Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Qualifiers Rounds 3 and 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Same day Diana Spencer died.

Yep, weather was woeful that day. Pissed rain all day for that semi.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

Put a couple a hundred on Derry to bate the sh** out of Cavan, only guaranteed result of this round

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

shrewdness wrote: »
    Cork, Tyrone, Monaghan and Derry for me.

A few good ties and potential good matches there.

Would have to agree with this. Im from Cavan, and I see the usual tinted glasses are on again where people are tipping us to beat Derry. I think we will run them close but dont have enough firepower. Dunne and Keating managed a total of 1-2 from play against Fermanangh and were completely outplayed v Monaghan as well. I know we scored 1-14 v Fermanagh but Derry are a lot better.

leonidas83 wrote: »
    Put a couple a hundred on Derry to bate the sh** out of Cavan, only guaranteed result of this round

I'd expect Derry to beat us alright but I certainly wouldn't stick a couple of hundred on it.

That said, I never bet on teams I support but I wouldn't of thought Cavan and Derry would be that clear cut someone would chance a couple of hundred on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

corny wrote: »
    I'll go for Cork, Wexford, Derry and Meath to come through and all four of them to lose to the provincial winners.

I'd love to see Cavan beat Derry and Martin Dunne to get an All Star he deserves though.

I dont know if your tak!ng the piss or being serious. Martin Dunne had an excellent game V Armagh, played well V Fermanagh the first day, was completely outplayed and outfought by Monaghan and had an ok game on Sat nite. Mackey has been Cavans stand out player this season, and the only player IMO of course from Cavan who has any chance of getting a nomination never mind an award itself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

Is the Kildare game confirmed as 7pm Newbridge on Sat evening?

Also live on tv

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭buckwheat

R4 double header in Croker on 27th July. Cork v Armagh / Galway followed by Meath v Kildare / Tyrone. First game 5pm and second game 7pm. Second game live on tv

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

You know something we dont?

Armagh have put up 10-34 in their last two games (Away) while Galway have narrowly beaten Tipperary and Waterford (at Home), that was the one that caught my eye as a sure result.

Cavan put that Armagh team away in the 1st round, and therefore I wouldnt guarantee them a beating against anybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭manofwisdom

Those tipping Monaghan to reach the last eight should remember the six turnaround after losing a ulster final.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

Are any of the Round 3 games on telly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Padkir wrote: »
    Are any of the Round 3 games on telly?

Kildare Tyrone rte sat 7pm

Neeson wrote: »
    Kildare Tyrone rte sat 7pm

Lovely, should be a cracker.

Any on TV3??

Can BBC show any qualifiers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Amprodude wrote: »
    Cork are Cork and are capable of fcuking up at any stage. I have being following them for long enough. They should beat Galway/Armagh on paper but knowing Cork its hard to know with them. They could destroy a team or struggle to win or lose unexpectantly..

Dont get this comment at all. Haven't they being in the Semis the last five years. They are very consisent at putting away teams they should beat.

EDIT - looked it up, its 2004 since Cork have not made the semis.

Lovely, should be a cracker.

Any on TV3??

Probably not. 2 are at 5 and 2 are at 7.

And if TV3 get one you'll know all about it if you ever have the misfortune of tuning into the channel. They'll advertise the sh1te out of it and let us know each nite on the news.

Neeson wrote: »
    Probably not. 2 are at 5 and 2 are at 7.

And if TV3 get one you'll know all about it if you ever have the misfortune of tuning into the channel. They'll advertise the sh1te out of it and let us know each nite on the news.

I know all about it, but I'd put up with ads to be able to watch another game.

I know all about it, but I'd put up with ads to be able to watch another game.

So would myself. But I don't think they'd show one at 5. Britains got Pop Factor is probably on and would get a higher audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

TV3's GAA coverage is really awful.

seligehgit wrote: »

It is. But it's better than no match all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭manofwisdom

seligehgit wrote: »
    Still better than RTE. Ger Canning,Joe Brolly,Pat Spillane,Eamon O'Hara anyone??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭Birroc

Dots1982 wrote: »
    Dont get this comment at all. Haven't they being in the Semis the last five years. They are very consisent at putting away teams they should beat.

Wow, can't argue with those stats. Would think Cork must be disappointed to only have one AI from 8 semi-finals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Would have to agree with this. Im from Cavan, and I see the usual tinted glasses are on again where people are tipping us to beat Derry. I think we will run them close but dont have enough firepower. Dunne and Keating managed a total of 1-2 from play against Fermanangh and were completely outplayed v Monaghan as well. I know we scored 1-14 v Fermanagh but Derry are a lot better.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think there'll be much at all in it by the end of the Derry-Cavan game, could go either way but I'd just give the edge to Derry. Serious incentive for both teams to win with the plum draw of London in the next game so I'd expect a tough battle. Yous must be sick of meeting Ulster teams by now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Don't get me wrong, I don't think there'll be much at all in it by the end of the Derry-Cavan game, could go either way but I'd just give the edge to Derry. Serious incentive for both teams to win with the plum draw of London in the next game so I'd expect a tough battle. Yous must be sick of meeting Ulster teams by now!

Would agree that Derry probably will shade it but this Cavan team are a different proposition and have real heart and no fear attitude plus kept their discipline in the face of some serious wind-up antics from Fermanagh on Saturday night. Three things that Cavan teams in the past 15 years were missing.

On the one hand as a fan am sick to the back teeth of Ulster opposition and it would be nice to get away from Ulster teams to see where we stand but from the players point of view they are comfortable in that environment and don't fear any Ulster team - remember there is a serious amount of Ulster medals and sigerson medals in that Cavan team.

Derry will rightly be favourites esp in Celtic Park but is a fantastic opportunity for Cavan to get to Croker this year..

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭pdiddy

you'll need to look again Mayo beat them in quarters of 2011

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Look it up again. Its 2011 actually last time they didnt make the semis. They lost to Mayo in quarter finals badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Birroc wrote: »
    Wow, can't argue with those stats. Would think Cork must be disappointed to only have one AI from 8 semi-finals.

Its pathetic. If that was Kerry or Dublin in that position they would have at least 5 AI's in the bag.

Sick is not the word. 5 games this year and every one of them against an Ulster team.

We rarely venture far in the qualifiers so a game against Galway, Laois or Wexford would have been a bit of a novelty.

I'm shocked by how optimistic Cavan people are being too. I'd see this as the worst draw we could have got after Tyrone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

You know something we dont?

Armagh have put up 10-34 in their last two games (Away) while Galway have narrowly beaten Tipperary and Waterford (at Home), that was the one that caught my eye as a sure result.

Cavan put that Armagh team away in the 1st round, and therefore I wouldnt guarantee them a beating against anybody.

Bateing the likes of Wicklow & Leitrim is a very different story to bateing the tribesman, come the weekend everyone of those Galway men will be out to prove a point. I fancy Armagh myself but I could see it being alot closer than the Derry v Cavan, Derry are a class act, just ye wait & see.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Cavan may be disappointed at drawing Derry, but if you want to get to Croke Park, then you have to beat whoever is in front of you. Whether it is the way Armagh destroyed Leitrim, or being pushed to the edge, you've got to win. Cavan in Croke Park in 1997 was a great day. Counties with long absences making a return usually is great. The atmosphere for the Clare footballers in 1992 against Dublin still stands out in my memory. Cavan may get there, but you have to fancy Derry. If they hit a bad day, and Derry are one county that seem to underachieve with the talent they have, Cavan could take them. Either should beat London, but after that, a semi-final place might be a step too far, depending on who they get of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Bateing the likes of Wicklow & Leitrim is a very different story to bateing the tribesman, come the weekend everyone of those Galway men will be out to prove a point. I fancy Armagh myself but I could see it being alot closer than the Derry v Cavan, Derry are a class act, just ye wait & see.

Galway may well give Armagh a good game but you'd have to fancy Armagh to win by about 6-10 points.

I think every team is out to prove a point in the games they play but Galway's form I very poor- a hammering off Mayo and narrow wins against Tipp and Waterford.
    I can only assume that you're basing your opinion on tradition

Advertisement