Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013 Sean Kelly Tour of Waterford (SKT)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭former

How would this compare with the Wicklow 200?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 stonecutters

Looks like both the 100 and 160km are sold out as of earlier today!! :eek:

https://www.facebook.com/Seankellytour

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭billyhead

I have a spare entry I will not be using as I will be abroad that weekend. I will accept €25 for it and it can be paid for via paypal. I will then e-mail the registration confirmation onto you and let the organisers know that they can change the entry name for the number once the payment has been received. If anyone is interested PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭detones

I knew I shouldn't have looked at that route profile. Anybody recommend a decent clip on mounting bracket for a defibrillator?

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭slap/dash

Looking forward to this, doing the 100. Is there a GPx or whathaveyou for the routes? Prob overkill, but I'm getting rapidly used to the auld garmin!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

billyhead wrote: »
    I have a spare entry I will not be using as I will be abroad that weekend. I will accept €25 for it and it can be paid for via paypal. I will then e-mail the registration confirmation onto you and let the organisers know that they can change the entry name for the number once the payment has been received. If anyone is interested PM me.

hi Billy offer asking where you based

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭Charlie69

billyhead wrote: »
    Further to the posting I will accept 25 euro
    i'll take that off you bud

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭coastwatch

I'm looking for a SKT160 entry if anybody with one cant make it. Will pay full price. PM me with details.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

former wrote: »
    How would this compare with the Wicklow 200?

I found the individual climbs are a little harder on the SKT that the WW200 but this is more than offset by the shorter route and the nice downhill finish. I find the extra 40km at the end of the wicklow 200 very tough.

Overall I'd say it's easier but only a little easier.

Apart from that there's generally a more fun athmosphere and the mass start lends a sense of occasion to the event.

'looking forward to it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

slap/dash wrote: »
    Looking forward to this, doing the 100. Is there a GPx or whathaveyou for the routes? Prob overkill, but I'm getting rapidly used to the auld garmin!

Slap/dash you will not need it.

I did the 100 last year having never cycled in the area so no idea of the route. The route is well signposted and plenty of other cyclist to guide you around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Its up on Garmin Connect if you take a look.
    http://connect.garmin.com/course/4400927

You can export it directly to your device via a link on the top of the page.

I think there will be a time cut, I seem to remember reading something along those lines somewhere, and it makes sense that the organizers and helpers will eventually:

a) not want to send obviously exhausted cyclists over an easily-bypassed climb with a dangerous descent

b) want to go home to their tea

But I don't have any details ...

Forgot c) need to get home or Croke Park to watch Mayo V Tyrone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

bazermc wrote: »
    Forgot c) need to get home or Croke Park to watch Mayo V Tyrone
    thats what im thinking... 160km in 7 hours incl food stops :eek:
    have done 170k in 6 hours before but only 1000 metres of climbing so we'll see how it goes.

For those coming from outside the area, has anybody managed to book a hotel for the night before.

I have started to look at availability in the area, but most of the hotels appear to be full.

Alternatively I could drive down that morning from Dublin but would be an early start assuming drive time from city centre is approx 2 hours meaning leaving the house around 6am to be on time for the 100 start at 9. And then another 2 hours back home that evening. has any Dub cyclist done this before and would they recommend it

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭coastwatch

All sorted, with thanks to Inquitus.
    coastwatch wrote: »
    I'm looking for a SKT160 entry if anybody with one cant make it. Will pay full price. PM me with details.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Paschcom

Hi
    I'm also looking for a 160km entry if anyone can't make it along. Will pay full price.
    Pls PM me.
    Tks

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

I drove down and back for the SKT the last 2 years. It's 2Hrs. exactly from Newlands Cross to Dungarvan.

This year (weather and humour permitting) myself and pal are planning on cycling down on Sat. and back on Mon.

See here:http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056952662

• Registered Users Posts: 2 markrusk

Hi All,
    Also looking for 160km entry if there's any cancellations out there! Will pay full price.
    PM me.
    Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

anybody else that cant go i am looking for the 160 entry cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭slap/dash

For those coming from outside the area, has anybody managed to book a hotel for the night before.

I have started to look at availability in the area, but most of the hotels appear to be full.

Alternatively I could drive down that morning from Dublin but would be an early start assuming drive time from city centre is approx 2 hours meaning leaving the house around 6am to be on time for the 100 start at 9. And then another 2 hours back home that evening. has any Dub cyclist done this before and would they recommend it

some of us staying here. not sure if its got availability http://www.tudorbar.com/

• Advertisement

some of us staying here. not sure if its got availability http://www.tudorbar.com/

Thanks, just tried them and they are full

Looks like I have left it too late again

• Registered Users Posts: 1 cavemen79

I am looking for two entries for the Sean Kelly Tour 2013 (160K). If anybody has any entries they are not using, I will buy them off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭New2bike

5 mins outside Dungarvan is a lovely seaside resort Clonea which has the Clonea strand hotel and caravan/camping park or its sister hotel the Goald Coast a little closer to Dungarvan might be worth a try :)

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Get In There

Thanks, just tried them and they are full

Looks like I have left it too late again

Try these?

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/s/Waterford--Ireland?checkin=24-08-2013&checkout=25-08-2013

If you do decide to make a reservation, you'd have to sign up to the website. In which case, could you please use my referral link? (I figure there's no harm in putting it out there?) https://www.airbnb.com/tell-a-friend?airef=40nlfze617ezz5

Cheers

New2bike wrote: »
    5 mins outside Dungarvan is a lovely seaside resort Clonea which has the Clonea strand hotel and caravan/camping park or its sister hotel the Goald Coast a little closer to Dungarvan might be worth a try :)

I stayed in the Clonea strand last year - never staying there again dreadful hotel

it was the only hotel that had any availability which made sense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

I stayed in the Clonea strand last year - never staying there again dreadful hotel

it was the only hotel that had any availability which made sense

Try surrounding villages for accommodation. A cycle to loosen up in morning won't do any harm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Junior

Waterford really isn't that far from Dungarvan lads - it's at most a 30 minute drive - there should be a load of availability there. There's also a few camping sites around Dungarvan as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

http://www.waterfordfarms.com/accommodation.html

Can't vouch for any of these.

This one I can, although I have no connection. Food will be excellent morning and evening. 25km from start, lovely country pub close by...
    http://www.glashafarmhouse.com/

Will be cycling in on morning if your feeling energetic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭fed up sick and tired

I have a 160km for sale as I can't make it, unfortunately.

PM me for details, anyone interested.

Going to work shortly so I will not be back online until tomorrow morning, but will reply asap if I get any inquiries.

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Ciann

May not be much use but I've a 50km entry and can't make it, PM me if you're interested.

Advertisement