inconsiderate not to take on board someone elses opinion and concerns.

I suggest that poster is the terrible neighbour, wont admit it, probably doesnt know, doesnt care, lack of consideration is what it comes down to.
    No better than the scummers that go around near me with their Rottys and other dogs off the leash, trying to act tough and terrorising people. Good day

I suggest that poster is the terrible neighbour, wont admit it, probably doesnt know, doesnt care, lack of consideration is what it comes down to.
    No better than the scummers that go around near me with their Rottys and other dogs off the leash, trying to act tough and terrorising people. Good day

Excuse me ? I strongly suggest that you learn to read... After 3 times, saying the same thing I won't bother - you obviously can't grasp what I've said...

So it's reasonable to kill a dog because it might possibly maybe perhaps one day hurt someone?
    There are a number of SI's and a few Acts about the control of dogs, dogs must be kept under control, I have a dog myself.
    They must not be allowed to roam, and they must be kept under control in public places, and there are noise control issues, but to claim that they must be kept under control on their owner's property sounds like tosh to me - how is one supposed to ensure that one's dog is under control if they are at work? What does 'under control' even mean when it's your own property? Does the dog have to be beside you? Tied to you? Muzzled and leashed? In view at all times? Confined to a pen? Please elaborate.
    Private property isnt exempt from the law.
    Please post a link to these SIs and Acts, I'd love to read them myself.
    You are being pedantic, but its more than a tad inconsiderate not to take on board someone elses opinion and concerns.
    You can take on board people's concerns and opinions if you want, but threatening to kill someone's pet for no reason other than being visible on their owner's property is laughable.
    I suggest that you're jumping conclusions to make your point look less ridiculous.

I live in an area with a lot of scummers with their AM Bulls, Pitts, Rotties and the rest and they are, by and large, very considerate; keeping their dog on lead, or leashing them when they see you approach, and they tend to be quite well trained. The dogs I worry about are the Yorkies and Jackers, do you think it would be acceptable for me to tell their owners I'll kick the dogs' heads in?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭irritablebaz

just some neighbours on one side of me have 2 yappy dogs that just never shut up. seriously i cannot enter my back garden to do anything without setting them off.
    it's not as if they dont know me either as this has been ongoing for a couple of years now so not only annoying but must win awards for stupidest dogs in ireland.

i have approached the woman next door who said she got them from a rescue centre and both dogs had been abused by previous owners. so i ended up feeling bad after trying to sort the issue.

i approached the fella as well and he just said he would be delighted if i could do anything to get her to get rid of the dogs.

kylith wrote: »
    So it's reasonable to kill a dog because it might possibly maybe perhaps one day hurt someone?

They must not be allowed to roam, and they must be kept under control in public places, and there are noise control issues, but to claim that they must be kept under control on their owner's property sounds like tosh to me - how is one supposed to ensure that one's dog is under control if they are at work? What does 'under control' even mean when it's your own property? Does the dog have to be beside you? Tied to you? Muzzled and leashed? In view at all times? Confined to a pen? Please elaborate.
    Please post a link to these SIs and Acts, I'd love to read them myself.

You can take on board people's concerns and opinions if you want, but threatening to kill someone's pet for no reason other than being visible on their owner's property is laughable.

I suggest that you're jumping conclusions to make your point look less ridiculous.

I live in an area with a lot of scummers with their AM Bulls, Pitts, Rotties and the rest and they are, by and large, very considerate; keeping their dog on lead, or leashing them when they see you approach, and they tend to be quite well trained. The dogs I worry about are the Yorkies and Jackers, do you think it would be acceptable for me to tell their owners I'll kick the dogs' heads in?

you and the other poster are being puerile, so
    I suggest tapping into your houses with some kind of gas, something that tempers the self righteousness.
    Its the same as the scummer who blasts away with loud music, without consideration for others, just because they are in their home/garden doesnt mean they can do what they want without consideration, if there arent laws for something doesnt mean you shouldnt be considerate anyway. Also, I said if you read, threatening to brandish a hammer is wrong, but when ur head is stuck up your bum its obviously not possible to hear what other people are saying.
    If you cant consider your neighbours, then you are the terrible neighbour

ALSO goodday, means goodbye

but when ur head is stuck up your bum its obviously not possible to hear what other people are saying

The irony is so thick...

Take it you think I walk outside with my dog off the lead ? Particularly when you've been comparing me to a 'scummer'...

At no point did I ever mentioned on what I do outside my garden... Despise people that make assumptions to their own shrewd thinking...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

Good post though Beerwolf, amazing what some neighbours react to, as in, nothing.

Fair play to you for not taking it further. I doubt I would have been as patient.

• Advertisement

The irony is so thick...

Take it you think I walk outside with my dog off the lead ?

Despise people that make assumptions to their own shrewd thinking...

I heard you, I suggested you see it from their point of view, you didnt hear that or refuse.
    , so we arent going to agree so why dont we stop replying to each other, I keep saying good day and you keep coming back with smart comments, so Im leaving it at that..
    GOOD DAY

Advertisement