Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown' gets full series..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Basq wrote: »
    "EXGONADS"

Amazing! :D

Really enjoyed that tonight.
    I thought Jon was great tonight with his 9 letter words... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Rachel was looking well tonight.

WikiHow wrote: »
    Rachel was looking well tonight.

As opposed to?

She looks great all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭baldshin

Can't believe Jon didn't spot sexigonad as the 9 letter word!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Finally Sean Locke wins a show, Jon was trying too hard on the 9 letter shows.

Daire was funny, 4G EE, nuff said ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Loved the show- Sean Locke already said in an interview that he doesn't actually really like doing the show because Jon always wins so it's kind of pointless!

I miss the normal show sometimes but either way it's always good craic.

It's back again tonight for another run of episodes.
    Christ if you're not paying attention to the Channel 4 schedule regularly you wouldn't know whether it was coming or going.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

^ Yep, only reason I knew it was back was because '8 Out Of 10 Cats' was back for a new series on Monday, and Jimmy Carr mentioned it at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I was using the Sky+ app to record The Last Leg and I noticed it was on. Weird that it's so broken up.

It really is blink and you'll miss it.
    I don't really follow the regular 8 Out of 10 Cats anymore, although I used to back in it's early years - I probably should get into it again.

• Advertisement

I don't really follow the regular 8 Out of 10 Cats anymore, although I used to back in it's early years - I probably should get into it again.
    I honestly think Sean Lock & Jon Richardson are two best team captains they've had.. so well worth checking out!

I honestly think Sean Lock & Jon Richardson are two best team captains they've had.. so well worth checking out!

It's just one of the shows that fell by the wayside a couple of years ago because of where I was living (didn't have a TV) and had been having problems with 4oD at the time. Might start watching the current season now that I've got access to Sky+ again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Caught up with this over the last few months, the regular show and countdown episodes. Joe Wilkinson is a great PA, some hilarious stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

I knew they were making digestives bigger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Gone off the blonde ever since I found out who she supported

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Gone off the blonde ever since I found out who she supported

I would never get off her.

Never i tells you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

I would never get off her.

Never i tells you!

I would still destroy it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭ElNino

I am really enjoying the series although it is a bit annoying how Jon is deliberately messing up the word games to allow Sean to be competitive.

Rachel really killed Jimmy in the last show when he was having a go saying at her saying what is the point in doing mathematics and she replied that it is good for doing sums and taxes!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I remember the episode they did right after Jimmy's tax fraud came out. It's the best episode of the whole series IMO. Jimmy takes it like a champ, to be fair to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I remember the episode they did right after Jimmy's tax fraud came out. It's the best episode of the whole series IMO. Jimmy takes it like a champ, to be fair to him.

'We all like to put some money away for a rainy day, but you seem better prepared than Noah'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

"On the plus side, at least you’ve been in a top five list of something."

Either I'm in a ridiculously good mood this evening, or that was the best one yet.

My face hurts from laughing.

The alternative 30-song second song was hilarious!

Only downside is I'm a big fan of Peter Serafinowicz but 'abdicates' got old quick.

Shame it's over now, for another few months anyways (presumably).

Only downside is I'm a big fan of Peter Serafinowicz but 'abdicates' got old quick.

Shame it's over now, for another few months anyways (presumably).

Who knows, could be back in a few weeks.

Hope so.. but seeing how the regular '8 Out Of 10 Cats' is back for a new series and Carr is starting his new tour in a new weeks - there's be less available time to film I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Yeah Jon Richardson is also going on a pretty extensive UK and Ireland tour so won't be much filming done.

I really want to know what that music was Sean had, was stuck in my head all day today! Hilarious!

The show never fails to put a smile on my face.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Any idea what it was?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Mars Bar wrote: »

I have that on my sky+ box, its hilarious to watch when nothing else on, you could see straight away his demeanour when walking on & saying:

'Welcome to 8 out of 10 Cats a show about opinion polls, surveys, statistics & this week, i'm guessing ME' :D

Season 12x01 is on Challenge tv Thurs@11pm, as current one is S17th
    Who knows, could be back in a few weeks.
    Aah, that's a shame, i liked those shows, especially Rachel's assistant Joe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Sandwlch

Joe.

He doesnt contribute much but everyone loves a bit of eye candy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭bluesfan

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Any idea what it was?

It sounded like a remix of "Whiskey in the Jar" to me. At least the opening of it anyway.

Advertisement