Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown' gets full series..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Seems to be back this Friday.

Info on guests here.

It's Jonathan Ross and Roisin Conaty this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Seems to be back this Friday.

Info on guests here.

It's Jonathan Ross and Roisin Conaty this week.

Urgh, I hate Ross

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Looking forward to it, hopefully Rachel will have her lovely assistant, Joe, to help her out. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Ruubot2 wrote: »
    Looking forward to it, hopefully Rachel will have her lovely assistant, Joe, to help her out. :)

Joe Wilkinson literally ruins the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

He's brutal, funny once maybe but how many times has he done the same piece now? Needs more Rachel and better dictionary corner guests.

• Advertisement

It depends on what he does. Sometimes he's hilarious and sometimes it just doesn't work. I watched him with Rachel on 24 Hours To Go Broke during the week and he came across so differently. He was nearly sulking the whole time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Awkward Badger

Owen_S wrote: »
    Joe Wilkinson literally ruins the show.

I'd strongly disagree.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭micar

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Urgh, I hate Ross

I;m the same but he was not his usually bad self.

Always love this show.

Roisin and the numbers round was hysterical.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Have been a massive fan of this show but feel, after tonight, that ........... it may have run its course ???????

• Registered Users Posts: 12,730 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

I think susie dent is a stunner!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

1966 wrote: »
    Have been a massive fan of this show but feel, after tonight, that ........... it may have run its course ???????

Agree with this. Loved nearly every episode they've done so far but it felt like they weren't even trying to be funny in this episode. Not willing to right it off just yet. Freddy Flintoff on next week so looking forward to that.

Thought it was pretty well in line with most previous shows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭houseplant

Very poor show this time I thought. I hope it picks up for next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

How was DAT ASS looking?

Sean Lock is absolutely sick of it at this stage I'd say. I know it's a comedy version of Countdown but it must be very frustrating knowing that every week you're going to lose by a long way.

David O'Doherty was great last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

micar wrote: »
    I;m the same but he was not his usually bad self.

Always love this show.

Roisin and the numbers round was hysterical.

I agree he wasn't terrible.

I am getting tired of Joe Wilkinson, he's a bit like that drunk lad who always arrives let for the party and tries to steal all the attention. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. And more often than not these days it doesn't for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

FunLover18 wrote: »
    I agree he wasn't terrible.

I am getting tired of Joe Wilkinson, he's a bit like that drunk lad who always arrives let for the party and tries to steal all the attention. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. And more often than not these days it doesn't for me

I seen him on 'have I got news for you' last week & he was very funny.

On this show though the hits are getting few & far between.

What was it Ross asked Sean, something about his numbers game better than the letters round (or vice versa). Sean replied with something like "it's like stepping in dog shit or cow shit..." :D

Watched half of this last night and turned it off to watch something else, they were all just going through the motions, I was bored before the end of the ridiculously long introductions at the start tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

To be fair to the regular crew on Cats Does Countdown, poor guests can typically mean a poor show.

Ross has not been funny for a long time.

Roisin Conaty was just awful... I'm not a massive fan of female comedians but compared to the likes of fellow Irish female (and often funny IMO) comedian Aisling Bea, she was just dreadful.

Next week is Freddie Flintoff who can be a quite funny bloke (as seen on ALOTO), the excellent Rhod Gilbert and the very funny Henning Wehn (OK.. so his humour is typically strict uber-German rants, but he can be quite funny).

One dud episode does not mean the show has run it's course..

• Advertisement

Not doing it for me this series. Not giving up hope yet. Josie really wanted to win this week and Rachel Riley's dress. :D

How many "new" eps are there?

Thargor wrote: »
    How many "new" eps are there?

Three so far this season I think.

Ruu wrote: »
    Not doing it for me this series. Not giving up hope yet. Josie really wanted to win this week and Rachel Riley's dress. :D

I'm starting to see that its wearing a bit thin now too. The "cats does countdown" thing is done, the novelty is gone. Its now just a repetitive celebrity countdown with the same batch of "how the **** is this guy famous" career panellists and Sean and John out of ideas.

Even the mighty Joe Wilkinson is getting a bit old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Novelty def worn off

Yeah definitely, at least they didn't make a regular thing out of Deal or no Deal, that was brutal. Id like to see them do other stuff like the Cube or something but channel 4 doesnt have many good game shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I enjoyed last weeks show. At least somebody on there wanted to win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I don't understand why they keep doing the Countdown thing. The novelty has well worn off at this stage and its quite clear that at least Sean Lock is sick of it, wouldn't be surprised if others are too. Why continue doing it? I much prefer the show in its regular format.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,310 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It really should just be a once a year show a Christmas or New Year special.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement