Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Qualifiers Rounds 3 and 4

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Padkir wrote: »
    Will Thurles not be a full house with just the hurling anyway? Hard to see how you could fit fans of two Galway teams, two Cork teams, Kilkenny and Clare into Semple on knockout Championship day.

Hasn't been full or anywhere close to it the last few years.
    What time would you envisage the 3 games on a Sunday?
    Bear in mind that the TV station who've paid money for the two hurling quarter finals would expect these two games to be one after the other and neither to be at a silly time.

Football could go on after the hurling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭InchicoreDude

My Predictions:

London v Cavan, Croke Park, 3pm
    Donegal v Laois, Carrick-on-Shannon, 5pm
    Cork v Galway, Croke Park, 5pm
    Meath v Tyrone, Croke Park, 7pm

My Predictions: Cavan, Donegal, Cork, Meath

Meath are more then capable of beating Tyrone and if I was a Meath man I wouldn't be fearing them based on their display vs Kildare.

The rest of the games should be simple enough victories, even a struggling Donegal will be too strong for Laois, Cork will make handy work of Galway(4-5 points) and obviously Cavan will beat London.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,017 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

They said on the Sunday Game that only two loosing provincial finalists have every managed to beat the 6 day turn around.
    Down did it last year v Tipp but out of curiosity does anyone know who the other was ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Hasn't been full or anywhere close to it the last few years.

How much can Semple hold?

Maybe I'm being naive here but I would have thought knockout hurling between Galway - Clare and Kilkenny - Cork would go a long way towards filling it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,298 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

So 6/6.15 on a Sunday evening for the football. Thats fairly novel isn't it?
    I'm not saying its wouldn't work but to call them 'utter fools' for not doing so seems unfair.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

They said on the Sunday Game that only two loosing provincial finalists have every managed to beat the 6 day turn around.
    Down did it last year v Tipp but out of curiosity does anyone know who the other was ?
    Just looking through past championships (slow day), no other team seem to have done it, unless the dates on wiki are wrong.

Dub did it in '01 but they had 7 days (lost on 15/7, won on 22/7), as did Fermanagh in in '08 (lost on 27/7, won on 3/8).

No losing provincial finalist qualified in 2003, 2004 or 2010.

In 2005 all provincial finalists made it through but there was no 6 day turn around.

Padkir wrote: »
    How much can Semple hold?

Maybe I'm being naive here but I would have thought knockout hurling between Galway - Clare and Kilkenny - Cork would go a long way towards filling it.

50,000+
    So 6/6.15 on a Sunday evening for the football. Thats fairly novel isn't it?
    I'm not saying its wouldn't work but to call them 'utter fools' for not doing so seems unfair.

I just think it's grossly unfair on Cork and Galway fans and will stretch the average persons budget to its limits and they'll be forced to pick one or the other.

50,000+

I just think it's grossly unfair on Cork and Galway fans and will stretch the average persons budget to its limits and they'll be forced to pick one or the other.

Its not even about money. It's just that it is a tiring weekend to go to Croke Pk AND then Thurles. It involves a lot of travelling. It is not too bad for me cos I live in Dublin at the moment. But for somebody living in Galway, they travel to and from Dublin on the Saturday, then to and from Thurles on Sunday. That's asking a lot from even the most dedicated GAA fans.

Anyway, I will definitely go to the football. Will see about the hurling.

The last few times I was in Croke Pk, I bought tickets on the day. However, I usally got a ticket towards one of the corners. This week, I intended to but my ticket earlier to get a more central seat. However, I still havent gotten my ticket for tomorrow yet (as some friends said they would join me and I was waiting on confirmation from them). Would I be more likely to get a ticket away from the corner if I bought in Centra for example? Rather than waiting for tomorrow? Also, if I go to Centra, can they tell me the section of the ticket before I get it?

Agree with your point re tiredness, but money for most people would pay an equal, if not bigger factor, toll roads are the killer.
    Would I be more likely to get a ticket away from the corner if I bought in Centra for example? Rather than waiting for tomorrow? Also, if I go to Centra, can they tell me the section of the ticket before I get it?
    I've gotten tickets in Super Value once before and they were central enough, much better than the tickets to be got on the day. The tickets will have the section and seat number on them so you can just ask the shop attendant what section they're in. Tickets on the day will be in either the Davin, or the corner sections. As for getting them in Dublin, will they have them in shops up there?? Would assume they were only distributed to the counties involved.

• Advertisement

THFC wrote: »
    Agree with your point re tiredness, but money for most people would pay an equal, if not bigger factor, toll roads are the killer.

I've gotten tickets in Super Value once before and they were central enough, much better than the tickets to be got on the day. The tickets will have the section and seat number on them so you can just ask the shop attendant what section they're in. Tickets on the day will be in either the Davin, or the corner sections. As for getting them in Dublin, will they have them in shops up there?? Would assume they were only distributed to the counties involved.

Yeah, I agree with the point that money can be a factor too. Just saying though that people who are well able to afford may not do so cos it's a lot of miles to put up over two days.

I rang the GAA ticket line there and they dont have great tickets left for either the lower hogan or lower cusack. Think I will buy my tickets now as I dont want to be behind the goal. I could wait and hope for the Davin to fill up and then get upper tier tickets but not so sure that will happen. I'd imagine a lot will travel tomorrow without tickets though.

Yeah, I agree with the point that money can be a factor too. Just saying though that people who are well able to afford may not do so cos it's a lot of miles to put up over two days.

I rang the GAA ticket line there and they dont have great tickets left for either the lower hogan or lower cusack. Think I will buy my tickets now as I dont want to be behind the goal. I could wait and hope for the Davin to fill up and then get upper tier tickets but not so sure that will happen. I'd imagine a lot will travel tomorrow without tickets though.
    If uppers do open tomorrow you can easily just walk up there with your lower tier ticket anyway, stewards don't normally ask for tickets but if they do just tell them there's a big tall fcuker blocking your view and you can see loads of spares up there :pac: works a charm! If he does ask though yeh could even tell him the truth, but one or two stewards can be very anal about the whole thing.

If uppers do open tomorrow you can easily just walk up there with your lower tier ticket anyway, stewards don't normally ask for tickets but if they do just tell them there's a big tall fcuker blocking your view and you can see loads of spares up there :pac: works a charm! If he does ask though yeh could even tell him the truth, but one or two stewards can be very anal about the whole thing.

Dont think they will open. The GAA ticket rep scared me though saying it was close to them opening the Davin that they were down to sections 327 in the Hogan & 310 in the Cusack. I tried tickets.ie a few minutes later and got tickets for section 329 (a section I like :-) ). I'd say we will see the Davin being opened though.

For the rows, is row A closest to the pitch? Or furthest back from the pitch? I can never remember that.

Thats true about them opening the upper actually.

Dont think they will open. The GAA ticket rep scared me though saying it was close to them opening the Davin that they were down to sections 327 in the Hogan & 310 in the Cusack. I tried tickets.ie a few minutes later and got tickets for section 329 (a section I like :-) ). I'd say we will see the Davin being opened though.

For the rows, is row A closest to the pitch? Or furthest back from the pitch? I can never remember that.

Thats true about them opening the upper actually.
    A is the first row, back to Z obviously enough, then AA, BB, CC, etc. Best seats in lower tiers imo go from ~T - ~NN.

A is the first row, back to Z obviously enough, then AA, BB, CC, etc. Best seats in lower tiers imo go from ~T - ~NN.

Yeah, thats what I thought. Think I got row W.....

Advertisement