Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Assetto corsa

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Dcully wrote: »
    Doubt ill make a purchase, most of the content in this is available from the modding community already and is of a pretty high quality.
    From watching the video of the Nords, it's a completely different kettle of fish to Snoopies modded version. It's worth €10 on it's own in my mind. Outside of the corvette I haven't seen any of the other cars modded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭Nanastick

Only one more day.

It's looking damned pretty with it's new graphics updates too.

11037320_1089924961033821_1805271112348270785_n.jpg?oh=a77d374de92bb26d76b5955aaf0182ba&oe=5588FA68&__gda__=1434043138_ded5930e529735bb58634db62c6017ec

10710900_1089925184367132_1032692009831950680_n.jpg?oh=442f0ac8bf630375df36af277e10efc8&oe=5588C8A9

11042669_1089924091033908_7035675808976345886_n.jpg?oh=040a72a849bf092460ce1cd66bdee574&oe=558B941C&__gda__=1434201239_12b19f4423411b1bc1796eb2ad41f4f8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipE5nwCLXcc

Here is a video mentioned above.

I absolutely love the tyre sounds. Jesus thats brilliant.

Those pictures look unreal Scumlord. I wonder will it be released at 12am tonight?

OSI wrote: »
    I wonder does the A to B mode include simulated public traffic on the track to. That would be fricking awesome.

That would be epic.

I wonder does the A to B mode include simulated public traffic on the track to. That would be fricking awesome.
    I'm not sure but I think they mentioned the tourist version would work just like the real thing, I think there's four layouts in total.
    Nanastick wrote: »
    Those pictures look unreal Scumlord. I wonder will it be released at 12am tonight?
    No chance. It's more than likely going to come out at 6pm GMT tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Anyone else tried it yet? The sound of that Alfa 155 in the replays is fantastic especially when the car passes a static camera. They've done an incredible job with the Nurb too.

I've noticed mod cars no longer work.

I had a go in most of the cars. Sounds are great, I got a big increase in FPS too, dropped vsync altogether now. Full grid on the nords was only costing me about 20fps over driving alone. With the massive increase in FPS I was able to increase reflection AA and still get over 100fps with a full grid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

loving this DLC, the Nurburgring is a feckin masterpiece

• Advertisement

Grim. wrote: »
    loving this DLC, the Nurburgring is a feckin masterpiece

I have to agree with you Gim. Its awesome.

Same Scumlord I got a huge increase. Especially online.

I had a race with the Alpha GTA, I put in two 4c's as well. The alpha is great fun to throw around nordschleife but the AI is still a bit dumb. I got past all of them by lap two and near the end of lap three one of the 4c's came up and just sat behind me. Even on the long straight at the end with my car damaged and unable to go past 180kph it stuck right behind me braking.

The little alpha is incredible, it's ideal for the nordschleife, to easy to get carried away sliding it around corners though.

Yep, the AI is as bad as ever. When I first got the DLC I hadn't access to my G27 so I let all the new cars race the Nurb to have a look/listen. They wouldn't overtake each other unless one made a mistake. The Sauber C9 was stuck behind the Alfa 155 until it got to the long back straight near the end of the lap.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Yep the AI is by far the weakest part of AC,id worry if it will ever get to a decent level.
    AI in GSC and formula truck is fantastic,if AC got anywhere near as good id be very happy.

At least they've stop doing the pit manover, now they just intimidate you by sticking to your rear bumper. I did the career race with the formula abarth, I'm having real problems with the magione race, they seem to be much faster on the straights, I just can't keep up.

I haven't tried the new AI on a normal track, it might be a bit better, their useless on the nords. Going to be doing my first online race tonight, it's more of a track day though, people can use whichever of the DLC cars they want. As long as online has fixed some of the collision problems that will keep me happy for a while.

Having a lot of fun on this hillclimb track recently.

not my vid or setup unfortunately.

Im actually finding the ai in AC better than PCARS now ive put plenty of time into both.

Speaking of racing ai in AC.

That was great to watch!! Wheel to wheel looks way improved but they still seem reluctant to battle each other except for the back straight. I still pretty much just hotlap. Really don't get to drive enough though.:(

BTW I hope that's not that guys nose in the bottom left of the camera. :p

• Advertisement

The Lambo`s are coming !!!

Best tip for AI racing is stick with identical car as opposition or atleast similar performance as they wont overtake slower cars :(
    Nothing feels as good as AC to drive imho.
    I love GSCE and enjoying PCARS but AC just feels right to me,PCARS just feels too easy by comparison.

^^^this is why I love AC. Its so unforgiving but without that feeling of being cheated, that when you achieve something the sense of reward is immense. It was the same with Grand Prix Legends for me.

Speaking of GPL, here's a video, mainly of whacky crashes, a dude called Jimmi Bo put together from replays a bunch of us sent him way back in 2001. Mines at 2:01 - a Brabham ran into the back of me coming into Curva grande and barrel rolled over me. It was my first major crash and thought it looked epic. :D

I've been away from AC for the past month or so, it was mostly my own fault, I never got onto Fanatec with my problem but once I did they had a replacement part sent to me within 3 days.

God I missed this game, I did the GTA event at monza and won straight out, I thought I still had it so took the F40 out on the nords. Failed miserably. Lot's more failure after that but it was the good kind of failure that just encourages you to try harder.

That Ferrari 288 GTO mod is a nightmare though.

50% off on steam for next few days :eek::eek::eek:
    40% off if you buy with DLC
    30% off DLC

http://store.steampowered.com/app/244210/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

50% off on steam for next few days :eek::eek::eek:
    40% off if you buy with DLC
    30% off DLC

http://store.steampowered.com/app/244210/

I just came n here to tel everyody and you beat me to it haha ive just purchased it myself.

• Advertisement

Enjoy mate.
    A few useful links for you

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/assetto-corsa-car-setup-guides.99049/

and a tonne of mods
    http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/categories/assetto-corsa.1/

Its made it into the RPS top 5 simulation games of all time.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/05/15/best-simulation-games/6/

I love how they praise the handling :P

What elevates AC, what transforms it from an also-ran into the essential race sim, is the combination of strong visuals, intense audio, and handling models that feel stolen rather than simulated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Enjoy mate.
    A few useful links for you

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/assetto-corsa-car-setup-guides.99049/

and a tonne of mods
    http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/categories/assetto-corsa.1/

Its made it into the RPS top 5 simulation games of all time.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/05/15/best-simulation-games/6/

I love how they praise the handling :P

What elevates AC, what transforms it from an also-ran into the essential race sim, is the combination of strong visuals, intense audio, and handling models that feel stolen rather than simulated

Cheers mate ill leave it a few weeks id say I'm enjoying the career mode of p cars too much :)

Im actually finding the ai in AC better than PCARS now ive put plenty of time into both.
    I did a GT3 race at Spa last night there's certainly a big improvement in AI over the last month. There still not to pushed about over taking but they put on heaps of pressure. But it was a pretty clean race for the AI, I over drove and busted the car lost all rear downforce and rage quit.

First time getting around to the Nissan GT3 too, great sounding car. I think I'll switch to it instead of the McLaren.

ScumLord wrote: »
    I did a GT3 race at Spa last night there's certainly a big improvement in AI over the last month. There still not to pushed about over taking but they put on heaps of pressure. But it was a pretty clean race for the AI, I over drove and busted the car lost all rear downforce and rage quit.

First time getting around to the Nissan GT3 too, great sounding car. I think I'll switch to it instead of the McLaren.

Yeah i really like the Nissan GT3, that sound is great especially on downshifts.
    Your spot on about the AI too.
    Cheers mate ill leave it a few weeks id say I'm enjoying the career mode of p cars too much

Im really enjoying pcars too despite its many issues but i make time for both :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

I bought the Dream Pack before it came out and I think I've only played for an hour on The Ring...

In comparison I've done quite a few hours on The Ring in PCars. I'm just not feeling AC for some reason... :/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

Anyone up for setting up a Boards.ie AC server?

I've got a nice dedicated server handy if there's any interest. We could organise some races or just a trackday-type set up.

It might be hard to get enough people here. I usually do my racing on Racedepartment but their races are kind of early these days. I'm currently signed up for the GTA race at Imola on Thursday, there's only one other person signed up so could probably meet up on that server. Why no love for the GTA? It always brings a smile to my face.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Squidwert

When they allow me to setup the car and fix the menu's for the Oculus I'll be racing at the Racedepartment. But until that's fixed i'll stick with IRacing. I haven't touched AC since the last hotlap comp we had. :(

Squidwert wrote: »
    When they allow me to setup the car and fix the menu's for the Oculus I'll be racing at the Racedepartment. But until that's fixed i'll stick with IRacing. I haven't touched AC since the last hotlap comp we had. :(
    I don't really see Kunos dedicating too much time to the rift until the consumer version comes out. When you say setup the car do you mean you can't select a setup with the rift?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Squidwert

the rift works fine you're just stuck with the default setup for the car.

Few screenies of some fun lastnight.

download_6.jpg
    download_5.jpg
    download_7.jpg
    download.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I bought this in the 50% off Steam sale and really looking forward to giving it a try.

v3ttel wrote: »
    I bought this in the 50% off Steam sale and really looking forward to giving it a try.

Its extremely tough with some cars like the Lotus 98t at 100% boost :D but once you get the hang of it the rewards are immense. Check their forums for wheel set ups before you start. Its not great out of the box for a G27.

Ya, the 98T isn't a beginner car, it's incredible people actually raced that thing in anger.

The GT cars are nice to learn with, they have simulated TC systems adjustable in game as you would in the real car so you can use the pro settings and just reduce TC as you see fit in car (Ctrl + T). They're probably easier to drive (sort of) than the high powered road cars thanks to their grippy tyres.

• Advertisement

Assetto Corsa is coming to the consoles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

I just heard about this, happy days.

The Pc master race is going ape**** on other forums. They think this is a sign that AC is going simcade but I don't see that happening. I think it will force Kunos to make the UI and single player experience much better because it won't work as is on consoles. ACs trump card is their physics, if they follow other simcade games they'll just get lost in the crowd.

Agreed , i doubt kunos will go the simcade route.

I cant see them changing the physics. Its the games main feature. Consolers are in for a treat...ones with wheels anyways.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

ScumLord wrote: »
    The Pc master race is going ape**** on other forums. They think this is a sign that AC is going simcade but I don't see that happening. I think it will force Kunos to make the UI and single player experience much better because it won't work as is on consoles. ACs trump card is their physics, if they follow other simcade games they'll just get lost in the crowd.

Lol, I thought that might happen alright, I don't see what their problem is though. Even if Kunos do make a complete balls of it, it's hardly going to affect the all conquering pc version.

I can't wait for this to hit the PS4.

Very nice stream live now of Virtual BMW M235i Racing Cup (Live)

http://www.racedepartment.com/live-stream/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

I was pissing myself laughing earlier as everyone was screaming on the AC facebook page when they announced the console version was being made. The only thing I hope is that it doesnt slow down any progress for the PC. They have probably seen the riches PCars has made on consoles and wanted a piece of the pie, here's hoping the extra funding will actually mean more and faster content etc for the PC.

• Advertisement

Yes my main worry would be the loss of resources. The game doesn't feel finished to me, and now they want to divert work to release it on consoles?

Its a slight concern for sure but i think the PC version will benefit in the long run.
    I agree in places the game doesnt feel finished as in its missing quite a few features you would expect from a sim but its biggest attraction is its physics, this wont change imho.
    Features missing from PC will just have to be included in the console version or its destined to fail.
    Without trying to come across all elitist most console users wont see AC`s wonderful driving feel as a main feature thus will demand a lot more features than the sim fanatics on PC who can do without once they have a superior driving physics.
    To the vast majority of sim fans on PC its all about them physics and how it feels to drive and race,everything else will always be secondary and a bonus.

More than anything i want to see the AI improved,maybe more track content too but thats a bonus really as most tracks and cars are already available with mods.
    Thats another thing the sheer amount of mods for AC is amazing,console users are going to miss out on this whole different world of content.

Advertisement