Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Qualifiers Rounds 3 and 4

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

Galway may well give Armagh a good game but you'd have to fancy Armagh to win by about 6-10 points.

I think every team is out to prove a point in the games they play but Galway's form I very poor- a hammering off Mayo and narrow wins against Tipp and Waterford.
    I can only assume that you're basing your opinion on tradition

I'd fancy Mayo to give Armagh a hammering too if they played them. I think home advantage & yes, a pride in their history will spur this Galway team to give Armagh a good match. Definitely dont think Armagh will win by 6/8 points anyways. Whatever about Galway this will be Armagh's first real test since they lost to Cavan too & that was a very bad result against a very average team from Cavan. I definitely dont think Armagh are as good as some people are suggesting on this thread.

Derry have beaten Down & Sligo in the qualifiers already & beaten them well. Beating Down is not to be underestimated imo, they're division 1 standard & came very close to beating Donegal, perhaps if they were more clinical they would have won that match. Cavan have only really beaten Fermanagh again at home

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

leonidas83 wrote: »
    I'd fancy Mayo to give Armagh a hammering too if they played them. I think home advantage & yes, a pride in their history will spur this Galway team to give Armagh a good match. Definitely dont think Armagh will win by 6/8 points anyways. Whatever about Galway this will be Armagh's first real test since they lost to Cavan too & that was a very bad result against a very average team from Cavan. I definitely dont think Armagh are as good as some people are suggesting on this thread.

Derry have beaten Down & Sligo in the qualifiers already & beaten them well. Beating Down is not to be underestimated imo, they're division 1 standard & came very close to beating Donegal, perhaps if they were more clinical they would have won that match. Cavan have only really beaten Fermanagh again at home

I guess we are discussing a scenario that we will soon know the answer to!

Galway could well give Armagh a good game- same as Roscommon can give Tyrone a good game (when you'd expect Tyrone to win comfortably).

To be honest I hope that Galway do give them a good game- went to college and worked in Galway so have always had a soft spot for them- but they have been awful for a while now and I'm sure there is pride there but pride is useless without the right temperament.

I'd be shocked if Armagh didn't win by more than 5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

a very average team from Cavan.

Cavan have only really beaten Fermanagh again at home
    Put a couple a hundred on Derry to bate the sh** out of Cavan, only guaranteed result of this round

Spill the beans there - did somebody from Cavan cop off with your sister of something in Coppers - serious grudge going on there :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Amprodude wrote: »
    Look it up again. Its 2011 actually last time they didnt make the semis. They lost to Mayo in quarter finals badly.

Fair enough, they came up one game short of the semis one year. Still wouldn't say of Cork that they are the type of team to lose unexpectedly.

As for the Cork only winning one All Ireland. They should have won the 2009 final. First of all Kenneally should have been sent off in the first minute and second of all they just should have won because Kerry outfoxed them tactically but Cork were the more dominant side. That's the way I saw it anyway.

Cork will still cruise into the QFs this year but doubt they will make semis.

Tom Joad wrote: »
    Spill the beans there - did somebody from Cavan cop off with your sister of something in Coppers - serious grudge going on there :rolleyes:

Dont have a sister. I know Sh*te when I see SH*TE. It just so happens that cavan are just that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Dont have a sister. I know Sh*te when I see SH*TE. It just so happens that cavan are just that

They're into the last 16 and fully deserve their place there.

We're not fooling ourselves thinking we're world beaters, even the manager has said we're far from the finished article.

But this is his first year in charge and, with a team whose oldest player is 27, and the majority of which are 20 to 24, we're going better than expected.

Wow what an eloquent and well thought out post - there is no comeback to that :rolleyes:

Lemlin wrote: »
    They're into the last 16 and fully deserve their place there.

We're not fooling ourselves thinking we're world beaters, even the manager has said we're far from the finished article.

But this is his first year in charge and, with a team whose oldest player is 27, and the majority of which are 20 to 24, we're going better than expected.

BATEING A SH*TE FERMANAGH TWICE & GETTING A POXY RESULT AGAINST ARMAGH MAINLY BECAUSE THEIR MANAGER IS A F*CKING IDIOT OF THE HIGHEST ORDER. Thats what Cavan have achieved this year, I wouldnt be writing home about it

Wow what an eloquent and well thought out post - there is no comeback to that :rolleyes:

Thanks, much appreciated

I'm actually honoured that you are now trolling Cavan - it must mean we are getting somewhere - wasn't it Mayo that you were trolling here until they humiliated you this summer :).

• Advertisement

I'm actually honoured that you are now trolling Cavan - it must mean we are getting somewhere - wasn't it Mayo that you were trolling here until they humiliated you this summer :).

Mayo are about to win a very weak connacht championship, yah real humiliation for me. We'll see who's humuliated come the latter stages of the championship when they sh*t their pants again. No trolling going on here either, if you want to pm me to continue this conversation I'd be happy to do so.

if you want to pm me to continue this conversation I'd be happy to do so.

Nah you're ok but seriously thanks for the offer..;)

Nah you're ok but seriously thanks for the offer..;)

No probs, anytime sweetcheeks;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Derry also lost to Down you know? Cavan have beaten Fermanagh and Armagh and lost narrowly to Monaghan but yet you think Derry's achievement of beating Sligo a team who lost to London is something to shout about. Derry are favourites and the bookies odds are about right but your obvious dislike for Cavan means you are talking bollox. What odds would you be willing to give on a Cavan win? Bookies have them around 15/8.
    BATEING A SH*TE FERMANAGH TWICE & GETTING A POXY RESULT AGAINST ARMAGH MAINLY BECAUSE THEIR MANAGER IS A F*CKING IDIOT OF THE HIGHEST ORDER. Thats what Cavan have achieved this year, I wouldnt be writing home about it

Fermanagh and Armagh while no world beaters aren't sh*te. It's obvious you don't like Cavan for whatever reason, but please stop talking absolute shite.

Johner wrote: »
    Derry also lost to Down you know? Cavan have beaten Fermanagh and Armagh and lost narrowly to Monaghan but yet you think Derry's achievement of beating Sligo a team who lost to London is something to shout about. Derry are favourites and the bookies odds are about right but your obvious dislike for Cavan means you are talking bollox. What odds would you be willing to give on a Cavan win? Bookies have them around 15/8.

Fermanagh and Armagh while no world beaters aren't sh*te. It's obvious you don't like Cavan for whatever reason, but please stop talking absolute shite.

I'd give Cavan odds of about 20/1 & you can get up the fu*king yard with your delusional posts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

I'd give Cavan odds of about 1/20 & you can get up the fu*king yard with your delusional posts

I think you mean 20/1

Out of interest, are you taking your own advice and putting hundreds on Derry?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

No probs, anytime sweetcheeks;)

You guys should meet in Coppers! Tom and Johner can bring a sister, or a fine thing from Cavan. You can then whisper sweet nothings, or match results, into each other's ears.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

I'd give Cavan odds of about 1/20 & you can get up the fu*king yard with your delusional posts

1/20?

Wow. That's really sticking your neck out there.

Delusional? Like I said Derry are favourites and are the most likely winners but I don't think its as clear cut as you think. Nothing delusional about that. And 1/20? :pac: What odds would you make Derry so. :pac:

I think you mean 20/1

Out of interest, are you taking your own advice and putting hundreds on Derry?

Ill put about 150 to 200 on them, ill get a good return for that amount when they win.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

leonidas83, any more posts similar to the ones of the past few hours will result in you being banned.

I'll have a tenner on at those odds of 20/1 so. :pac: Don't ever become a bookie.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Ill put about 150 to 200 on them, ill get a good return for that amount when they win.

Is that euro or cents, tiddlywinks counters or maybe potatoes? What about the rest of the championship, where would your stakes be going?

I'll have a tenner on at those odds of 20/1 so. :pac: Don't ever become a bookie.

ok lads we'll have to agree to disagree about the result:D No dislike for Cavan, I just dont rate them highly as a football team, wish ye the best of luck & hopefully the best team will win.

Flukey wrote: »
    Is that euro or cents, tiddlywinks counters or maybe potatoes? What about the rest of the championship, where would your stakes be going?

cents, sure im big time havent ya heard:). Fancy a Dublin v Donegal final with Dublin winning, they have by far the strongest panel in the championship imo. Mayo will possibly make it to the semis but then do the usual & I fancy Kerry to make it to the other semi.

ok lads we'll have to agree to disagree about the result:D No dislike for Cavan, I just dont rate them highly as a football team, wish ye the best of luck & hopefully the best team will win.

As I said Derry are the most likely winners but if you were giving odds of 20/1 on a Cavan win then that is value as thats 20/1 odds on a 15/8 shot. I think Cavan are a young improving team who have had a great season so far and there will be no shame losing to Derry but I do think they will give them a good game, a Cavan win wouldn't be the biggest upset in the world either. I'm not from Cavan either but it's not hard to see that they are a decent young team that will only get better.

As I said Derry are the most likely winners but if you were giving odds of 20/1 on a Cavan win then that is value as thats 20/1 odds on a 15/8 shot. I think Cavan are a young improving team who have had a great season so far and there will be no shame losing to Derry but I do think they will give them a good game, a Cavan win wouldn't be the biggest upset in the world either. I'm not from Cavan either but it's not hard to see that they are a decent young team that will only get better.

A Cavan win would be the biggest upset of the round imo & possibly of all the qualifiers so far. As for the odds they might aswell be 30/1 as I cant see anyway Cavan will come out of Derry with a win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

Mayo will possibly make it to the semis but then do the usual & I fancy Kerry to make it to the other semi.

To be honest, Mayo probably have as good of a record in semi finals as anyone, better than most in fact. It's the finals we have problems in.

Hard to look past Dublin this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

A Cavan win would be the biggest upset of the round imo & possibly of all the qualifiers so far. As for the odds they might aswell be 30/1 as I cant see anyway Cavan will come out of Derry with a win.

I'll escrow up to 5K if you want to put your money where your mouth is?

• Advertisement

keane2097 wrote: »
    I'll escrow up to 5K if you want to put your money where your mouth is?

yah no bother, fire ahead

Advertisement