Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assetto corsa

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

OSI wrote: »
    Might go for the fresh install myself. Even the controls were showing a lot of lag.
    That's strange, it could be an app so try uninstalling them first maybe, but I haven't had any problems. I sort of gave up on apps two updates ago because the information in them was all messed up, I couldn't rely on them to give me race position or even the right amount of laps so I have most of them off since.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Squidwert

Rift support has been fixed. Now it looks amazing. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭Darwin

Yes I can imagine it looks incredible on the Rift. I have 3D Vision glasses, and the sense of depth is really compelling, I couldn't go back to playing any racing sim now without proper 3D support. I'm not a big fan of multiplayer racing so must give the career mode a tryout this weekend.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 145 ✭✭SameDiff

This is a most stunning sim. I have a fairly lousy PC and it still is blasting GT6 on the PS3 away.

I am absolutely loving it, it drives beautifully too. You know when a sim is good when you are happy just hotlapping.

Magnificent work.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,049 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Got this a couple of weeks ago, a G27 and a wheelstand pro.

Man alive its awesome! It brings me right back to playing GPL over 10 years ago. Haven't played anything like that since then.

I just cant stop driving the beastly Lotus 98T. I've driven pretty much nothing else since getting it. Dat sound! Dat bang from the turbo!:D

I can feel the days of VROC returning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭c0rn3y

Man alive its awesome! It brings me right back to playing GPL over 10 years ago. Haven't played anything like that since then.

I just cant stop driving the beastly Lotus 98T. I've driven pretty much nothing else since getting it. Dat sound! Dat bang from the turbo!:D

Mike... your post made me smile =)

Anybody tried AC with the DK2 yet? I have the dk2 but just can't find the time to sit down and test it. Damn work taking up all my time.

OSI wrote: »
    That split second of "ah s**t" when you shift down and out of the boost range and know you've got a fight to keep it on the road coming when it hits that magic rpm :D

Yeah and second gear WILL kill you if you're too greedy! Especially on an incline. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

VROC oh man the memories, 56k modem dialing up late at night to get a 500 ping so i could race online :)

The guys who made the shelby car mod for AC, that ended up becoming official content it was so good have just released the lamborghini Miura P400SV. It's another fantastic mod with probably some of the best sounds in the game yet. great fun to drive.

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/lamborghini-miura-p400sv.4316/

Downloaded a hape of cars and tracks recently. The sound of that Miura is awesome.

This thing is great fun altogether

..gotta love the epic Lotus 98t.

Sorry about the gank quality

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Configured up a local dedicated server for AC yesterday as I wanted a run with a low ping.

Currently featuring the Tatuus Formula Abarth on Imola.

Penalties on, no fuel consumption, 50% damage, 20% tyre wear.

10 minute qually, 10 lap race.

Look for 'ACI TiG Racing'.

Feedback welcome.

Thanks.

Lucutus wrote: »
    Configured up a local dedicated server for AC yesterday as I wanted a run with a low ping.

Feedback welcome.

Thanks.

I'll have a look later tonight

Feedback welcome.

Thanks.

Sweet. I'll try to get on this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭_HULK_SMASH!

Feedback welcome.

Thanks.

Sweet! will look out for it.

We'll have to arrange a race day.

I thought it would be a good idea to race the Miura on the Nords. My god that car is loud through headphones. I was in the RUF and once I started to come up behind the Miura I could hear nothing but it's engine, it actually put me off and I started missing gears.

I'd like to race something old, I can do pretty well in the Tatuas but it's a bit dull. You couldn't say that about the reliant but any race I've been part of with that thing has descended into chaos, so much so it's hard to tell who actually won.

SHELBY COBRA?

SHELBY COBRA?

I vote for the 98t. :D

I tried that server a couple of times but no one was on but I noticed TC was enabled. I took me nearly a lap to realise and that the Abarth isn't dead easy to drive. :D

• Advertisement

I haven't done much in the cobra or 98T, I'd be happy with either. I like cars that are actively trying to murder you.

The 98t is great fun, but the engine is pron to give up (probably the way i drive it thou )

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

New mod !
    FF1 season 2015,its very impressive to say the least.

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ff1-2015.4941/

Quick vid of lap1 from my first race.

I thought these guys had broke up? Will these be the first cars to use DRS and ERS?

There are new teasers for the dream DLC. There's some obvious graphical improvements coming with the 1.1 update. That haze around the car is gone for one thing.

Dcully wrote: »
    New mod !
    FF1 season 2015,its very impressive to say the least.

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ff1-2015.4941/

Quick vid of lap1 from my first race.

Sweet! cant wait to try this tonight, they seem to have the engine sound spot on! :)

Sweet! cant wait to try this tonight, they seem to have the engine sound spot on! :)
    It's pretty cool. I don't get why people are always complaining about modern F1 cars, the 2014 ones are a handful, it's so hard to keep your mind running at those speeds. I want to champion the cars in discussions but I always chicken out of saying "well I drove the car in a sim and I thought they were class".

I love pitting the F1 cars against each other just to see the progression. It's huge between decades and the new cars are the fastest. Well until we get some late 90s early 2000 cars in there.

ScumLord wrote: »
    It's pretty cool. I don't get why people are always complaining about modern F1 cars, the 2014 ones are a handful, it's so hard to keep your mind running at those speeds. I want to champion the cars in discussions but I always chicken out of saying "well I drove the car in a sim and I thought they were class".

I love pitting the F1 cars against each other just to see the progression. It's huge between decades and the new cars are the fastest. Well until we get some late 90s early 2000 cars in there.

I remember playing F1 2006 on the PS2 with my first "proper" FFB wheel, the Thrustmaster Williams F1 replica wheel thing. Even built a crappy little rig to hold the thing. It seemed like the pinacle of sim racing back then. I remember my brain could barely keep up when going through the 2 left handers at Pouhon at the spa track in Belgium. It was literally that quick, my brain had problems keeping up ha ha.. I could never have believed what we have nowadays for our hobby, HeadTracking, Triple screens and full VR on the way..

I could never have believed what we have nowadays for our hobby, HeadTracking, Triple screens and full VR on the way..
    Now our brains scream in 3D - HD - surround sound.

Yeah, I was thinking the same recently, if my child self could see me now. :D

• Advertisement

ScumLord wrote: »
    I want to champion the cars in discussions but I always chicken out of saying "well I drove the car in a sim and I thought they were class". .

Yeah, certain folk would probably jump all over it. :p That said they're the most civil bunch of forumers compared to pretty much any other F1 forum I've used.

Back to the sim and modern F1 cars. I've steered clear of any modern sim for the last 10 years. I didn't like it because I just couldn't handle the speed and didn't find fun in it. I think GPL turned me off the modern stuff too.

Have you played much more of the F2015 mod? Whats the verdict? I'm going to give it some time tomorrow.

Advertisement