Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assetto corsa

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Hes a terrible driver in so many ways,in that vid atleast.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I've taken part in four online races now, two organised through racedepartment and two I just jumped into. It's a hell of a lot of fun, it's incredible how much more amped up I get racing really people, even when I'm out on my own.

The only bad experience was a race I jumped into loading corrupted or something. Sound didn't work, cars went flying up in the air, I could have quit at any time of course but I stuck with a horribly corrupted loading of the game rather than miss out on a race. Never experienced it again.

The game is already up to version 9.9. I wonder will we continue to get updates or are we looking at final release soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

ScumLord wrote: »
    I've taken part in four online races now, two organised through racedepartment and two I just jumped into. It's a hell of a lot of fun, it's incredible how much more amped up I get racing really people, even when I'm out on my own.

The only bad experience was a race I jumped into loading corrupted or something. Sound didn't work, cars went flying up in the air, I could have quit at any time of course but I stuck with a horribly corrupted loading of the game rather than miss out on a race. Never experienced it again.

The game is already up to version 9.9. I wonder will we continue to get updates or are we looking at final release soon?

Games like this never have proper " full release ". Look at minecraft. It got a full release status, but it ment feck all the way game functions and how it gets updated.

I did only one online session and it was more of a track day free driving style, which I loved a lot. It's a lot more fun working on your times, whole other people drive around too. You get your own mini competition by trying to get closer to someone in front of you or trying to get away from someone behind. It gives a bit more lively sense to track. All that works if you don't have muppet just to wreck havoc.

Next big update coming on July 18th and is set to include the 1000hp lotus 98T.

There's also talk they'll have some sort of pit stops available in multiplayer by V1, it just won't have fancy animations.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭c0rn3y

Hey guys,

I have Assetto Corsa at home and drive it now and then but I cannot get it to feel right. Kinda feels (only the fov now) like iRacing did before I got triples, I have no sense of speed at all in AC. Tried all kinds of settings but just doesn't feel right. Tried with a high fov but that just looks sooo wrong when on triple screens and using the normal fov that I use in most sims (40-50) feels wrong, any ideas?

Just ordered the Oculus DK2 so that will maybe fix it for me =)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Squidwert

c0rn3y wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I have Assetto Corsa at home and drive it now and then but I cannot get it to feel right. Kinda feels (only the fov now) like iRacing did before I got triples, I have no sense of speed at all in AC. Tried all kinds of settings but just doesn't feel right. Tried with a high fov but that just looks sooo wrong when on triple screens and using the normal fov that I use in most sims (40-50) feels wrong, any ideas?

Maybe this tread can help with the Sense of speed
    http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/no-sence-of-the-speed.1748/#post-13979

and hopefully there is update for the oculus in the update on the 18th. I should be in the first batch of DK2's so looking forward to the Lotus 98T.

Squidwert wrote: »
    and hopefully there is update for the oculus in the update on the 18th. I should be in the first batch of DK2's so looking forward to the Lotus 98T.

You have to write a small review of the dk2 when you get. Im sooo hoping the the resolution is ok.

Hehe I went a bit crazy today and put in some orders. Think my wife will knock me out hehe.

rSeat RS1 Black/Black
    Buttkicker Mount
    Keyboard/Mouse tray
    Tablet/Buttonbox Mount Kit
    Speakers Mount Kit
    Shifter Mount Upgrade kit

Buttkicker - THRONE THUMPER (THMP-1 )

DSD Track Boss button box

Fanatec
    ClubSport Wheel Base
    ClubSport Steering Wheel Porsche 918 RSR
    ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula Black
    ClubSport Pedals V2 EU ClubSport Pedals V2
    ClubSport Handbrake EU ClubSport Handbrake
    ClubSport USB Adapter EU ClubSport USB Adapter

Oculus Rift DK2

Logitech Z-906 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers.

OSI wrote: »
    :eek:

You'd nearly be saving money buying an actual track car!

But then I would probably die knowing me :)

Hey guys,

Well, looks like I am not the only one after all. I don't get since of speed in AC too. Makes it very hard for me to corner and I just have to watch my actual speed all the time.

On the other note. Do they just make performance worse and worse with each patch? When I just got AC I was able to run triple screen on my gtx 680 quite nicely. Now I am just dropping frames like crazy. On some challenges it became a pure slide show, even when I dropped to medium settings.

Well, looks like I am not the only one after all. I don't get since of speed in AC too. Makes it very hard for me to corner and I just have to watch my actual speed all the time.

On the other note. Do they just make performance worse and worse with each patch? When I just got AC I was able to run triple screen on my gtx 680 quite nicely. Now I am just dropping frames like crazy. On some challenges it became a pure slide show, even when I dropped to medium settings.

I have the same all the time now as well. Seems like they are adding to much new gfx details that are not optimised yet but I think that will all get better with time.

I read that lowering the gfx details to super low can make things feel better with the sense of speed but I have around 100 fps on my triples so it shouldn't be the problem but I will try tonight just to make sure.

• Advertisement

:eek:

You'd nearly be saving money buying an actual track car!
    You could get a very good track car for that money. You'd still have to pay more big money to race it and keep it track worthy. The outlay is about the same money wise but the running costs are much lower.
    I haven't worried too much about the sense of speed, I use a 45FOV so I've no peripheral at all. It is correct though, if you had the same restrictions on your vision in real life it would have the same effect as in the game. If there's no sense of speed on the rift I'll be mad but the way things are I just don't have the equipment for sense of speed.
    I've noticed performance drops lately too, it isn't to bad just yet but it's certainly worse than it was. I'm waiting for this next big update, I'm hoping it's going to fix some of these problems.

I read on the AC forum that a lot of people recommend that you use 60 fov to get a proper sense of speed. To me that feels like there is something wrong if you have to use a fov that high when sitting so close to the screens. Would be different using a console and sitting on the sofa some meters away.

Loads of people have told me that I should get a track car instead but here is the real kicker hehe, Im not into motorsports really at all (or any other non esport). I have tried all kinds of track driving in real life, driven rally many times and loads of go-karting and sure its fun but I have more fun sitting in front of my computer =) .... yes I am a computer nerd.

Sim racing catched me because of playing quake 3 way to much. In quake3 (or any quake version) you need to be 100% focused all the time and you need to have good reflexes and never ever look away and be super fast and continuously moving .. this is similar to sim racing, if you are not 100% focused you are off the road or your lap times get hit hard. I know it sounds crazy comparing a super fast FPS game to sim racing but I hope that you get what I mean here =)

I don't really see the issue in splashing out like that for sim rig. Yes, you could buy a track car, but it would be a continues money Pit and you will be able to get it for a spin only few days per year. Sim rig - fire her up when you feel like it. Even more fun when you have a few beers in ya. You can't really do that in track car :pac:

It's not an issue. I was making a lighthearted observation that he was spending a lot money.

Hope I didn't come off as if I was angry or anything, was really not my intention at all :)

I wouldn't normally spend this much on anything really. This time was a bit different and of course not easy for you guys to know that. Im buying stuff that I can use for many many years and going to dedicate to my mum that past away recently, wanted something that I love doing and that makes me happy at the same time so that every time I use it I can be happy and think about her at the same time.

Anyway it feels like I hijacked the thread now (sorry for that) so lets get back to talking about AC :)

@Squidwert: Any tracking data received regarding your OR DK2? =)

Not yet hopefully today.

Not yet hopefully today.

Not yet hopefully today.

Damn I wouldnt be able to concentrate all day at work if I was waiting for that today hehe. Hope you get the tracking info today man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Has there been any improvements to the Rift support lately?

• Advertisement

I have no idea, but will let you know when ever I get mine and I start to track the updates hehe =)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Has anyone tried installing custom maps or cars yet. I've download a few tracks from the asseto corsa modding forums but I can't figure out where to put them so the tracks load in game. I've put the tracks zip files in the folders so they appear in the menus but when I try to load the track I get a "track not found" error.

Usually I know what I'm at when it comes to stuff like this but has me lost this time round.

You need to unzip them first. Have a look inside the unzipped folder too, most of them that I've come across have a folder within a folder IE: Snoopies Nordschleife folder will have another folder inside it with the same name that contains the actual files. So you want to transfer the folder with the files rather than the folder containing the folder with all the files, if that makes sense.

The tracks go into your steam folder. I think it's steam>steam apps>Assetto Corsa> content > Tracks or cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

You need to unzip them first. Have a look inside the unzipped folder too, most of them that I've come across have a folder within a folder IE: Snoopies Nordschleife folder will have another folder inside it with the same name that contains the actual files. So you want to transfer the folder with the files rather than the folder containing the folder with all the files, if that makes sense.

The tracks go into your steam folder. I think it's steam>steam apps>Assetto Corsa> content > Tracks or cars.

Could have swore I tried that but went at it again and working now :cool:

Gentrack one may have one of the worst names you can give a track but it's actually pretty good and well made.

This could be the best mod ever for Assetto Corsa.

The reliant robin

It's got proper 3 wheel physics and is very easy to roll. It's a bit like trying to manage a very large vehicle because the weight moves around so much. You have to get your entry speeds right but when you do it corners really well.

Overall though it's just pure fun, I can't wait to race this car online, it would be crazy.

Another mod car released is the Shelby Cobra 427. It's not a particularly fast car, or has particularly good handling but it's classic American muscle.

A GP2 mod is out as well.

Maybe the lack of features at this stage. It is still just a driving simulator with some basic race options at the moment. I can't get enough of it though, I tried rFactor 2 again a while ago and thought the cars felt very flat, in that you couldn't feel the suspension working and the weight transfer as easily as with Assetto corsa. I'm having some very competitive races over at racedepartment.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭_HULK_SMASH!

Maybe the lack of features at this stage. It is still just a driving simulator with some basic race options at the moment. I can't get enough of it though, I tried rFactor 2 again a while ago and thought the cars felt very flat, in that you couldn't feel the suspension working and the weight transfer as easily as with Assetto corsa. I'm having some very competitive races over at racedepartment.

Just a thought, you might have already tried it, but have you tried the Car Specific FFB Multiplier? I found exactly what you felt, lackluster feedback. I couldnt feel what the tyres were doing, until I tried it. Its in the control settings section in the middle of the screen.

I have mine set to 1.5, up from 1.0 for the Skippy. When I did this the FFB became stronger and more detailed, I could feel better what the tyres were doing and felt more in control and was faster.. Anyway, something to try perhaps.

Clive.

The updates are coming back this Friday. Kunos have confirmed the Mercedes SLS.

They've also been dropping loads of pictures of Spa, they haven't really confirmed or denied that Spa will be included. I'd say the photos might have just been because of the F1 GP there last weekend.

The pictures of Spa show some new graphic effects though which may be coming in this update on Friday.

1502211_949649598394692_8212164404243243476_o.jpg

10629354_950129861679999_1481862301566635618_o.jpg

10639441_950822501610735_3027118282995621723_n.jpg

They also announced a Toyota license that will include.

Production:
    GT-86
    Supra MK IV
    Celica
    AE-86

Racing:
    GT-86 GT4
    TS040 Hybrid LMP1 Le mans car.

• Advertisement

I only got to spend some time with it on Friday/Saturday. I had big performance increases. I've gone from medium settings to high while still maintaining 60fps.

There have been 7 updates since Friday so the current version should be 22.7.

I know it broke a lot of the mods and they can be causing difficulty, some have gone for clean installs.

Advertisement